Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil12

I'm a little confused... You complain that Rock 'n' Roller Coaster doesn't fit in with the 1930s Hollywood theme (which, admittedly, it doesn't), but you're perfectly fine with a land based on 1930s Hollywood featuring a GODZILLA attraction?
It's interesting that you came to that conclusion. And I'm not complaining at all that Rockin' Roller Coaster doesn't fit into the theme. I applaud it. Others have insisted that ToT must conform to the theme of Sunset Blvd. (i.e. 1930's Hollywood) yet neither Beauty and the Beast nor Rockin' Roller Coaster have that limitation. You see, that's a limitation that has been imposed not by Disney, but rather by certain fans. In essence the theme of ToT can be based upon anything and work just fine. Talented writers and artists make the attraction work.

Phil12

Uhmm.. no. I didn't pick any theme.. the topic was ToT - not any attraction in the park.
You most certainly did to wit:
The attraction still makes sense even under the Hollywood of the 30s setting and theme of Sunset Blvd. It doesn't need the MGM banner to fit.. because that part of the park was never about the studio or 'making movies' but instead was a celebration of hollywood.
Because... it wasn't the discussion.
No, because it directly contradicts your assertion that it "still makes sense even under the Hollywood of the 30s setting and theme of Sunset Blvd."

The bottom line is that none of the attractions on Sunset Blvd. are necessarily reliant upon and must conform to a 1930's Hollywood theme. The theme is purely incidental and can be changed easily.

And let me add that the same sort of worry about Frozen in the WS is needless as well. Frozen works fine in the old Norway pavilion. I think it will be better than the original attraction and certainly more popular.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
The bottom line is that none of the attractions on Sunset Blvd. are necessarily reliant upon and must conform to a 1930's Hollywood theme. The theme is purely incidental and can be changed easily.
Please do tell how a 199 ft tall structure that acts as not only an icon of the park, but a critical part of the 1930s Hollywood aesthetic and story of Sunset Blvd...is incidental.

csm

Oh good! I've come back in hopes that things would have settled back into on topic conversation as - you know - the forum rules clearly dictate (thanks a million to the user who pasted that text, btw!) and am very happy to see where not talking about the Tower of Terror in the Frozen ride thread anymore.

Now we're talking about Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

Who was it that said the mods do an excellent job here? Because really I want to shake your hand.

Phil12

Please do tell how a 199 ft tall structure that acts as not only an icon of the park, but a critical part of the 1930s Hollywood aesthetic and story of Sunset Blvd...is incidental.
Because it could be themed to Tokyo as well. See the Godzilla explanation for details. It might even benefit from a Mothra treatment as well. But let's let the writers take care of all that. And don't worry, we'll still keep the Morocco look on the side facing EPCOT.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Because it could be themed to Tokyo as well. See the Godzilla explanation for details.
I already did and I believe your logic was proven wrong with this..
Not sure why you think using DisneySea proves your point about IP. The ToT there uses even 'less' IP than the WDW one does, as it isn't centered around the Twlight Zone but some random generic story about an explorer bringing home a cursed object*

The only lesson to be learned from Japan in this case is: no IP is fine too

*unless it changed since I went there
Tokyo has no IP...just a story. If you're all for that, then problem solved. The IP of Twilight Zone has very little effect on the quality of overall storytelling of ToT, but blends in nicely.

Guardians of the Galaxy however - has nothing to do with a haunted hotel or elevator ride. I'm hard pressed to find a worse IP to choose than something with a tree and a talking raccoon in another galaxy.

spacemt354

Chili's
Oh good! I've come back in hopes that things would have settled back into on topic conversation as - you know - the forum rules clearly dictate (thanks a million to the user who pasted that text, btw!) and am very happy to see where not talking about the Tower of Terror in the Frozen ride thread anymore.

Who was it that said the mods do an excellent job here? Because really I want to shake your hand.
Oh that was me! Because they do.

If you have an issue with how this place is run...you know you don't have to be here, right? :confused:

Frozen - is there anything Elsa to talk about or are we Anna break?

Kate F

Because it could be themed to Tokyo as well. See the Godzilla explanation for details. It might even benefit from a Mothra treatment as well. But let's let the writers take care of all that. And don't worry, we'll still keep the Morocco look on the side facing EPCOT.
image.jpeg

csm

Oh that was me! Because they do.

If you have an issue with how this place is run...you know you don't have to be here, right? :confused:

Frozen - is there anything Elsa to talk about or are we Anna break?

Always a fan of the "You're welcome to leave." justification that defensive folks quickly jump to.

Here's the thing - the thread does not need to have daily posts when there's not progress going on -- and frankly, it SHOULDN'T. There's a gazillion other active threads on this site that any of these other conversations could be completely appropriate to take place in. This thread applies to none of that. And do what you will with your "If you don't like it, then just leave! MERICA!" juvenile logic, but at this point in a major project, a thread like this should be waiting to have conversation of "walls pushed back," "walls taken down," "soft opening watch," etc. Any one of those topics? Totally useful to find when I click on the Frozen ride thread. Any of the topics currently happening? Totally inappropriate for this thread.

Bottom line - this one is *not* a matter of opinion. If you disagree with my position, you are simply wrong. The rules of the forum (and common sense rules of any given discussion forum) could not be more clear. Posts should stay on topic. Disagreeing with me, frankly and I do not mean this to be hurtful, but recognize that being blunt sometimes has that effect regardless - means you are either blind to the truth, not willing to accept that truth or intentionally denying that truth in order to justify your own agenda. I get it. You want to paint me as "the villain" because I've called into question the quality of your holy moderators. This is a very simple yes or no question in which no one is entitled to a matter of opinion, because again, simply and honestly put it is black and white fact: Is talking about Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster or anything other than the Frozen ride in the specifically labeled Frozen ride thread on topic?

No.

Are there multiple pages of completely off topic chatter in the Frozen ride thread?

Yes.

Is, among other things, a prime responsibility of a discussion forum moderator to keep discussions on topic?

Yes.

Are the moderators here doing that?

No.

Vis-à-vis are the moderators here doing a good job?

No.

See how easy that was? And it's not about hurting feelings. You can be a great person and be terrible at your job. Sometimes, it's more a matter of you don't even realize that you're not doing a good job. I'm a big believer of people need a chance to improve before you can truly hold them accountable for not improving. Without the feedback, you simply cannot reasonably expect them to do so. But what I'm not going to do is pretend that the literal plague that spreads across virtually every post on this forum (at least every post I've ever clicked, which is typically just around when something new is going to open) does not exist or is how the site is intended to be. I'm not going to sugar coat things. My motivation is not to hurt the moderators feelings - but frankly if their feelings are hurt then maybe they should take a step back and think about why. Clearly this problem is not a new one. Though my profile lists 2006, which, mind you on its own is a decade as a member of this site - I've actually been here since the start under a different user name before switching to this one ten years ago. This is not a new issue - but it has become a significantly worse issue than it was.

So Space Mountain Guy - want me to be your villain? Vilify me. My feelings could not possibly be less hurt in a situation like this one where my side of the fence is clearly correct and your side is clearly incorrect. There's no justification here. The moderators are wrong for allowing it to happen. You are wrong for enabling / supporting its continued happenings.

But here's what it boils down to -- I will continue to check the Frozen ride thread as the clear time for soft openings draws nearer, and I will continue to call out the off topic posts which are blatantly wasting my limited available time on this forum along the way. The moderators can either block me for requesting the forum follow its own clearly stated rules since day one - and thus prove I'm correct that they just don't care about the quality experience this once paramount site currently provides, or finally elect to do their jobs and ensure everyone on this forum is held to the same - fair - and proper standards -- and hopefully, and I really truly hope for this, prove me wrong and show they have the moxie to get things back to what it once was, always should have stayed and can easily become again.

And as for you, Space Mountain Guy - you clearly intend to remain part of the problem - and as such I want to tell you with respect that I'm now setting you to ignore. I will not continue to bicker with you and take things even further off topic. The situation needed to be addressed - and that's what I did. Please take it as the eye-opening reality of the state of the forum that it should be and be part of the solution moving forward - no longer part of the problem.

spacemt354

Chili's
Always a fan of the "You're welcome to leave." justification that defensive folks quickly jump to.

Here's the thing - the thread does not need to have daily posts when there's not progress going on -- and frankly, it SHOULDN'T. There's a gazillion other active threads on this site that any of these other conversations could be completely appropriate to take place in. This thread applies to none of that. And do what you will with your "If you don't like it, then just leave! MERICA!" juvenile logic, but at this point in a major project, a thread like this should be waiting to have conversation of "walls pushed back," "walls taken down," "soft opening watch," etc. Any one of those topics? Totally useful to find when I click on the Frozen ride thread. Any of the topics currently happening? Totally inappropriate for this thread.

Bottom line - this one is *not* a matter of opinion. If you disagree with my position, you are simply wrong. The rules of the forum (and common sense rules of any given discussion forum) could not be more clear. Posts should stay on topic. Disagreeing with me, frankly and I do not mean this to be hurtful, but recognize that being blunt sometimes has that effect regardless - means you are either blind to the truth, not willing to accept that truth or intentionally denying that truth in order to justify your own agenda. I get it. You want to paint me as "the villain" because I've called into question the quality of your holy moderators. This is a very simple yes or no question in which no one is entitled to a matter of opinion, because again, simply and honestly put it is black and white fact: Is talking about Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster or anything other than the Frozen ride in the specifically labeled Frozen ride thread on topic?

No.

Are there multiple pages of completely off topic chatter in the Frozen ride thread?

Yes.

Is, among other things, a prime responsibility of a discussion forum moderator to keep discussions on topic?

Yes.

No.

No.

See how easy that was? And it's not about hurting feelings. You can be a great person and be terrible at your job. Sometimes, it's more a matter of you don't even realize that you're not doing a good job. I'm a big believer of people need a chance to improve before you can truly hold them accountable for not improving. Without the feedback, you simply cannot reasonably expect them to do so. But what I'm not going to do is pretend that the literal plague that spreads across virtually every post on this forum (at least every post I've ever clicked, which is typically just around when something new is going to open) does not exist or is how the site is intended to be. I'm not going to sugar coat things. My motivation is not to hurt the moderators feelings - but frankly if their feelings are hurt then maybe they should take a step back and think about why. Clearly this problem is not a new one. Though my profile lists 2006, which, mind you on its own is a decade as a member of this site - I've actually been here since the start under a different user name before switching to this one ten years ago. This is not a new issue - but it has become a significantly worse issue than it was.

So Space Mountain Guy - want me to be your villain? Vilify me. My feelings could not possibly be less hurt in a situation like this one where my side of the fence is clearly correct and your side is clearly incorrect. There's no justification here. The moderators are wrong for allowing it to happen. You are wrong for enabling / supporting its continued happenings.

But here's what it boils down to -- I will continue to check the Frozen ride thread as the clear time for soft openings draws nearer, and I will continue to call out the off topic posts which are blatantly wasting my limited available time on this forum along the way. The moderators can either block me for requesting the forum follow its own clearly stated rules since day one - and thus prove I'm correct that they just don't care about the quality experience this once paramount site currently provides, or finally elect to do their jobs and ensure everyone on this forum is held to the same - fair - and proper standards -- and hopefully, and I really truly hope for this, prove me wrong and show they have the moxie to get things back to what it once was, always should have stayed and can easily become again.

And as for you, Space Mountain Guy - you clearly intend to remain part of the problem - and as such I want to tell you with respect that I'm now setting you to ignore. I will not continue to bicker with you and take things even further off topic. The situation needed to be addressed - and that's what I did. Please take it as the eye-opening reality of the state of the forum that it should be and be part of the solution moving forward - no longer part of the problem.
Wouldn't it have made more sense to take this long, off-topic post, to one of the other "gazillion" active threads where it's appropriate?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Well, they've allowed you to keep posting your own brand of prattle, so there's one thing you could thank them for. You won't, being the complaining bell end that you are, but you could nonetheless....

FigmentForver96

No.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

No.

I hate to bust your immature little bubble but we will post as much as we like and there is nothing that you will do that is goig to stop it.

Btw I saw they added some more rockwork to the summerhus....there on topic post

Cesar R M

No.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

No.

impressive display of "badas sery" in a forum.
wJmsgFx.gif

ps, nobody likes a "backseat moderator". If you feel there are problems with it.. then take your complains to them.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

No.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

No.

Are you posting off topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom