Operating hours of several Epcot attractions and shops to be reduced from Feb 2016

Jon81uk

My point was meant to be more along the lines of your #1 ride is down right now. Why on Earth are you going to not open as many of the other ones you have as you can for EMH. Ellen's doesn't operate at night regardless. I don't see EMH at Epcot as much of a benefit for guests at this point.

I agree, the only use of EMH now is repeat riding Test Track.

Goofyernmost

My point was meant to be more along the lines of your #1 ride is down right now. Why on Earth are you going to not open as many of the other ones you have as you can for EMH. Ellen's doesn't operate at night regardless. I don't see EMH at Epcot as much of a benefit for guests at this point.
I've never seen EMH as a benefit at any give time. But, that may be just me.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Disney is obviously trying to compensate for the fact that Animal Kingdom will now be open an extra 4-5 hours longer than usual by reducing operating hours elsewhere.

You'd think additional PM food, beverage and merchandise revenue (+ the usual ticket price increases) would cover that, but I guess the accountants are terrified of any shrink in the margins.

Hours cut at AK too, Now closing before dark in the summer, So much for RoL...

farrellbarrel

I guess we are seeing the Shanghai cuts now...You would think MouseGears would stay open for last minute purchases when people leave through the front of the park...Guess not!

Jon81uk

I guess we are seeing the Shanghai cuts now...You would think MouseGears would stay open for last minute purchases when people leave through the front of the park...Guess not!

They are cutting hours at the START of the day at Mouse Gear. So the store opens an hour after park opening. I expect the store will be open at least an hour after closing time as that is much busier than opening time.

SirLink

Not when most of the merchandise is the same as that of the Emporium/WoD store. It would make sense to keep it open if a third of the merchandise was unique but it isn't.

Jon81uk

The article Steve posted states the MouseGear will no longer stay open after park close.
The article states
Mouse Gear currently operates from 8:45am to park close, but from Sunday, the new hours will be 1 hour after park opening to park close.

Therefore on typical morning Extra Magic Hour days, Mouse Gear will open at 9am, and on regular days, it will open at 10am.

So Mouse Gear currently operates to park close and will continue to operate until park close. Realistically this means the store is open after park closing time.

asianway

The article states

So Mouse Gear currently operates to park close and will continue to operate until park close. Realistically this means the store is open after park closing time.
That usually means they won't let you in once park is closed. Kind of like a party at MK. Which never made sense to turn away someone with an open wallet

Jon81uk

That usually means they won't let you in once park is closed. Kind of like a party at MK. Which never made sense to turn away someone with an open wallet

But the article on the News section of this site states it currently closes at park close and will close at park close. Therefore we can assume nothing is changing. I would be very surprised if they don't keep the store open after 9pm/9:30/10pm as the exodus is probably one of the busiest periods.

TaoBoxer

Honestly, I'm not going to miss any of the extra hours. Except maybe Living with the Land. But that's not as cool at night anyway.

This seems like cost cutting where they can due to attendance trends at these particular venues... People probably don't go shopping first thing, or ride Living with the Land at night so much. And Imagination, well...
Got to disagree, I love riding LWtL at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom