Disney to provide Cast Members with free MMR vaccines

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaklgreen

My daughter's chronic ear infections as an infant were directly attributed to her staying in day care. At the time I couldn't afford to stay home or have in home care since I am the sole bread winner. But I made sure she got her shots and didn't wandered around the malls with her until she was at least a couple if months old and had her first series of vaccines.

There is a difference between having to send you kid to daycare so you can work and going out to eat or a vacation with a newborn. One is necessity the other is not.

willtravel

Because it was assumed after consultation with infectious disease experts that anyone born before 1958 probably had measles as a child. Just like you can be pretty sure that most boomers no longer have tonsils.
Not always true. I got married for the second time in Indiana at 40 years of age. For my marriage license I had to either go thru tests checking for certain child hood diseases or prove that I had the shots with heath records. Had no records. Went thru tests and I showed that I did not have rubella. I had to get the rubella shot because I was still of child bearing years even though I was not able to have children. No shot, no license. My first marriage in Ohio I did not have to go thru this. Least to say I was totally surprised I did not have rubella. But I always assumed I had the shot or had the disease.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I don't see this as a soap box for autism. I see people with legitimate concerns about a particular vaccination expressing their concerns and why they are worried about a mandatory vaccination policy, especially since the initial discussion for exemption focused on compromised immune systems.

Fortunately, I don't have medical conditions that would affect my ability to be vaccinated against some diseases. And then worry about what being infected would do to my long term health.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Not always true. I got married for the second time in Indiana at 40 years of age. For my marriage license I had to either go thru tests checking for certain child hood diseases or prove that I had the shots with heath records. Had no records. Went thru tests and I showed that I did not have rubella. I had to get the rubella shot because I was still of child bearing years even though I was not able to have children. No shot, no license. My first marriage in Ohio I did not have to go thru this. Least to say I was totally surprised I did not have rubella. But I always assumed I had the shot or had the disease.

I was referring to a particular case in the state in which I live; I imagine it varies from state to state and the particular situation.

One of the first test given to a pregnant woman is a blood test. And one thing screened for is measles. So that test definitively confirmed what I knew. I had measles as a child.

drew81

Don't blame Disney. Remember when Oprah made that comment about hamburgers? And what happened? Beef sales plummeted (and we got Dr. Phil). And not that I want to keep mentioning her name, but look what Jenny McCarthy's statements did to MMR vaccination rates.

The internet and social media provide many pluses, but they also allow the rapid spread of misinformation and other negative actions. To our detriment.

Did I blame Disney? I said it was an interesting article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom