Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree Terrace switching locations late next week

hpyhnt 1000

:)
"Fans of the Orange Bird don’t need to worry – he will be settling into his new home in a few weeks."

Orange Bird is gonna own the Veranda! Nice digs for him!

Hmm...those two quotes got me thinking. What about the soon to be newly remodeled Adventureland Veranda? It'd be great if the Orange Bird had a sizable presence inside.

ABQ

Slightly off topic, but mentioned in the same Disney blog there, I wonder if the move of turkey legs from Frontierland to Tomorrowland will reduce some of the bird population in the Frontierland/Liberty Square area, or is it purely popcorn they follow?

JimboJones123

Does this mean my Dole Whips won't be completely melted by the blasting of hurricane force gales out of the Dole Whip stand while the cashier takes 3 minutes to count out my change?

I hate it when I have to scarf the thing because it is half melted.

BoarderPhreak

Finally, the Dole Whip gets bigger digs and the respect it deserves! :p

I'm sad about the orange soft serve disappearing though; it was great swirled with the pineapple!

vhjchvj

I'd guess when the dust settles, Aloha Isle will prevail as the sole juice-based drink and dessert outlet in Adventureland.
94.gif
49.gif

jmuboy

Sad to say that the Orange Bird display is still missing from the Sunshine Tree Terrace. The same display so hyped that it launched a line of sipper cups and Disney Parks merchandise and brought back a character that could be beloved by a new generation. D23 even made an event out of the debut of this display.

But this display, as cool as it was, was simple and tiny. Yet TDO still has not taken the time to reinstall it in its new home.

The original post on the Parks Blog about Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree switching places stated: "Fans of the Orange Bird don’t need to worry – he will be settling into his new home in a few weeks." Well, 8 weeks later and he is still not inside the new Sunshine Tree Terrace. 8 weeks seems a long time to not have him on display yet. And I have never defined "a few" as 8 weeks.

note2001

Sad to say that the Orange Bird display is still missing from the Sunshine Tree Terrace. The same display so hyped that it launched a line of sipper cups and Disney Parks merchandise and brought back a character that could be beloved by a new generation. D23 even made an event out of the debut of this display.

But this display, as cool as it was, was simple and tiny. Yet TDO still has not taken the time to reinstall it in its new home.

The original post on the Parks Blog about Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree switching places stated: "Fans of the Orange Bird don’t need to worry – he will be settling into his new home in a few weeks." Well, 8 weeks later and he is still not inside the new Sunshine Tree Terrace. 8 weeks seems a long time to not have him on display yet. And I have never defined "a few" as 8 weeks.

Perhaps the props department was told to refurbish it, but they've been working OT on getting Harambe marketplace set up...

Or, perhaps people just rise to the level of their incompetence.

Sped2424

Slightly off topic, but mentioned in the same Disney blog there, I wonder if the move of turkey legs from Frontierland to Tomorrowland will reduce some of the bird population in the Frontierland/Liberty Square area, or is it purely popcorn they follow?
Maybe they are there due to all the water and vegetation areas. Plus it's the only land in the park with a water way that feeds into the 7 seas lagoon.

aladdin2007

Why don't they move Orange Bird and Citrus Swirl over to the Animal Kingdom...They could do a special location for him and all...and that cold treat would be very welcome in the hot hot Animal Kingdom...

great idea,,,its odd that he didnt return especially with new plush now available,,,I think they are just hoping people will forget about it and not care so they dont have to pay someone to put him back up. :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom