Disney's Animal Kingdom to test access to The Oasis before park opening

polynesiangirl

Interesting.

On a related note, this is somewhat flame-worthy: I didn't even know there was a rope drop at MK -- at the train station or otherwise -- until, like...4 years ago when I took my own kid. I have been visiting since 1987 and apparently we never had our acts together enough to get there right when the parks first opened in the morning. I guess my parents are really not morning people, hahaha.

toasty

Thanks for the update Steve! This is a great idea only for the fact that people might actually enjoy and learn something in this beautiful area instead of running through and ignoring everything to the left and right.

Totally agree with this. The Oasis is a beautiful area, but I have to confess that I have to consciously fight the temptation to rush through it when I enter the park -- and then on my way out, I'm generally eager to just get back to the resort and not inclined to hang out and look at the details, animal habitats, etc. Perfect way to give people an easy opportunity to explore this under-appreciated part of the park.

Great idea, hope the test goes well!

drew81

how many exhibits are empty in the Oasis right now?

I believe the Anteater habitat and the one on the right as you first come in(nearest to the backstage gate). I think they had some birds or fish in there at one point.

As far as I know everything else has something. The Cavy, Muntjac, Rhino Iguana, Babirusa, Wallabies, Waterfowl and Spoonbills are all full, at least I think they are.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Stock up on the animals in the zoo (yeah, I'm calling it what it is), and I really like the idea. Sure, most people will just rush to the rope, but at least folks'll have the option of enjoying the area.

righttrack

I think the current welcome show with the train has been in place since around 2003, someone can correct me.

That sounds about right. Coincides with our trips and experience.

I like the sentiment evoked in the train show, but I liked that you can have the rope drop to the lands and have more intimate and unique experiences the way it used to be. The CMs who handled that aspect were so on point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom