Melissa Valiquette named Epcot VP as Sam Lau moves to a new role in Asia

dreamscometrue

I have no idea how much power and influence people in a position like this actually hold. Do they have any say in day to day park ops and maintenance, or just sit in an office looking at reports? Is this significant in any way?

ToTBellHop

I suppose it's nice that she started out at the front lines. But, with the attrition rate of park VPs, she'll be gone in 2016 with nary a change in the park (besides Frozen, which she has no role in). Maybe she can get rid of the lumberjacks. That's about the extent of a VP's sway.

ToTBellHop

And the revolving door continues.

How is it that Disney seems to replace their Epcot VPs like bedsheets, while Phil Holmes has been at MK messing up refurbishments for what feels like decades?

(I know it hasn't been decades, but still…)
Seriously. Isn't it time for him to move on and go manage Aulani?

ToTBellHop

Why is she in front of Cinderella Castle in the picture? Shouldn't she be in front of The Seas with Nemo and Friends or an A&E topiary? Has she forgotten the way to Epcot over the last 20 years? Or maybe she doesn't recognize the look of the place.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Why is she in front of Cinderella Castle in the picture? Shouldn't she be in front of The Seas with Nemo and Friends or an A&E topiary? Has she forgotten the way to Epcot over the last 20 years? Or maybe she doesn't recognize the look of the place.
It was the only photo I had to accompany the article. I don't think Disney has done any kind of announcement.

PhotoDave219

Its the only photo out there of her. Its from a Disney Parks Blog article accompanying a "where are they now" in regards to former Disney Ambassadors.

Cmdr_Crimson

I think it went down like this....

"Can you handle running a Theme park that was a failing city, lost the majority of sponsership, Ruining the aspect of the park by shoehorning the Disney Characters into anything now including areas they should never be in, have pavilions closed and rot in the Floridian sun, and take care of place that has more vacant land for more rides and attractions than any Walt Disney Theme Park in the world?"

"Uh.......Yes?"

"Good...You got the job...."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom