PHOTOS - Starbucks West Side concept art and construction pictures

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
There was nobody in line what so ever in the afternoon. Our Starbucks here is busy from open 'till close as are the ones in the malls. Disney not so much. The Bakery had the right concept, coffee and morning fare in the early hours and a bakery by afternoon and night.

I would personally much rather have the Main St. Bakery back too but Starbucks was fairly busy in the evenings too, especially around parade time. The MK location will not be as busy as one that was placed in the middle of AL/LS because most guests are near the attractions and not MS.

ABQ

Still not a big fan of the overall style, but I do like the palm tree going through the overhang.

Kman101

Walked right by this today while in DTD, looked RIGHT at that, and totally missed even noticing the grass right in front of me. Wow. LOL.

DonaldDoleWhip

Starbucks opened today! It's really busy but extremely nice on the inside. They were even handing out brownie samples by the entrance.

In other DTD news, I see vertical construction on 'the Boathouse' that I didn't even notice yesterday.

WDWDad13

I was around there last night. They did a really good job with the design and looked like they were testing with some people already

Really excited about the rest of Disney springs. There is a TON of stuff going on around there

WDWDad13

Starbucks opened today! It's really busy but extremely nice on the inside. They were even handing out brownie samples by the entrance.

In other DTD news, I see vertical construction on 'the Boathouse' that I didn't even notice yesterday.

Yep vertical construction started 2-3 days ago I believe. Was there one day nothing and the next a big jump in upright steel.

DonaldDoleWhip

Pictures from today:

DSC_0145_zps7896bdf7.jpg

DSC_0125_zpsefb68f00.jpg

DSC_0136_zps17efb327.jpg

DSC_0137_zpsfe35c1dd.jpg

DSC_0144_zpsbc6bb7d9.jpg

DonaldDoleWhip

Pretty cool - I recognize some of the guests in those pictures. :D

As insignificant as another Starbucks seems, I think they nailed this location. Based on its size and location in DTD (where third parties are acceptable), the designers were able to fully embrace the Starbucks brand and take everything to another level. It's sleek, spacious, and has all the makings of a flagship store.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Pretty cool - I recognize some of the guests in those pictures. :D

As insignificant as another Starbucks seems, I think they nailed this location. Based on its size and location in DTD (where third parties are acceptable), the designers were able to fully embrace the Starbucks brand and take everything to another level. It's sleek, spacious, and has all the makings of a flagship store.
Yep agreed - it looks really good. Great start to Disney Springs West Side. Looking forward to see the rest take shape around it.

mm121

it's interesting that its not opening until 10am, does anyone know what time the Marketplace one is opening?

I forget what time world of Disney and the other stores typically open, but I just know a time or two I ended up at DD before the other stores opened, and there were a few people out and people gathering for the store opening/rope drop at world of disney so it would seem logical to open just slightly before everything else. even by just like 15 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom