Rivers of America...once and done or every visit?

Rivers of America...thoughts?

• Never done it

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Did it once and that was enough

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • A total must-do every trip

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • I would do it more often if...(add your comments in the responses)

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
So the forums seems kinda quiet this morning as I sit here in PA waiting for yet ANOTHER snow to start :facepalm:. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on ROA. Have you done it? Did you do do it once and that was enough? Does it need updating or is it a good ole Disney original?

Personally...we have never done it so I can't even offer my own opinion which is why I am curious as to others thoughts.

morningstar

Never been. I mean to, just to give it a try. It just sort of looks like a lot of time to spend doing "nothing" in a part of the park that's pretty densely packed with headliners: Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion. And you can see most of the same scenery from Tom Sawyer Island or just the walkways. I did do the canoes at Disneyland, which are pretty fun.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I am assuming that by Rivers of America you mean riding on the Liberty Belle? Hubby and I enjoy riding the Liberty Belle and checking out the scenery. It isn't a must do every trip but it is a relaxing little break. I like the Columbia at Disneyland better as there is stuff to explore on the ship too.

HouCuseChickie

I personally haven't done it since I was a kid, but DH took our younger one back in 2011 while I was taking the older one on the nearby mtns. i.e. younger one not tall enough at the time. I would like to do it again, but I think it would have to be a longer trip where I've done my top choices enough times to focus on other things.

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
I am assuming that by Rivers of America you mean riding on the Liberty Belle? Hubby and I enjoy riding the Liberty Belle and checking out the scenery. It isn't a must do every trip but it is a relaxing little break. I like the Columbia at Disneyland better as there is stuff to explore on the ship too.

Yup, for years I never knew it had a name either...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivers_of_America_(Disney)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Every other trip.

Even if we don't we love seeing the kinetic motion on the river. Not as much as there used to be of course but if they dare try and moor it permenantly...

jlsHouston

Once.... the only visit when it was a lower crowd level. Enjoyed it. Just seems like on the high crowd time visits we are more intent on getting enough of the E ticket attractions done.

The Empress Lilly

A trip on a WDW paddlewheel steamboat?

Would I like it? :D

Edit: The RoA are essential to my MK experience. I must traverse them, it is not a WDW trip unless I have. The river creates a sense of space, of the MK fading off into unlimited space. I lose myself in it.

The boat, even the mere sight of it, lends a sense of sophistication and elegance to the MK. What's more, the boat is one of those experiences where the magic happens. You get transported, literally and figuratively, into a fantasy world, part historic, part imaginary. The music, the 19th century steamship, the Americana of it all. There are adventures to be had, places to visit. The fishing man, the cave, the Indian village are fantastic tableaux, they create entire worlds. Brilliant.

I'm one of those dorks who would swap all of Cars Land or Potter for one trip at dusk past the smugglers cave...
love0019.gif

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Every other trip.

Even if we don't we love seeing the kinetic motion on the river. Not as much as there used to be of course but if they dare try and moor it permenantly...
The ride vehicle is the attraction. The attraction forms the land's scenery. The scenery is the ride. Everything comes together. It would be a shame if lesser designers where to misunderstand the brilliance of the legacy they got to work with.

Are those barbaric plans of two years ago to moor the boat permanently definately gone?

R W B

I did it for the first time last year, enjoyed it and will probably do it on the trip I'm currently on. I'm kind of tired of the MK's big rides (still enjoy them), just time for the smaller things.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I go every three or four trips, not on short trips. It is like the films at Epcot and the Tiki Birds, don't need to do each trip but every so often enjoy. I wish the river boat along with the the scenery had a bit more imagineering to grab you into the voyage more.

I don't know who these photo's belong too, possibly Jeff Lange's but I've seen them on so many sights it is hard to tell or maybe they are Disney's??? But to tie this to the moat thread, this big moat could easily be filled in one day too, it is a mighty big footprint including TS Island.

RTM0001.jpg

RTM0002.jpg

RTM0003.jpg

roe0004.jpg

RTM0005.jpg

EDIT: Just saw at this time 50% never done it! Wow! I'll have to watch this thread to see if those percentages change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom