Pollo Campero and BabyCakes NYC permanently closing later this month

MarkTwain

I would rather have 15 speciality stores than 1 giant store that it's difficult to make your way around and try to see everything in it.

That's how I feel too. I personally see World of Disney as a big part of the "giant machine" mentality of WDW, and would prefer to see its sections scattered around Downtown Disney in separate little shops instead. It would also even out parking (ie away from Marketplace) and could potentially revive lesser-visited areas of DtD like Pleasure Island. As it is, the insanity of WoD kind of just subtracts from the charming feel of the original Disney Village. Not too thrilled to hear it's expanding.

Fractal514

Pretty soon we should be able to get our Dole Whip fix at CityWalk thanks to Menchie's! No massive lines for Aloha Isle and no going out of my way to the Poly just for a Dole Whip, just grab one on my way in/out. Perfect!

I know there is no logic behind this, but it's just not the same. It might taste the same, it might cost the same (or less), it might be served in the same container, but if I don't purchase it in Adventureland, it's just not the same.

Monorail_Orange

Pretty soon we should be able to get our Dole Whip fix at CityWalk thanks to Menchie's! No massive lines for Aloha Isle and no going out of my way to the Poly just for a Dole Whip, just grab one on my way in/out. Perfect!
We have Menchie's locally where I live. Tried it one time, and it was so bad, we haven't been back (and will not go back). But I would gladly take a trip to Poly or stand in line at Aloha Ilse for a Dole Whip. Menchie's...yeah, well, to each their own.

JimboJones123

I know there is no logic behind this, but it's just not the same. It might taste the same, it might cost the same (or less), it might be served in the same container, but if I don't purchase it in Adventureland, it's just not the same.
And Disneyland ones that you can enjoy in the Tiki Room are even better.

Far better than a Tiki Room where they are forbidden. And that has no Tiki Fountain.

Bairstow

So did it close?

I'm pretty bummed. Pollo Campero was probably my favorite place to eat on property.
A couple weeks ago I visited one of their new locations outside Atlanta, and while the yucca fries and beans were good, the chicken wasn't as good as the Disney location's.

PolloCampero4.jpg

MOXOMUMD

So did it close?

I'm pretty bummed. Pollo Campero was probably my favorite place to eat on property.
A couple weeks ago I visited one of their new locations outside Atlanta, and while the yucca fries and beans were good, the chicken wasn't as good as the Disney location's.

PolloCampero4.jpg
I never had a chance to eat there but that does look good.

WDWDad13

wow they really aren't messing around on this project... really excited to see the finished Disney Springs project...I think it may surprise a lot of people, even on here (even if it's "just a mall") :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom