TTA Refurbishment on schedule?

hpyhnt 1000

While the ride opened on August 5th, the refurb still has technically been on going. The track is cleaner and has lots of new paint in the tunnels and along the track. For those of you wondering, you may notice more and more of the orange and teal from the TTA station appearing elsewhere in the land. There is new paint to transition from white to black at the entrance to the first tunnel. Near the entrance to the Space Mountain tunnel, you'll find more teal. The area above Carousel of Progress is the same orange from inside the station too.

I rode the TTA several times during Labor Day weekend. They definitely cleaned up and repainted a lot of the track. If I'm not mistaken, they also fixed up Progress City a bit. The amusement rides in the model now move again.

One thing they definitely spruced up was the Carousel of Progress loft. Jeez, it looked terrible before. It was so filthy! There was dirt and cobwebs all over the place.

Excellent to hear this, especially after the hasty and rather shabby way the TTA was reopened a few weeks ago.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I think people are really over reacting on the condition of the ride. I go on it every time i'm there (and I ride it a lot when i'm there) and have never noticed anything "wrong" with it. Sure some of the scenes are a bit dated and corny, but I never noticed them being dirty or broken, at least that I could tell. I've also never heard anyone say anything like that about the Peoplemover other than this forum.

Also it's perfectly normal when a ride goes up from rehab for it to be less reliable for the first week or so. Anybody who has worked at a seasonal park will tell you that rides are always more unreliable at the start of the year, you never know how they're going react when you fire them up again after they've been sitting there for so long. They probably could have kept the ride closed a few days longer for testing though, i'm sure they didnt want to extend 2 rehabs (Tough to be a Bug).
"Wrong" with it would be the visible lighting fixtures and stationary pieces that once moved within the Progress City model, dust and peeling glow tape in the robot scene, cars that don't open or close when they're supposed to, useless security monitors, and (most importantly) cars that CRASH into each other at Load.

Trust me, I worked the attraction and my friends still there say that NOTHING has changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom