VIDEO - Symphony in the Stars A Galactic Spectacular firework debuts at Disney's Hollywood Studios

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Think they will be around for December with no Osborne Lights and Rogue 1 out?

Yes, for those who paid $212 to have access to the park from 5-midnight when lines are a bit shorter and rides are open (attendance is capped at 28,200). However, for the regular guests who are allowed to explore the architectural elegance of the Disney's Islands of Movie Adventures from 11:30AM-5PM at their leisure for the low price of $108.60 after the sunrise surcharge crowd has exited, videos of the event can be seen on the monitors in their room provided they are staying at a Deluxe resort or are in Building 7A of the Coronado Springs resort.

DarthMileZ

What the hell disney, im paying to go into a park in May that has barely any rides and no fire works. starting to take the tbh.

ToTBellHop

What the hell disney, im paying to go into a park in May that has barely any rides and no fire works. starting to take the **** tbh.
Switch to a night that has fireworks like we just did. Why make yourself angry on your vacation? I agree communication could be better, but at the end of the day, I'll switch things around to be happy. Already had two nights open due to the RoL fiasco.

cindy_k

That seems like an odd choice to not have the fireworks on what is essentially a holiday weekend.
Maybe they are replacing them with a 'Patriot' version?
Like MK fireworks on the fourth of July? or am I just being optimistic.

YodaMan

No Symphony In The Stars on Memorial Day? Darn. That was the day I was scheduled to visit the Studios.

I wouldn't panic quite yet. The schedule is done a month or two at time, but their "months" aren't the actual calendar months and are 4-week spans instead. The calendar has only been updated through Saturday, May 28th. The "June" dates (which would include May 29th, 30th, and 31st) will likely not be posted publicly until Friday May 13th when they do the next calendar update for Studios. But since there are Fireworks on Saturday, May 28th (and no other Saturday in May), it looks like they expect Studios to be crowded as-per-usual on Memorial Day Weekend and I'd expect fireworks every single night of that weekend.

FerretAfros

For what it's worth, the current 9:15 showtime works out great to catch the fireworks from Epcot, just after Illuminations wraps up. I was able to see pretty much the entire show from near the margarita stand in Mexico, but it seemed like it would be visible from roughly China to Canada
P1150040.JPG

P1150048.JPG

Obviously we didn't get the Star Wars music, but I really enjoyed getting to watch fireworks to the Tapestry of Nations soundtrack. It seemed like lots of other people were also stopping to enjoy the bonus show (and due to EMH, we were also able to catch parts of Wishes as we were exiting the park around 10pm). It's obviously not the best viewing conditions, but it's pretty cool to see the entire show from a different park

According to the WDW website, the 9:15 showtime is only through next week, when it will get pushed back to 9:45, so act soon if you want to catch this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom