Innoventions West to Close in May?

Monorail_Red_77

Haven't seen it yet post closure. But, which way do you think the Innoventions West closure will happen? Since the Chase meet n greet will still be open.

1. Do you think that they will just wall off the attractions so that it will be a large winding hallway lined with black construction walls to block off each of the attraction areas similar to the closures that happened at Innoventions East?

2. Or will they just put up a large wall right by the Chase meet n greet so that you can go no father into Innoventions West from that side and also close the exterior doors at the opposite end so that you cannot enter Innoventions West from the opposite end of the building? This would also require them to close off the side entrance from Electric Umbrella as well.

I think, depending on how they close down Innoventions West may tell us what they will be doing. I mean, as far as:
1. Will they just install some new attractions and keep the overall theme of Innoventions.

2. Or will they use this opportunity to fully re-theme and reuse the entire Innoventions West space, minus the Chase meet n greet area.

Either way I think that it will be interesting to see what comes next for this area.

Pictured below is during our visit back on April 12th. You can see the demonstration house to the left and to the right an attraction that is walled off. Wondering if they will go through this much trouble to just keep a hallway open. Thought being is that it would be kinda like the area behind Character Spot. There is a large room off to the side beside the Piggy Bank game area that could still be used as a rest spot. If they go the route of walling off the individual areas and not the 3/4 of the entire building.

IMG_3629.JPG

IMG_3630.JPG

BLY

So sad the Piggy game has gone (& Fire game & electrical thing at the other side!) not much for younger children to do now at EPCOT. I don't mind having stuff for adults but always thoughtof Disney as family orientated and it will be harder to occupy all the family, it was always nice that they were actually doing something in Innovations rather than just queuing & the sitting on a ride.

Monorail_Red_77

Notice that they kept the game consoles still up on the wall....

I was wondering about that. I wasn't sure how far they would commit to closing it down. I wonder if the large waiting room style area across from the Piggy Bank is still open? Though they took out all of the new chairs in the past few months that they put in last summer/fall. :cautious:

Monorail_Red_77

Notice that they kept the game consoles still up on the wall....

I wonder if they will take them out later in the refurb process or if this means that they are not going to remove them at all. If not being removed then I am skeptical about how well this refurb will go.

TDO Please prove me wrong. ;)

Cmdr_Crimson

I wonder if they will take them out later in the refurb process or if this means that they are not going to remove them at all. If not being removed then I am skeptical about how well this refurb will go.

TDO Please prove me wrong. ;)

Perhaps it's just there if your too early for the M&G..

Last edited:

Monorail_Red_77

They really should just do an overhaul on EPCOT sooner, rather than later.
1. Would be nice to refurb both Innoventions.(maybe reduce Innoventions down to one side and put in an E ride in an old Innoventions Building.
2. Kick the festivals out of WOL and refurb WOL into an actual ride or two again.
3. Reopen 2nd floor of Imagination.
4. Move Festivals into unused Innoventions building if not refurbed per #1 above. Or move Festivals into Odyssey Building.
5. Carry on..... Thank You.

Drops Mic. Walks away....

:hilarious: :hilarious:

Resume Thread in

HauntedMansionFLA

Nice!! Looks like they went with my #1 choice and not #2.
There was a rumor floating around about moving WOP over along with IASW from MK. Is there anything educational showing how Walt wanted EPCOT to be if he lived? EPCOT is a shame. It really has the potential to be very special but haven't kept the park up. Disney needs to fix the three parks to take the pressure off MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom