DVC Member Lounge Coming to Imagination!

KDM31091

Considering the alternative was a rotting shell of former exhibits for nearly the past 2 decades, I view this as an improvement. Is is spectacular or wonderful? No, but at least they're using the space for something which we all have been moaning for years about.

matt9112

WDW Radio just did a live FB cast from the press event.

overall, looks like a nice lounge. Capacity isn't huge so they said that there would give members a suggested time to come back....right.

They are claiming it will not be a hard DVC sell location, but I'm sure you'll be at least offered to speak to someone.

2 disney infinity units and a TV will be avail for kids.

Charging stations under the seats plus iPad Pro's to let you browse the web and of course DVC offerings.

3 Coke freestyle machine and coffee that is free

there are also some computers and printer there.

all the furniture is brand new and looks really fun and comfortable

and overall....great views of Future World from that space.

Honestly, as a DVC member, I would love to see this open past the celebration year. I think these are the types of perks that enhance membership and great hide aways inside the park to get off your feet for a few minutes. I would love to see more of them in other locations.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

One thing is that they mentioned 'Concierge Service' for members and glossed over 'helping you with dining reservations or fast passes". IDK but to me, the word "concierges" means that they are personal assistants and if I want an Ohana or some other hard to get reservation that night, they can make it for me.

However, with the way WDW makes you do all of this at 180 and 60, do they really mean what I feel the word means? I have a hard time believing that, esp with the new experiences at Epcot that will surely be golden FP's, I can't see them saying "Sure Mr DVC member, I can get you on Frozen Ever After...does 3pm work for you?" I think they need to be very specific to what this means and what the staff there can do.

I bring it up, b/c they mentioned it 3-4 times in the broadcast, but never put any idea of what they service truly is behind it.

maybe...just maybe they should make the park a legitimate place like it once was and provide great new experiences to all guests and not worry about lounges for the glorious few. sure i have no issue with DVC lounges but with so much wrong in that park....i literally cant even.....

matt9112

not everyone is a corporate sponsor either....but there are lounges for them too.

I get it, its a cool view, but again...no one was going up there (legally) before. It was once a great space, but aside from the view its just some couches and free soda. Its not like they restored all the cool old stuff and then said "OK, only DVC members can play"

I've never stayed in the Castle Suite, but it's not making me upset that its there.

Yes, i'm a DVC member. We are getting a little perk. I dig it. But there are a bunch of other DVC perks I can't do...like the Beach and MK parties, the member cruise b/c of time of year or cost.....and that's cool. It is what it is.

If it means that much to you, find a DVC member (go post on the DVC board) who will be there when you are and ask them to bring you up as a guest. Each member gets to take 5 at a time. Heck, if you are there in early August, you can be my guest.

And honestly....I doubt this stays open beyond the year. It is billed as an anniversary celebration item. Not a full time lounge.

meh your point is valid but god epcot is screaming for attractions not DVC lounges. if only decision makers got to go to EPCOT as a regular guest and not wisked around in sure they would quickly realize how broken it is....than again maybe they know but just dont care.

matt9112

We were able to go up to the lounge on the 2nd, I guess they were doing some soft launches. The lounge was very nice, but they hadn't quite figured out how to manage their drink station yet. The free fountain drinks and snacks were great and the overall experience was very nice. I loved the look of the lounge, the chairs were comfy, the AC cool and the iPad Pros a nice touch.

If you are a DVC member I highly recommend stopping by. It was sad to think that the space used to be used for more and a reminder that the pavillion needs so much work. But you can see a potential vision for what a modern future world would look like in their choices for the design.

so you think disneys vision to fix EPCOT is sonehow connected to a DVC lounge?

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
I'm sure it's been mentioned a million times but it would be awesome if APs had access to it as well or had a lounge of some sort. If capacity is an issue then just have it for Platinum and above levels.

note2001

I'm sure it's been mentioned a million times but it would be awesome if APs had access to it as well or had a lounge of some sort. If capacity is an issue then just have it for Platinum and above levels.
Or, just build a lounge for APs as they have in the past?

I think the lounge location should reflect the membership. There is nothing imaginative about DVC. I think a lounge over a pseudo bank or real estate office on Main Street, MK would be more appropriate, or perhaps over a candy shop ("I was suckered into buying direct")

For APHs, I think a lounge built in the parking lot with some grills on the back of pickups and a giant Gatorade container for drinks would be suitable ("Tail gating, I'm always here!")

I'm just kidding of course, I have nothing against the lounges. They're all temporary and at least here, I hope this is an indication that the next phase, whenever that comes along, for JII will not be to tear down the building and rebuild.

flyerjab

image.jpeg
Visiting the lounge as I type this post. They were shooting a promo.

Overall, the lounge was really nice.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It is sad though when this is what I am looking the most forward to visiting in Epcot.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Or, just build a lounge for APs as they have in the past?

I think the lounge location should reflect the membership. There is nothing imaginative about DVC. I think a lounge over a pseudo bank or real estate office on Main Street, MK would be more appropriate, or perhaps over a candy shop ("I was suckered into buying direct")

For APHs, I think a lounge built in the parking lot with some grills on the back of pickups and a giant Gatorade container for drinks would be suitable ("Tail gating, I'm always here!")

I'm just kidding of course, I have nothing against the lounges. They're all temporary and at least here, I hope this is an indication that the next phase, whenever that comes along, for JII will not be to tear down the building and rebuild.

Lol...I would totally be down for an AP tailgate haha I agree. Wasn't there a rumor floating around that JII was going to be eventually phased out?

note2001

This is really a new low for WDW.
Please explain.
Walt Disney created an exclusive club within Disneyland. This is not even a hint of a shadow of Club 33. It's a room with chairs and sodas. I see nothing to get upset about. Maybe that sick feeling in your stomach is something you ate.

Progress.City

Please explain.
Walt Disney created an exclusive club within Disneyland. This is not even a hint of a shadow of Club 33. It's a room with chairs and sodas. I see nothing to get upset about. Maybe that sick feeling in your stomach is something you ate.
Okay, settle for a cheap lounge in a former attraction that symbolized the glory days of Imagineering.

Last edited:

JWG

This is really a new low for WDW. How can you Disney apologetics defend this? It makes me sick to my stomach!
It's a temporary lounge in a space that would otherwise sit empty. We'd all trade this space for a true Imageworks. However, if it's this or vacant space, I'll take this. It doesn't take anything away from the daily guest and give s a bit of a perk to DVC members.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom