Diamond Horseshoe opening soon for table service lunch and dinner

alissafalco

I considered changing my Liberty Tree ressie to eat here, but decided not to. Not enough info, there's more selection at LT it seems, and since they will already have cornbread & salad to the table, why would they have one of the entrees served with cornbread?? It's cornbread overkill

Last edited:

docdebbi

just a warning....I called this morning to book a lunchtime reservation for April 10. The automated booking system stated that Diamond Horseshoe at lunch is Quick Service "so need for a reservation". I know very well that the press release stated ALL table service, so talked to a CM who made my reservation.
so, if you try to book and get this announcement, don't believe them. talk to a CM
I suspect this is a left over from seasonal operation when it was indeed QS.
I also suspect there are going to be some pretty ticked off people (who don't troll these boards like I do and know the real story) when they walk up for QS because that's what DISNEY told them, and they can't get in.

Animaniac93-98

Saw this available for September, but had trouble booking it. After putting in all the relevant personal info, it said it couldn't book me. May have been a technical issue as I had no trouble with my other reservations.

Also said dining plan was not accepted, is that true?

EDIT: official restaurant page says dining plan accepted

Last edited:

alissafalco

Saw this available for September, but had trouble booking it. After putting in all the relevant personal info, it said it couldn't book me. May have been a technical issue as I had no trouble with my other reservations.

Also said dining plan was not accepted, is that true?
not sure, I would just call.

Timekeeper

I only saw the show once back in 2000 but enjoyed it immensely. Although the menu looks "meh" I'd go in heartbeat it they opened up entertainment again.

perfect opportunity for a short dinner show. Not sure if the meal alone is worth $30, but with a quick show it definitely would be.

If they're looking for entertainment content, even a band would be a good, uncomplicated addition. Or copy whatever DLP is planning to do for the Lucky Nugget.

On that note, does anyone know what Terry Ward is up to nowadays? Is he still performing at WDW? I know he was working in LMA and strolling on Hollywood at the Studios, but come to think of it - I haven't seen him in quite some time.

I'd love to see him back on stage at the Horseshoe.

olie64

Has anyone are here? If so was it any good?

Also have they expanded the time it will be open into June yet?

Thumper 32

On that note, does anyone know what Terry Ward is up to nowadays? Is he still performing at WDW? I know he was working in LMA and strolling on Hollywood at the Studios, but come to think of it - I haven't seen him in quite some time.

I'd love to see him back on stage at the Horseshoe.

Jack Diamond is still on the streets of Hollywood doing close up magic and being a talent agent to the stars.

The Hatbox Ghost

Made my reservations for the Diamond Horseshoe a month ago and just ate there today- what a disappointment :( The place was virtually empty at peak time, which should have been my first clue. The food was ok I guess, but just not worth $84 for two after tip- for lunch! I'd gladly pay that at Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner but geeze o_O Oh well now I know.

alissafalco

Made my reservations for the Diamond Horseshoe a month ago and just ate there today- what a disappointment :( The place was virtually empty at peak time, which should have been my first clue. The food was ok I guess, but just not worth $84 for two after tip- for lunch! I'd gladly pay that at Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner but geeze o_O Oh well now I know.
I'm sorry it wasn't any good, I was tempted to eat there because of the beautiful decor, but it just got way too many bad reviews. We kept our liberty tree reservation.

The Hatbox Ghost

You will love Liberty Tree Tavern great atmosphere and food. I agree so much wasted potential with Diamond. You can sense there is history there and that with the stage and the upper balcony area, that it's meant to be more than it is right now. As others already noted a live show is a no-brainer.

Samoht

I was considering changing our Liberty Tree advance to Diamond Horseshoe when we go in July but it wouldn't let me so, I figured I'd try again later on. After reading this I guess I'm glad...
This place was so cool when there were magic shows going on while you ate a turkey sandwich up in the balcony. Nostalgia almost got the better of me! Thx for bumping this thread —

Bocabear

This is such a no-brainer to bring back entertainment running all day...a sort of HoopDeDoo light version...written for the location, up the food quality, drop the light levels a bit, and mit would easily be a wonderful destination restaurant.. rather than whatever kind of mess it has been the pasat few years... Grab and Go, now table service with the hot line right in the dining room? that is just terrible...especially at those prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom