PHOTOS - Discovery Island expansion at Disney's Animal Kingdom underway

djkidkaz

Any idea on what they refurbished at the Discovery Island Trail? Did they remove any of the netting that was over head on this trail?

djkidkaz

Anyone know what was actually done? It was under refurb for quite a long time. Also, did they open that new path behind the tree of life yet? I think it's an alternate exit when the bugs life lets out so you can go towards Africa if you want.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, Dec 18. The Discovery Island Trail around the front side of the Tree of Life has reopened. The trail begins behind the Tree of Life Garden sign and ends behind the character kiosk near the entrance to It's Tough to be a Bug.

Closed for a LONG time, this is the trail that winds above the It's Tough to be a Bug queue, past the kangaroo exhibit (as reported earlier, they are back), and under the waterfall seen from the Discovery Island plaza. The wooden supports and netting over portions of the It's Tough to be a Bug queue are still in place.

IMG_8890.JPG

IMG_8889.JPG

IMG_8888.JPG

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Photo update as of Sunday, Dec 18. The Discovery Island Trail around the front side of the Tree of Life has reopened. The trail begins behind the Tree of Life Garden sign and ends behind the character kiosk near the entrance to It's Tough to be a Bug.

Closed for a LONG time, this is the trail that winds above the It's Tough to be a Bug queue, past the kangaroo exhibit (as reported earlier, they are back), and under the waterfall seen from the Discovery Island plaza.

View attachment 180467

View attachment 180468

View attachment 180469
Great to see. I know the entrance by Africa recently opened, was this area not open yet?

Next Big Thing

Even the Tree of Life Garden? I believe it was just the trails that ran around the back side of the tree closest to the river, not the front.
I thought it was the ToL Garden as well, but I guess now that I think about it I can't fully confirm that and I may be misremembering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom