Habit Heroes Closed

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin,

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed all your videos, but especially these two. I've watched them over and over again. I never got to experience the original EPCOT Center or Communicore. Your videos are great service to the fans.

Cheers!
Thank you.

I got some funny looks in 2008 trying to reshoot video that matched what I'd shot in 1990. Some Innoventions CMs came and asked what exactly I was doing. We had a great chat.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I beg to differ... At least, for people my age. Teens/Young Adults. My group of 4 friends claimed that this was there favorite thing in Epcot that I took them to. Because they could design a thrill ride to fit their needs or whatever. They said something similar to that.

There is something pretty awesome about designing your own loops and turns and how "fast" a coaster will go. It is also a big thing to be said, that SUM of all thrills is only one of two attractions at WDW that goes upside down. Unless I'm mistaken and Rockin' doesnt go upside down, then it is the only one.

THIS the exploration element in the early days of EPCOT was what made it cool it was not about the specific exhibits but how you could interact with most of them.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I agree with what you are saying, but things don't seem to be seen that way. You can bet Disney has been trying for years to get any of the top tech firms to take a role in Epcot. None of them want to. The only companies still involved are somehow connected to some of the original sponsors, or are from a more traditional industry.

Apple, Microsoft, Google, Tesla and co are nowhere to be found.

One wonders whether Disney's incompetence with technology has anything to do with that, Websites that crash and can't handle design loads etc, When Apple, Microsoft, Google or Tesla's sites go down it's on the 6 o clock news, When Disney's sites go down it's 'Oh Disney's down again how long THIS time' and it's only noted on fan sites like this one.

Britrepeater

THIS the exploration element in the early days of EPCOT was what made it cool it was not about the specific exhibits but how you could interact with most of them.
I guess times do change we spent hours in the different pavilions in 1998. Couldn't wait to take the kids in 2008 a lot of the interactive stuff was still there but it seemed busier and queues everywhere.
Last year there seems very very little to do, and nothing new?

WendyGirl1979

(snip)
Not sure if you were using sarcasm, as you just described Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. That uses Kuka arms to take you through show scenes and projection domes with the arms on an omnimover track.
Can't speak for the OP, but I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to the Harry Potter stuff as not my thing. I thought it sounded like a good idea, now I guess it's proven as such?

Speaking of HP... did you guys notice they no longer are the sponsor for Mission:SPACE?
Saw the pic somewhere. You know what this means, Disney- I expect to see walls up by April at the latest!

michmousefan

I'd love to see them do something out of the box like create a theater for presentations like TED talks - four or five of them a day on engineering/energy/space topics. Such a theater wouldn't be that expensive, but as @marni1971 points out they don't seem to have a rudder in the water, budgetary or otherwise, that's steering Epcot anywhere right now (except perhaps to Arendelle). I understand a theater with science-based topics probably skews too close to the original education-edutainment theme that the Walmart crowd doesn't want to see. Still, I can dream.

Maerj

That blows! I did Habit Heroes with a few of my teenage buddies one time.. We goofed around and had a LOT of fun with it. Still, we were the only people in innoventions, outside of people waiting for Sum of all thrills.

Honestly, they should probably just close innoventions as a whole, and make the entire building themed to SUM of all thrills as its own attraction. With more robot arms, and an entire queue area. The only reason why lines aren't strikingly long for it is because hardly anyone knows it exists. Open it as its own attraction in Epcot, and it'll be known as Epcot's official 3rd open thrill ride in the park currently.

I'm just saying. It would work. Who doesn't want to design their own coaster?

This is probably the best idea right here!

Hinwill

We did this for the first time this past year. The kids loved it and the different games were fun. I was hoping it would be around the next time we went in order for the little one to participate. Oh well

JWG

I wonder how long of a deal was struck for Colortopia? The only two things left in there of interest are Colortopia and Sum of all Thrills (yes, there's a 3rd weather related thing). But Colortopia is pretty new. Innoventions has become such a waste. And Baymax must be a temporary fix because the walls to "hide" the rest of Innoventions over there are pretty bad. I'm going to assume there's a plan for this whole area that includes waiting out contracts with the final tenants. It makes me feel better to assume this isn't just another abandoned area of Epcot.

Kevin_W

We can go even further back with Communicore's Roller Coaster creator...
WDW051411-427.jpg

that is the one thing I remember from Comminicore as a child. thanks for posting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom