VIDEO - Symphony in the Stars A Galactic Spectacular firework debuts at Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

If you sit on the far right side and take the alternate exit out, one should be able to rush to get out for 9:15 fireworks (if savvy enough).
Gotta be willing to push grannies out of the way, though. It's certainly not something I would bank on. A little bit of wind and they delay Fantasmic! by 10-15 minutes and you are out-of-luck. Pretty sure they purposely scheduled these shows so that it'd be one-or-the-other for the average guest.

YodaMan

Gotta be willing to push grannies out of the way, though. It's certainly not something I would bank on. A little bit of wind and they delay Fantasmic! by 10-15 minutes and you are out-of-luck. Pretty sure they purposely scheduled these shows so that it'd be one-or-the-other for the average guest.

It's only because of budget cuts and not wanting to keep the park open later. As it was before the cuts came down, Fantasmic was at 7 and fireworks were at 8 (and if there was a second Fantasmic, it was at 9). There was intentionally 1 hour between everything so any guest could go to any of the nighttime offerings.

GoGoJules

It's only because of budget cuts and not wanting to keep the park open later. As it was before the cuts came down, Fantasmic was at 7 and fireworks were at 8 (and if there was a second Fantasmic, it was at 9). There was intentionally 1 hour between everything so any guest could go to any of the nighttime offerings.
Poor Disney having to cut back due to budget restraints. hehe :rolleyes::p:confused:

This is our first trip to WDW and I want to do all the things!!!

JohnD

Poor Disney having to cut back due to budget restraints. hehe :rolleyes::p:confused:

This is our first trip to WDW and I want to do all the things!!!

Understood. One option, as already said, is to skip one or the other and do the one you prefer most. Another option is to sit on the far right, even if you have FP+ seating or dinner reservation seating to guarantee you don't have to wait in line. What you lose in having the best "50 yard line" view you make up for being one of the first out by the exit point. Then make a break for Hollywood Blvd. to see the fireworks.

yellowb

The show has been extended till the end of April. Why keep extending them and not just make them permanent? Talking about serious commitment issues.

FullSailDan

I've sat in the middle of the theater, around row 5 or 6 during a packed show and made it to the center of hollywood blvd with 5-10 minutes to spare before the fireworks several times. We didn't even cut across the bleachers, instead stood on the stairs waiting politely forever. (They really do need to fix the exit strategy for this place) Also note that my husband is disabled and can't walk quickly and isn't as agile in terms of dodging crowds anymore. It's not so bad.

In terms of the show, I love the ending pyro sequence (i can hear it every night from my living room!) but found the shows "story telling" to be rather lacking. It's star wars music with fireworks going off. Not fireworks choreographed to the music. Definitely a cheaper show to design, but the firework quality is really high. If they keep it long term, I hope they rework it a bit, shore up some of the choreo and maybe add some more visual elements(projections/lasers/tv's/SOMETHING) to build the tension and provide more cohesion between the music and pyro.

Goingdown13

Not so much. It had to do with getting people into the second fantasmic. previously second shows were an hour and a half after. This meant less than half an hour to get everyone into the second show by the time the first one emptied and the theatre was clean. Now they have nearly an hour to get everyone into the theatre. In the past fireworks have always been between fantasmic shows and everyone would rush in, 15 minutes prior to show start.

jrhwdw

The show has been extended till the end of April. Why keep extending them and not just make them permanent? Talking about serious commitment issues.
Let's remember that it was just supposed to be weekends Jan-March. So, every night and into April is already a gift. I would think it would go to at least May the 4th. After that, who knows? Will there be a Frozen Summer this year?????

Bolt

Let's remember that it was just supposed to be weekends Jan-March. So, every night and into April is already a gift. I would think it would go to at least May the 4th. After that, who knows? Will there be a Frozen Summer this year?????
Pretty sure that's dead.

Next Big Thing

Just out of curiosity as I have a DL trip coming up, does anyone know how long Season of the Force is running out there? Or is it open-ended?

Rteetz

Just out of curiosity as I have a DL trip coming up, does anyone know how long Season of the Force is running out there? Or is it open-ended?
It was just extended for the rest of the year I believe. Ghost galaxy will come back in September though as far as I've read.

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
Since it's "Awaken summer"" wouldn't you think it would be ready for May the fourth. I hope they at least play Symphony in the stars for the fourth.

UbIwerks

The May calendar is updated on MDE; the following nights do not have the fireworks scheduled:

May 3, 5, 7, 10, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, 24, 26, 29, 30, 31

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom