Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It is pretty much complete. The spa building is still behind walls, but there isn't much sign of visible construction anywhere now.

So the cabins by the boat launch are finished? What I saw going over to MK on the boat in late April wasn't nearly the same stage of completion as the ones in front of Boulder Ridge.

ryguy

I wont lie I was one of the people when the Polynesian had its redo, was not happy, still not really. So when I heard what Disney was doing to the Wilderness Lodge I cringed. But it seems this redo is pretty nice. I haven't seen in person so I will reserve final judgement when I see with my own eyes. But in photos its alright.

peter11435

I wont lie I was one of the people when the Polynesian had its redo, was not happy, still not really. So when I heard what Disney was doing to the Wilderness Lodge I cringed. But it seems this redo is pretty nice. I haven't seen in person so I will reserve final judgement when I see with my own eyes. But in photos its alright.
Agreed. Having seen it in person its generally well done. Once the trees mature it will be beautiful.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yep they are all done. Grand opens July 17.

That's good news! When I met with my sales rep in April to buy into Copper Creek, he indicated that Phase II (13 cabins by the boat launch) wouldn't be completed by the July 17th opening date.

If we have time during our visit in August, might wander over to the resort while at MK. Been watching the construction for the past year or so from my stays at Boulder Ridge.

Excited to see the pool has gone from this (see below)

To this

Copper-Creek-Villas-and-Cabins-at-Disneys-Wilderness-Lodge_Full_30526.jpg

Yes, Steve, I borrowed your photo, because it's an awesome shot of the pool... :D

Attachments

• 20170421_124805.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 251

The_Jobu

Man oh man, that mega-cabin (the first photo) does look really swanky.

I hope I can walk past one in the future.

(I try to have realistic goals)

Last edited:

Beacon Joe

I really like them but this porch is a bit baffling to me. Why is it so narrow and the wall so tall? When seated you can only stare at the rock. Or your neighbors I suppose.
ETA I don't even think my legs would fit between the chair and the wall and I'm not a tall guy. You also have to basically climb over one chair to get to the next.

WTH? I get claustrophobic just looking at that. That's one weird design decision. It would be better to have no balcony than to give an unusable one to guests and tick them off.

peter11435

WTH? I get claustrophobic just looking at that. That's one weird design decision. It would be better to have no balcony than to give an unusable one to guests and tick them off.
It's a design decision that was made over two decades by the original lodge designers. The rooms on the first and second floor of that part of the building have always had narrow balconies due to the stone work on the facade.

Beacon Joe

It's a design decision that was made over two decades by the original lodge designers. The rooms on the first and second floor of that part of the building have always had narrow balconies due to the stone work on the facade.

U WOT M8? I didn't comment on the age of the design.

Like I said, that's one weird design. Are those rooms, by any chance, offered at a lower rate? The only similar situation I'm familiar with is at the Grand Floridian DVC where there is a one bedroom with a patio that abuts the colonnade. IIRC, that room is offered at the rate of a studio. But while that room lacks privacy or a view, at least the patio is full sized.

peter11435

U WOT M8? I didn't comment on the age of the design.

Like I said, that's one weird design. Are those rooms, by any chance, offered at a lower rate? The only similar situation I'm familiar with is at the Grand Floridian DVC where there is a one bedroom with a patio that abuts the colonnade. IIRC, that room is offered at the rate of a studio. But while that room lacks privacy or a view, at least the patio is full sized.

That entire balcony is now part of a three bedroom grand villa.

peter11435

Is it offered at a discounted rate? Because that would tick me off.
No. They were never discounted for the past 23 years. I doubt they well start now. Not all deluxe resort rooms even have balconies at all. Some at the poly have non at all. Some at beach club and Boardwalk are only large enough for one small person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom