Astro Orbiter refurbishment dates set for summer 2014

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
IMG_3221.JPG

Picture from earlier....couldn't upload the file from my phone.

rct247

Astro Orbiter reopened today. The new rocket colors are BEAUTIFUL! It is 100% confirmed: no more spinning planets. The ride today was running slower than normal. From what I have heard, there was an issue with one of the multiple motors used to spin the ride so the others were left to pick up the slack.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Did these knuckleheads forget to clean the surface with mineral spirits and then sand before painting?
I dunno', but I'll tell you this: if a low-level CM were involved in an innocent mistake that downed an attraction, their head would be on the chopping block. If someone high up enough makes a stupid oversight with the same results, it'll be swept under the rug.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Wow I love the new paint scheme! Good job. But the attraction is down because of...running wet paint? What the heck?

The planets look great...even if they don't spin.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Can someone...and I don't know if it's possible, but...can someone try to get a pic of the astro orbiter and peoplemover in one shot? I'm wondering how they look together. In my minds eye, the colors compliment and work well...and I'm also left wondering if the rest of Tomorrowland will get a similar paint scheme upgrade.

ABQ

Sad, I was just going to quote @Macca250 and ask that I'd like to know too but was going to add, and please don't make it some smart alec like response of "duh, money of course"

note2001

Anyone know why they didn't fix the planets? I'd have thought that was a pretty basic effect?

Someone in this thread mentioned that the motors that are used to spin the planets work best when on the level. The way they are mounted for the planets is not level and it causes too many problems.

I'm sure technology has progressed enough since the initial design was created to create a motor that would operate well under these conditions, but it seems whoever was in charge of the refurbishment either did not have the time, the funds in the budget or perhaps didn't care to work to restore their motion. We'll never know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom