Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

mickEblu

Oh good. I'm glad I wasn't just me that prefers the California screamin version over this incredibles version which is really not incredible at all.

I prefer CA Screamin. I think most people around here do. I just don’t “mourn” Screamin the same way I do TOT or Splash. You could play the Screamin music on headphones while riding Incredicoaster and pretty much have the same experience.

mickEblu

I think TSL is much more cohesive and better than Pixar piers hodgepodge of random films. Slinky might not be as exciting but atleast it has an AA unlike Incredicoaster

Haven’t been but it looks like TSL is more cohesive and better thematically. Aesthetically I think Pixar Pier wins because of the vista with the bay and lights at night. The kinetic energy at Pixar Pier is great too.

pdude81

I think TSL is much more cohesive and better than Pixar piers hodgepodge of random films. Slinky might not be as exciting but atleast it has an AA unlike Incredicoaster

Haven’t been but it looks like TSL is more cohesive and better thematically. Aesthetically I think Pixar Pier wins because of the vista with the bay and lights at night. The kinetic energy at Pixar Pier is great too.

I think any personal take here makes sense. TSL to me is more cohesive, but I don't see a problem at all with Pixar pier as it's basically a shore town boardwalk... which is by definition a hodgepodge.

Pixar Pier is more visually impressive and interesting, but less "themed" IMO. But I enjoy both.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Okay for one, the atmosphere of Pixar Pier is easily one of the best of any theme park land at night.

IMG_8919.jpeg

And remember, arguably the best night show anywhere is also here.

IMG_8921.jpeg

It’s similarly a land with a coaster, Toy Story Mania (DCA’s has far shorter lines so it wins), flat rides (with DCA obviously trouncing it), and a similar IP theme with very different execution, scope and design.

Pixar Pier easily wins in a head to head, however, with the food and merchandise options additionally being plentiful. The Pier’s coaster is also vastly superior in both length and thrill level and the theming on each of them is comparable. There are also many components to explore throughout the land.

IMG_8917.jpeg

Oh, and of course a meal at Lamplight Lounge’s outdoor seating over the water is preferred. There’s just something special about watching the coaster trains launch across the water while eating with a slight breeze and low humidity. The land’s other food options are also great including quick service.

IMG_8916.jpeg

I personally think Pixar Pier is better than Paradise Pier outside of it diminishing the park’s theme as a whole as it beautified and romanticized much of the land. But regardless, there’s no contest between Toy Story Land and Pixar Pier/Paradise Pier as for which is the better land to hangout in.

TSL is much better than its counterparts in Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Paris, but it’s still a filler land by nature and the land opening without a single shop is all you need to know about its issues, but the lack of shade and really things to do in general means it’s pretty much a single path to Galaxy’s Edge. Pixar Pier would deceiving seem like that from the nature of it being a boardwalk but it doesn’t feel that way at all because there are many things to do and they’re done well in relation to the park.

IMG_8924.jpeg

Last edited:

J4546

Okay for one, the atmosphere of Pixar Pier is easily one of the best of any theme park land at night.

View attachment 767527

And remember, arguably the best night show anywhere is also here.

View attachment 767528

It’s similarly a land with a coaster, Toy Story Mania (DCA’s has far shorter lines so it wins), flat rides (with DCA obviously trouncing it), and a similar IP theme with very different execution, scope and design.

Pixar Pier easily wins in a head to head, however, with the food and merchandise options additionally being plentiful. The Pier’s coaster is also vastly superior in both length and thrill level and the theming on each of them is comparable. There are also many components to explore throughout the land.

View attachment 767526

Oh, and of course a meal at Lamplight Lounge’s outdoor seating over the water is preferred. There’s just something special about watching the coaster trains launch across the water while eating with a slight breeze and low humidity. The land’s other food options are also great including quick service.

View attachment 767525

I personally think Pixar Pier is better than Paradise Pier outside of it diminishing the park’s theme as a whole as it beautified and romanticized much of the land. But regardless, there’s no contest between Toy Story Land and Pixar Pier/Paradise Pier as for which is the better land to hangout in.

TSL is much better than its counterparts in Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Paris, but it’s still a filler land by nature and the land opening without a single shop is all you need to know about its issues, but the lack of shade and really things to do in general means it’s pretty much a single path to Galaxy’s Edge. Pixar Pier would deceiving seem like that from the nature of it being a boardwalk but it doesn’t feel that way at all because there are many things to do and they’re done well in relation to the park.
i agree with this. Pixar Pier is legit imo and DHS would probably have been netter with a modified PP instead of the TSL that they got instead

Bocabear

TSL was supposed to have more, but it went under the knife during construction...maybe it would have been a better addition...I know if Alien Swirling Saucers had been built indoors with a true Outer Space setting and included an attached Pizza Planet overlooking the ride, it would have been So-o much better...add a few of the flat rides they have designed for other TSL incarnations around the world and it just might be an engaging land...

Last edited:

Purduevian

Well they couldn't call it Marvel land nor had all the major characters.... so no don't think that would have worked
If we are imagineering, I always thought they could make a decent super hero city area with different minilands like Fantasyland. Make it a city like environment and have areas dedicated to the Incredibles, Big Hero six, Guardians, Dr. Strange, possibly additions could be Wakanda and Buzz Lightyear (from the tv show). Obviously people would ask where Iron man was... but it could still make a good land.

ppete1975

View attachment 767527
What a beautiful photo.

Nothing like the parks at night, you really dont even have to do anything just look around and enjoy. I think tomorrowland is a hodgepodge of stuff and doesnt look great in the daytime, but at night especially from above either people mover or astro orbitor is STUNNING.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If we are imagineering, I always thought they could make a decent super hero city area with different minilands like Fantasyland. Make it a city like environment and have areas dedicated to the Incredibles, Big Hero six, Guardians, Dr. Strange, possibly additions could be Wakanda and Buzz Lightyear (from the tv show). Obviously people would ask where Iron man was... but it could still make a good land.
Tower of Terror to Doctor Strange. Almost no changes except the story from Twilight Zone ghosts to being trapped in the Astral Plane.

RnRC to Incredicoaster.

Theater of the Stars to GotG Awesome Mix Tape.

Add in a Baymax ride using FoP tech, and a Super Kitties Disney Jr. flat ride.

In TSL, continuing past the new restaurant, raze the back of house and add in more TSL rides: RC Racers, Army Men parachute drop tower, Critter Carousel, etc...

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Tower of Terror to Doctor Strange. Almost no changes except the story from Twilight Zone ghosts to being trapped in the Astral Plane.

RnRC to Incredicoaster.

Theater of the Stars to GotG Awesome Mix Tape.

Add in a Baymax ride using FoP tech, and a Super Kitties Disney Jr. flat ride.

In TSL, continuing past the new restaurant, raze the back of house and add in more TSL rides: RC Racers, Army Men parachute drop tower, Critter Carousel, etc...
↑ This.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
“Are penguins endangered? Because I will send all of my armies of Knocknasheega Little People to make them so if Disney so much as touches the OG Tower of Terror, especially that fiend who deigns to call himself MISTER.” - King Brian of Knocknasheega, directly stated to imagineer97

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom