New Destinations coming to Star Tours

Phroobar

Has anyone confirmed the number of combinations yet?
Ultimately the ride will have 96 different combinations:
2 opening scenes
4 first destinations (including Jakku)
4 transmissions (including BB-8)
3 second destinations

Well, there seems to be two alternate versions of the opening scenes. The opening Vader scene can have Boba Fett or not. We know that Naboo has two middle parts (miss JarJar or hit him) and two ending parts (broken view port or paint splatter). Corescant has two endings (parked star speeders or parked Falcon). I haven't heard of a change to Vader/Death Star ending. So far we have....

3 opening scenes
4 first destinations
4 transmissions
7 different scenes

WDWscope

All Star Speeder 1000s are equipped with a Flux Capacitor.
IMG_5089c-650x433.jpg

I guess Doc Brown had to start working for Star Tours after Krusty foreclosed on the Institute of Future Technology.

RSoxNo1

Well, there seems to be two alternate versions of the opening scenes. The opening Vader scene can have Boba Fett or not. We know that Naboo has two middle parts (miss JarJar or hit him) and two ending parts (broken view port or paint splatter). Corescant has two endings (parked star speeders or parked Falcon). I haven't heard of a change to Vader/Death Star ending. So far we have....

3 opening scenes
4 first destinations
4 transmissions
7 different scenes
Do the Naboo scenes happen in conjunction with one another? Meaning is miss Jar Jar paired with the broken view port or is it either or? If that's the case there's four different Naboo possibilities.

Phroobar

Do the Naboo scenes happen in conjunction with one another? Meaning is miss Jar Jar paired with the broken view port or is it either or? If that's the case there's four different Naboo possibilities.

From what I hear they are two separate parts.

RSoxNo1

From what I hear they are two separate parts.
Alright, trying to piece this together.
Opening sequence - 3 variations
First Destination - 4 locations with 4 variations within each location
Transmission - 4 variations
Second Destination - 3 locations with 4 variations within each location

Is this correct? That puts the count at 2304 different combinations.

RebeccaMcK

If you want to go the 17th go as early as possible. DHS is closing at 4 PM that night and if word is already out about the soft opening then the line will get long fast and they may cap it at points during the afternoon.

Sorry, editing now - it posted before I typed my reply, lol. I'm late in replying, but thanks - I was in WDW from Friday until yesterday (came home to Colorado last night) and I knew of Tuesday's early closing time for DHS already. I went straight from Epcot on Monday over to DHS and had a 15 minute wait for Star Tours around 4 pm....got to see the new scene, something with BB8 and another new movie character anyway (that time it was interspersed with the Darth Vader ride scene). Lots of spaceship action, fun. Got to see the same new scene again (but mixed into a Boba Fett-featured scene this time) on Tuesday when I rode with a 10-minute wait. I was only at DHS Monday from 4 - 7:30 pm and then again Tuesday from 8 am (Sci Fi breakfast is very good) until about 2 pm and did a lot. Visited the Osborne Lights for my final time while there on Monday....had to fit that in, too. <sniff>

Last edited:

*Q*

Alright, trying to piece this together.
Opening sequence - 3 variations
First Destination - 4 locations with 4 variations within each location
Transmission - 4 variations
Second Destination - 3 locations with 4 variations within each location

Is this correct? That puts the count at 2304 different combinations.

Not quite, this is what I'm aware of so far:

Opening sequence
1) Stormtroopers and Millennium Falcon
2) Darth Vader
3) Darth Vader and Boba Fett

First Destination
1) Jakku
2) Kashyyyk
3) Hoth
4) Tatooine

Transmission
1) BB-8
2) Princess Leia
3) Admiral Ackbar
4) Yoda

Second Destination
1) Geonosis/Death Star
-Coruscant
2) StarSpeeder
3) Millennium Falcon
-Naboo
4) Broken viewport
5) Jar-Jar on viewport
6) Paint on viewport

I kind of wonder if they added variations to the first destination planets, too, that will be revealed once they start randomizing that sequence again.

That Guy

Opening sequence
2) Darth Vader

First Destination
1) Jakku
2) Kashyyyk
3) Hoth
4) Tatooine

Transmission
1) BB-8
2) Princess Leia
3) Admiral Ackbar
4) Yoda

Second Destination
1) Geonosis/Death Star
-Coruscant
2) StarSpeeder
3) Millennium Falcon
-Naboo
4) Broken viewport
5) Jar-Jar on viewport
6) Paint on viewport

I kind of wonder if they added variations to the first destination planets, too, that will be revealed once they start randomizing that sequence again.

I'd like to think yes! I wonder what/where they could modify scenes in Hoth, Tatooine, and Kashyyyk?

Maybe a quick view of a Wampa as you slide down the hill on Hoth, Crashing through a pit droid at the finish line at Tatooine, and Luke or Leia showing up on a speeder bike on Kashyyyk.

Eckert

I'd like to think yes! I wonder what/where they could modify scenes in Hoth, Tatooine, and Kashyyyk?

Maybe a quick view of a Wampa as you slide down the hill on Hoth, Crashing through a pit droid at the finish line at Tatooine, and Luke or Leia showing up on a speeder bike on Kashyyyk.

A little tough considering Kashyyk isn't Endor!

I could imagine for Hoth we could see Luke, with lightsaber in hand, rappelling up and destroying the AT-AT that crashes in front of us.

dreamscometrue

Opening sequence
2) Darth Vader

First Destination
1) Jakku
2) Kashyyyk
3) Hoth
4) Tatooine

Transmission
1) BB-8
2) Princess Leia
3) Admiral Ackbar
4) Yoda

Second Destination
1) Geonosis/Death Star
-Coruscant
2) StarSpeeder
3) Millennium Falcon
-Naboo
4) Broken viewport
5) Jar-Jar on viewport
6) Paint on viewport

Nice...3 x 4 x 4 x 6 = 288 ways (using the fundamental counting principle-for math geeks lol)

FigmentJedi

Naah, the alternate Kashyyyk scene needs to be a Life Day celebration
latest

wookiees.jpg

That Guy

A little tough considering Kashyyk isn't Endor!

I could imagine for Hoth we could see Luke, with lightsaber in hand, rappelling up and destroying the AT-AT that crashes in front of us.

I'm just going on what is already on the ride, Imperial speeder bikes. It would be cool to see one of the heroes zoom by for a few seconds and take out a trooper. If Boba Fett can set off sonic bombs outside the Death Star, Luke or Leia should be able to travel to Kashyyyk. I don't think of it as a ride into the movies, more like a trip into the Star Wars Universe. It makes all the things that could not happen because of a timeline easier to handle.

Jones14

I got a chance to ride five times over the course of this weekend. The Jakku sequence is very, very well done, and the scene enhancements are seamless. That said, the queue on the Fastpass side is getting beat to pieces in the hallway with the elevators, so hopefully they'll get in there soon and give the walls some work. Do we have any idea when the attraction goes back to being totally randomized?

WhatJaneSays

I got a chance to ride five times over the course of this weekend. The Jakku sequence is very, very well done, and the scene enhancements are seamless. That said, the queue on the Fastpass side is getting beat to pieces in the hallway with the elevators, so hopefully they'll get in there soon and give the walls some work. Do we have any idea when the attraction goes back to being totally randomized?
I'm thinking it won't go back to random until early February.

michael.fumc

I really miss the randomized ride, our trip in April, and last week we saw the same show everytime. The best part of this ride was that it was differnet every time, we use to ride it several times in a day, Jakku is awesome but they need start to randomizing it again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom