Festival of the Lion King closes January 5th

flyerjab

Have the set pieces been refurbed/plussed in any way? I have only seen this once before and cannot recollect if they were scheduled to or not as part of this project.

twebber55

Here's the pic....

https://twitter.com/orlando_parks/status/472905157731450881/photo/1

Seems like the new building south of the theater (along the path to the future land for Pandora) is just bathrooms. And we previously got word about a merch shop at the theater. So, I think that's what we get in total.

What's up with the boat shown in the pic? I wonder if they are considering a new boat transportation with a dock there?

Harambe is going to be terrible right after shows let out, so congested without any other egress from the theater.
it is.....saw it today...hey im in insider LOL;)

Rob562

Some people are reporting on twitter that FP+ does get priority seating and not everyone in the standby line gets in and might have to wait for the next show instead.

That was pretty much how FP+ and Standby worked at the old theater. (Well, not sure about Priority Seating, but FP+ was definitely let in first and thus had first choice of seats)

-Rob

twebber55

That was pretty much how FP+ and Standby worked at the old theater. (Well, not sure about Priority Seating, but FP+ was definitely let in first and thus had first choice of seats)

-Rob
we had a FP and definitely got first choice before the masses did today

RSoxNo1

Fastpass+ return is 5-20 minutes prior to the show. Typically on Low to Average crowd days you can get in the Standby line if you show up during that window. However, I wouldn't be surprised with today being Day 1 that this isn't the case.

rangerbob

I think that they added the fire flames to the fire section. For those that might have seen it, what is the new smell in the fog. They have added something to it and it isn't a pleasant smell. I tried to ask a few people around the area and nobody could explain it. I did hear it around me it stinks. It was the fog itself not another person.

drew81

Original Poster
I think that they added the fire flames to the fire section. For those that might have seen it, what is the new smell in the fog. They have added something to it and it isn't a pleasant smell. I tried to ask a few people around the area and nobody could explain it. I did hear it around me it stinks. It was the fog itself not another person.

Might be a Le Maitre fog/haze system. Could be a DF-50 diffuser hazer. Lots of possibilities.

Crazydisneyfanluke

The lighting looks amazing and the finale was spectacular! Cant wait to see it in a couple years! (Not spending 100 bucks for half a day park)
Question for the people who have been in the new theater, is there more seating?

HRHPrincessAriel

Fastpass+ return is 5-20 minutes prior to the show. Typically on Low to Average crowd days you can get in the Standby line if you show up during that window. However, I wouldn't be surprised with today being Day 1 that this isn't the case.
I was going to say something similar!

note2001

It was the fog itself not another person.

:joyfull:

Did you notice if the smell was causing anyone breathing problems, or was it just an irritating stench? Curious as I react to chemicals in the air. Traditional theater style fog usually does not cause issues. There are newer air fresheners out there that do (febreeze, some sprays & candles etc)

rangerbob

I didn't. I do have some breathing problems and over sensitized due to a mold exposure. I didn't have any problems, it just wasn't a pleasant smell. During the aerial section they used a hazer that kept the fog laying low to the ground, that didn't have the smell but the other fog that they used during different parts of the show was the problem.

goodolgm

Attended the 1pm show today in the new theater and here were my quick observations:

• It felt like they took the old theater (on the inside, anyway), picked it up and dropped it in its new place.
  • Appeared to be the same bleachers, seating capacity appears unchanged.
  • Floats looked great. Simba's front feet weren't getting the motion they did in video I had seen from yesterday, but all the floats as a whole looked tremendous. Nice to see the waterfall effect on the Elephant float working.
  • The pyro cue in "Be Prepared" has returned.
  • Looks like a lot of, if not all of, the intelligent lighting has been converted to LED. Some of the lighting was noticeably different from the old show, but nothing bad at all. If anything, colors were more vibrant and brought out the costumes and set pieces a lot more.
  • As mentioned in earlier posts, there was a HORRIBLE smell when the ground fog was used. Not sure if it's new machines, new fluid, etc. But the smell was AWFUL and nothing like anything I've ever smelled from any fog effects in any show or atmospheric use. Actually one show effect I wouldn't mind see going extinct if it's going to leave a sour taste (smell?) in the minds of the viewers.
  • Performers did stellar...great to see no cuts in levels or energy of the show.
Glad to see a longtime favorite return!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom