Possible New WDW Roads

WhatJaneSays

Ideally (for me) they would do away with both existing the DHS entrances and build this proposed one off Victory. The entrance off World Drive is probably the most inconvenient entrance of all time. If you’re driving from elsewhere on property and need to use that entrance: forget it. The only way to “fix it” is putting the World Drive entrance a mile closer to the gate and put a feed off Osceola.

I do hope they punch a proper road in from 545 to the Flamingo/Western intersection. Hartzog is x10 better than it was 2 years ago but the people driving it make it a danger more often than not.

COProgressFan

Ideally (for me) they would do away with both existing the DHS entrances and build this proposed one off Victory. The entrance off World Drive is probably the most inconvenient entrance of all time. If you’re driving from elsewhere on property and need to use that entrance: forget it. The only way to “fix it” is putting the World Drive entrance a mile closer to the gate and put a feed off Osceola..

I agree with the bolded part. If you're coming from 99% of the on property locations, you can't get to Studios via the World Drive Entrance. I don't think they foresaw that a substantial amount of their traffic was going to come in off BVD.

DHoy

The third and probably most interesting could be the long speculated new entrance to DHS.

cL4RhRN.jpg

[Edit]: The third one could be a new entrance, but it also could just be an access road.

The photo and boring looks possibly like a new exit. Noticing the boring on the south/east side of Osceola/victory way intersect, i think this exit potentially could become an underpass that flows south underneath Osceola then east underneath the WWOS entrance merging with Osceola parkway heading East.

A very important distinction between DHS and the other parks is that the current exit is impeded by traffic light whereas no other exit is.

Additionally it could be a flyover as well but IMO and underpass would be better for show

JWG

I agree with the bolded part. If you're coming from 99% of the on property locations, you can't get to Studios via the World Drive Entrance. I don't think they foresaw that a substantial amount of their traffic was going to come in off BVD.
This. 100%. That entrance is worthless to on site guests. Maybe that's what they want. Drive bus traffic.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ideally (for me) they would do away with both existing the DHS entrances and build this proposed one off Victory. The entrance off World Drive is probably the most inconvenient entrance of all time.
Last I heard the Victory proposal was exit only.

World Drive gate was to have its access reconfigured to be easier to use from the north.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anyone have a clue how long this will take? How soon would you expect to see construction of new roads at the Studios?

This is still a ways off. These permits aren't even for the construction of the roads, just test holes to assess the soil conditions. At the very least it will be a few months to get this permit approved, get the work done and then evaluate the results. Once that happens they can complete the design and engineering and then they would have to submit more permits for the actual work. I would guess that we are looking at a year at the very least before this would start. This is all assuming that they decide to build these at all.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
These are just test holes, to see if it's suitable for actually building a road. (Right @Master Yoda ?)

So a long ways off.
That is what it looks like, but I would assume that it is a study of what it will take to build a road vs is one possible. I think it is safe to say that the road is a foregone conclusion unless something extraordinary is found. At most, I think we see the path might deviate a bit from what the survey shows.

CDavid

A new grade separated exit onto Victory Way could be on the table. DHS is the only park with traffic signals at its exit and the ensuing chaos.

The problem with exiting onto Victory Way is that you are still facing traffic lights, and the resulting backups, either turning off Victory at Osceola or Buena Vista Drive. Seems like it would be better to exit directly onto Osceola; Westbound to World Drive then U.S. 192 is traffic signal free.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
This is still a ways off. These permits aren't even for the construction of the roads, just test holes to assess the soil conditions. At the very least it will be a few months to get this permit approved, get the work done and then ***** the results.
I am assuming you are missing an "s" from assess, and thereby got bleeped. :hilarious:

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Question, I live in PA and the long and the short of it is if you want to do anything Road related you have to get approval from Penn Dot. It dose not matter if it is township, county, or state Penn Dot will have their hands in it. Basically if the public will use it Penn Dot has approved it. This can cause miles or red tape and piles of paperwork not to mention the approval process, site surveys, and other approvals that one has to get done before you can build a road and that is before you have the DEP get involved! My question is dose Disney have to deal with anything like this in FL. Who would "own" these roads Reedy Creek or are they considered private roads owned by Disney? My thought process being if FL Dot dose not have to be involved Diseny could build these roads relatively quickly, if they wanted to. I'm just curious as to the process in FL and who owns the roads on property. Also who amuses the responsibility for maintenance if you know thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom