One day Pirates of the Caribbean closure for refurbishment

Sora_Keyblade

Honestly I rode it twice the past two nights and it looked good. Every AA I saw was working and working correctly. Mermaid projection and Blackbeard was on and visible, Hat Pirate had all his hats on and was moving and Barrel Sparrow was poking his head out fully. View attachment 79255And it looked way better than that.
Glad to hear it! Your update shows a big improvement from what I heard a few weeks ago. :)

Prince Thomas

I believe that George is the resident ghost that inhabits the PoTC attraction. Legend has it that if the CM's say good morning to George first thing in the morning that the ride runs with little to no problems all day. However, if anyone, forgets or is just a non-believer, the ride becomes a nightmare of breakdowns and problems all day long.

Apparently, they have been staffing the ride with non-believers almost completely lately. So if you had a good ride and nothing bad happened, then say thank you to George on the way out. He apparently enjoys positive feedback. :happy:
.........................................................no but really, who's George?

RSoxNo1

I agree that the water effects aren't a big deal. The Mermaid skeleton was a big change IMO. I think I'd prefer just to have the Sparrow AA alone and that's enough character infusion if you ask me.
I think the mermaid skeleton is an excellent addition. The mermaid projects have always looked awful (or been a windows error message) on every trip I've seen them.

Goofyernmost

I think @Goofyernmost pretty much summed it up there with his explaination. George was a worker who allegedly died while working on the attraction. His ghost is believed to cause mischief on the ride when he is in a bad mood.
Yea, I didn't mention the first part because that one probably didn't happen, but, the ghost.... could be!:jawdrop: Might just be one that couldn't pass the entrance qualifications at the Haunted Mansion, so he wandered over to PoTC.:joyfull:

The Duck

Pirates Cast are not allowed to discuss the ghost story with guest per management. A man win a kid asked a Cast Member about it a few years ago and the Cast Member told them the legend. The man' skid got scared and he complained to management...about getting an answer to a question he asked. It's now something Cast can get in trouble for mentioning anything about George to guests. You could never believe what management is like for that area. Cast are also not allowed to say dead, bodies, or blood red carpet at Mansion. Don't even get me started on Jungle Cruise. That area of the park should be the most fun to work but that area, after all the areas at Disney I had worked at over four years, wast he reason I left the company.
More evidence of the "Wussification" of America".

Goofyernmost

What was wrong with him? He was popping out of the well when I rode, but isn't he suppose to spit water also?
I, the very person that hardly ever remembers AA's functions from one trip to the other, noticed that he wasn't spitting out the water when I was there in January 2014.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom