The Boat House construction at Disney Springs The Landing

TimeTrip

Sitting having oysters and shrimp from the raw bar while contemplating entrees. A manager stopped by and I asked about it. The manager confirmed it.

The only other bit mentioned was that the "for two" entrees will be 4 credits. It was also mentioned that they would not reduce the quality of the food after I mentioned that the community was worried. According to the manager this is a Gibson restaurant and they wouldn't do that.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed because this place is great.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sitting having oysters and shrimp from the raw bar while contemplating entrees. A manager stopped by and I asked about it. The manager confirmed it.

The only other bit mentioned was that the "for two" entrees will be 4 credits. It was also mentioned that they would not reduce the quality of the food after I mentioned that the community was worried. According to the manager this is a Gibson restaurant and they wouldn't do that.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed because this place is great.
Good work on getting the info!

Any idea if it's also moving on to Tables in Wonderland?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Got a chance to ask. They have a military and cast discount. As for TIW, they're considering it... but from reading the body language and acknowledgement that 20% is a big discount, my guess is that its unlikely.. :-(
Thanks again!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
The Boathouse will accept the Disney Dining Plan starting Monday, May 18 (2 credits for each meal).

The Boathouse started accepting phone reservations earlier this week and will soon be on the Disney Dining website to make online reservations.

Source: management cast member.

Blech. That's really disappointing.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Well, the WDW website hasn't been updated. Still says no plans accepted. Can someone who is there verify the information?

PrincessNelly_NJ

Well, the WDW website hasn't been updated. Still says no plans accepted. Can someone who is there verify the information?
It does say it when you book the reservation, when you get the confirmation email.
a6521dfc-26f5-4844-b267-b322a300171b_zps4zcsdkum.png

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yep its a done deal.

It does say it when you book the reservation, when you get the confirmation email.
a6521dfc-26f5-4844-b267-b322a300171b_zps4zcsdkum.png
Well, there goes the restaurant. I'm still wondering if they will charge 2 credits each for the entrees that are advertised as for 2. If they charge 4 dining credits for one steak, people might be a bit hesitant, even though the restaurant is probably barely breaking even. And yes, what does that do for the sides that are extra?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, there goes the restaurant. I'm still wondering if they will charge 2 credits each for the entrees that are advertised as for 2. If they charge 4 dining credits for one steak, people might be a bit hesitant, even though the restaurant is probably barely breaking even. And yes, what does that do for the sides that are extra?
Yes it is 4 for a serves 2 dish.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Yea, I asked the same thing. I'm curious to see how the sides will work

WDWtraveler

I was thinking the same about the amphicar and dockside bar sign. Everything else just looks so perfect, those stood out as weird for some reason...but I'm not sure why.

Many of the outside Boathouse auxiliary signs (Dockside Bar, Amphicar Launch and Landing, etc.) will be replaced soon with signs in the "Disney Springs" format and style. Unsure what they will look like, but the existing signs (and their color scheme) will be replaced. Source: Management.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Many of the outside Boathouse auxiliary signs (Dockside Bar, Amphicar Launch and Landing, etc.) will be replaced soon with signs in the "Disney Springs" format and style. Unsure what they will look like, but the existing signs (and their color scheme) will be replaced. Source: Management.
That is great news! They didn't make sense, so really glad to see that being done. :)

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, July 15. Finally, last night the "hanging boat" was installed at the front entrance to The Boathouse. The boat is mostly hidden by the large palm trees, but the iron beams on the second story exterior were designed for this feature. The temporary straps holding the boat should be replaced with something more nautical in the future.

IMG_5784.JPG

IMG_5802.JPG

WDWtraveler

they will need to move these palms a bit to the sides.

so it doesnt block the text, or the boat.

Update as of Thursday, July 16. Overnight, the palm tree branches were trimmed back so the boat and the building stand out more. The boat "straps" are gone now, with permanent supports in place. A drain system was installed to remove rainwater that might collect inside the boat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom