TTA Refurbishment on schedule?

BrianV

People mover seemed to work well when we visited Monday. It didn't break down and seemed as I remember. There will always be glitches when things are refurbed.

jdmdisney99

Never said they were not steam engines. I simply said that steam cannot stain surfaces black. Steam is colorless. It is the soot from the bio being burnt which comes out as exhaust and has black particulates.
This is a petty back and forth, we both agree. Good day to you sir.
tumblr_mghby1XZ9D1ry10fwo1_500.gif

On another note, I'm liking the red on Rockettower Plaza, but the orange is just too much for me.

biggy H

The post is somewhat incorrect. Regardless of what fuel is burned, they are still external combustion steam locomotives. The steam is what provides the propulsion, not the diesel. Steam engines can burn many different types of fuel, the most common are coal, fuel oil and wood. Those that burn wood are not called "wood locomotives", nor are the ones that burn coal referred to as "coal locomotives", they are steam locomotives. Here is a picture of a Union Pacific Challenger, that was converted to burn fuel oil in the 1980's. No one in their right mind would call it a "diesel engine".

And even nuclear reactors can be used as a power source as in submarines and all nuclear power plants...

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Elevators did NOT get replaced or rebuilt. There may have been some maintenance work, but it looks like they were just repainted. The attraction looks exactly the same based on what can be seen on the ground level. I wouldn't expect any major modifications.
Not even the rumored ADA-compliant rocket?

Tom Morrow

I rode TTA a few weeks ago and the ride seemed smoother and quieter than before, but maybe I was just imagining that. Overall the track looked a lot cleaner too.

I really wish they'd bring back that colored LED lighting that was installed. And a new narration.

rct247

I rode TTA a few weeks ago and the ride seemed smoother and quieter than before, but maybe I was just imagining that. Overall the track looked a lot cleaner too.

I really wish they'd bring back that colored LED lighting that was installed. And a new narration.

While the ride opened on August 5th, the refurb still has technically been on going. The track is cleaner and has lots of new paint in the tunnels and along the track. For those of you wondering, you may notice more and more of the orange and teal from the TTA station appearing elsewhere in the land. There is new paint to transition from white to black at the entrance to the first tunnel. Near the entrance to the Space Mountain tunnel, you'll find more teal. The area above Carousel of Progress is the same orange from inside the station too.

Marc Gil

I rode the TTA several times during Labor Day weekend. They definitely cleaned up and repainted a lot of the track. If I'm not mistaken, they also fixed up Progress City a bit. The amusement rides in the model now move again.

One thing they definitely spruced up was the Carousel of Progress loft. Jeez, it looked terrible before. It was so filthy! There was dirt and cobwebs all over the place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom