News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Disstevefan1

The ground lights have little to do with Disney and more to do with the light distributer. Clearly they sold Disney bad lights as led are not meant to die this fast.
I disagree. In my opinion, Disney should have done their proper research AND TESTING backstage before installing this on stage. THEY HAD FIVE YEARS TO TEST BACKSTAGE! The problem was they knew they took too long on this work and rushed the lighting into the ground to get finished with whatever they were trying to do.

This entire Future World transformation was a huge mistake and failure in my opinion. The only good thing is that the walls are down

KDM31091

I disagree. In my opinion, Disney should have done their proper research AND TESTING backstage before installing this on stage. THEY HAD FIVE YEARS TO TEST BACKSTAGE! The problem was they knew they took too long on this work and rushed the lighting into the ground to get finished with whatever they were trying to do.

This entire Future World transformation was a huge mistake and failure in my opinion. The only good thing is that the walls are down
It’s actually embarrassing how much of a failure it is given 5 years of construction.

We also lost several well themed spaces at least well themed in comparison to the stuff we have now. The older club cool, Electric Umbrella, Mouse Gear. Replaced with Starbucks and Target bland designs. It’s just such a shame.

J4546

It’s actually embarrassing how much of a failure it is given 5 years of construction.

We also lost several well themed spaces at least well themed in comparison to the stuff we have now. The older club cool, Electric Umbrella, Mouse Gear. Replaced with Starbucks and Target bland designs. It’s just such a shame.
I disagree about the stuff before, MG and EU was very dated and ugly imo. I much prefer the updated open air designed communicore

Cmdr_Crimson

And now rollercoasters with comic book characters.
They must like using that pavillion for comics..
$_12.JPG

Bocabear

I think the Electric Umbrella reimagining is far superior to the old EU...and the food is better and more varied now... and I like they reopened all the windos in the communicore building...a better reflection of the architectural intention... (Thank you John Hench). The rest seems to be bad afterthought and design by commitee...then revised by accounting. It is just not good.

Cmdr_Crimson

I think the Electric Umbrella reimagining is far superior to the old EU...and the food is better and more varied now... and I like they reopened all the windos in the communicore building...a better reflection of the architectural intention... (Thank you John Hench). The rest seems to be bad afterthought and design by commitee...then revised by accounting. It is just not good.
I do miss the upstairs area of EU. People watching while consuming food with the second best AC around..

Bocabear

The whole idea of renaming areas of a 40 year old well known and well loved park is just ridiculous anyway... Leave the names of the areas as they were.... World Celebration means absolutely nothing... Are they going to change Main Street at the Magic Kingdom into "Retail Possibilities Boulevard"... or whatever collection of trendy buzzworsd they committee comes up with? People loved EPCOT as it was...it just needed more attractions and an overall refresh...Yes! The central core needed more shade. The Communicore buildings needed to be reactivated with fresh attractions. Restoring the central hub back to it's original state with waterways and gardens would have been epic and gorgeous...just maybe some more larger trees for shade and benches... That is all we really needed... It probably would not have taken 5 years to do either, and Communicore Hall would have been in one of the beautifullly restored Communicore buildings... Such a waste of resources that could have funded more attractions and things that would have truly added to the overall enjoyment of the park.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Even if they were dated it felt like there was effort put into theme. The latest designs just feel cheap, lazy, and generic. To me. It’s okay to modernize things, but it can still have charm.
You at least knew where you were at and that was Epcot which is the best feeling. Your at a unique place environment unlike no where else even if few parts of it felt 80's. The Nostalgia of Epcot is how big of a deal thing it was since it's inception in the 80's. A place that is unique is a power thing.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Restoring the central hub back to it's original state with waterways and gardens would have been epic and gorgeous...just maybe some more larger trees for shade and benches...That is all we really needed...
I truly hope all this demolishing and the two story festival structure was not all to do with their rat race with Universal this time Epic Universe. If you just look at only the 2017 Concept Art, Disney wants to be the first to announce something Universal does only to fall behind (except Hollywood Studios existence 😉).

Bocabear

Kind of indicative when the DVC lounge at Imagination looks to be significantly more thought-out than Communicore Hall. I guess the priorities are to keep DVC folks happy while the rest of us are left with... another food stand and whatever merch racks they can roll out for the day.
I have been to smaller garden shows at the convention center that were better dressed than the Communiflex Hall is for it's debut. Is the park enhancement team all off on vacation before Fall decorations come out?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The whole idea of renaming areas of a 40 year old well known and well loved park is just ridiculous anyway... Leave the names of the areas as they were.... World Celebration means absolutely nothing... Are they going to change Main Street at the Magic Kingdom into "Retail Possibilities Boulevard"... or whatever collection of trendy buzzworsd they committee comes up with? People loved EPCOT as it was...it just needed more attractions and an overall refresh...Yes! The central core needed more shade. The Communicore buildings needed to be reactivated with fresh attractions. Restoring the central hub back to it's original state with waterways and gardens would have been epic and gorgeous...just maybe some more larger trees for shade and benches... That is all we really needed... It probably would not have taken 5 years to do either, and Communicore Hall would have been in one of the beautifullly restored Communicore buildings... Such a waste of resources that could have funded more attractions and things that would have truly added to the overall enjoyment of the park.

Agreed, or just make the front of the park something like "Discovery World"...the "neighborhoods" concept is still shaky and confusing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom