Pop Secret Popcorn to sponsor Fantasmic! as part of new strategic alliance with Diamond Foods Inc

dvitali

I know that Pop Century have outdoor movie nights, what other resorts have movie under the stars?
Also does this involve bag popcorn sold in the sweet shops and the movie theater in Disney Springs?

Tom

Beta Return
It's just seed....so nobody should be concerned. Popped corn almost exclusively uses coconut oil and a special butter-flavored salt (which you can buy yourself from any concession or popcorn company).

It's primarily the mix/quantity of ingredients that causes the varying tastes. I predict Disney will continue to use the same oil/salt combination, just with new seed.

Jon81uk

I know that Pop Century have outdoor movie nights, what other resorts have movie under the stars?
Also does this involve bag popcorn sold in the sweet shops and the movie theater in Disney Springs?
All resorts have movies each evening.

The cinema at Disney Springs is an AMC so will serve their popcorn.

GymLeaderPhil

Holding out hope that we get more of Toyko's flavored popcorn as a result.

Also, I think they should incorporate one of the Wishes/ROE launched shooting star firework shells when they announce the sponsor during the show. Then have a projection with the logo and, in place of fireworks falling down, popcorn kernels.

Disney give me money.

rodserling27

You obviously haven't been paying attention lately. Fantasmic's projectors got upgraded to digital back in June or July. The clarity of the imagery is fantastic. The riverboat was refurbished at the same time. From what I'm told they replaced quite a bit of the wood structure. Additionally knowing some cast from that area I know that they are going to be doing some work to the Dragon, however I don't know what yet. As for the water systems, they are pretty much top-of-the-line now, however they could use a fine-tuning. When the attraction goes dark in January/February for its annual referb I have to imagine that they will take care of some of the details stuff. There's also been a rumor floating around that the show is going to be changing a little bit but again I'm not sure how yet.. More on that when I get more details.
Hey I've ben paying loads of attention, bro! I actually don't think I've watched F! live in the park since the projectors got upgraded, so you got me there. They were looking pretty bad in March. The Riverboat is still a joke compared to the real deal in Disneyland and always will be, barring some massive upgrade turning it into the Mark Twain. The Dragon is still pitiful in every way. We need a full-blown AA Dragon like Disneyland. Nothing else will suffice for me!

NowInc

And I will bet no one will taste the difference (some will think they do just because they see a different name). Major movie theater chains use Pop Secret, some use Orville...but in the end...its a kernel. The use of coconut oil is a constant as well (used because its a louder pop....seriously)..the blending of that oil and whatever seasonings (butter..salt..etc) they use is what gives the flavor. As long as that isn't changed...then there is no reason to panic.

Next Big Thing

This isn't even the addition of a new sponsor. Just swapping out one for another.
Just shows you people how bad some people want to make a fuss about "sponsorships" when they don't even realize that one was already in place. The Churro's are branded too. Coke is probably the most heavily advertised "brand" in the entire resort, yet you don't hear anyone complain about that. As a matter of fact, people would probably complain if Coca-Cola took away their free soda at Epcot (ironically)...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom