Festival of the Lion King closes January 5th

twebber55

I have never been able to understand what good a FP does for a show that seats hundreds of people. Lion has always been popular, but never to the extend of Soarin or Toy Story. Everybody gets in at the same time, what does FP give you that walking through the door wouldn't.
normally I would agree but im thinking because its somewhat "new" it might be pretty busy sunday when I m there

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I have never been able to understand what good a FP does for a show that seats hundreds of people. Lion has always been popular, but never to the extend of Soarin or Toy Story. Everybody gets in at the same time, what does FP give you that walking through the door wouldn't.
When fast passes are offered to the General Public and limited...anybody that chooses a FP for something like this opens up chances for others to get the real FP's.

Goofyernmost

When fast passes are offered to the General Public and limited...anybody that chooses a FP for something like this opens up chances for others to get the real FP's.
OK, but that doesn't mean that you necessarily have to got one to get in to the same show, at the same time, as all the FP holders.

mm52200

Honestly with being able to get additional FPs now, I don't see it as a total waste. If I want to see the show and not wait as long I'll probably grab one if I've used my other three already.

doctornick

So, I'm actually really curious as to how this whole area looks once the walls come down. The theater itself looks great. I wonder what else was built in the area -- probably bathrooms, I'd assume, but will there be any food or merchandise? And there is the path south towards the future land of Pandora -- will that be open and where does it lead?

djlaosc

So, I'm actually really curious as to how this whole area looks once the walls come down. The theater itself looks great. I wonder what else was built in the area -- probably bathrooms, I'd assume, but will there be any food or merchandise? And there is the path south towards the future land of Pandora -- will that be open and where does it lead?

According to Orlando Parks News...

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/05/new-harambe-theater-opening-june-1-at.html

Orlando Parks News said:
The new area of Harambe also includes a merchandise kiosk location, called Mariya’s (pronounced Maria’s) that will sell Lion King-inspired memorabilia including plush, toys and trading pins along with select consumable items and more.

twebber55

leaving tomorrow ill let you know on sunday how it looks

any ideas if the same actors singers will return? or they all will be new?

I know the main male singer seems to be the same.. but the others?

As a matter of fact, I'm actually friends with two of those actors that were a couple of the same actors & Yes, my two friends will be returning to play the same characters they previously did before! My friend Aidan will be playing the role of Nakawa once again, who's one of the main characters in the show & is the host of the Lion section. And my other friend Charles will once again be playing the role of King Kiume, who's the other main character & leader of the group and he hosts the Elephant section. I've known about this the last couple of weeks because somebody posted a picture with captioning of "Festival of the Lion King reopening singer cast 2014. I'm really happy & excited that the both of them are going to be back in this show! Both of them have been doing this show for the last couple of years! And my friend Aidan has arranged it for me a couple of times to do a special Meet & Greet with the Cast of the Festival of the Lion King show, as well as getting front row VIP seats too, which is really cool! By the way, besides my friend Aidan doing the Festival of the Lion King, he's also in a popular band that some people know & the band is called Cnergy and the band is from Orlando, Florida! The band performs in & around the Orlando area, as well as the Tampa area. They also come & perform every so often up where I live in Jacksonville at a place called Latitude 30! But Yes, There will be a few returning actors to the Festival of the Lion King show! I really do hope that this answers your question! Have a Magical Day! :)

Cesar R M

As a matter of fact, I'm actually friends with two of those actors that were a couple of the same actors & Yes, my two friends will be returning to play the same characters they previously did before! My friend Aidan will be playing the role of Nakawa once again, who's one of the main characters in the show & is the host of the Lion section. And my other friend Charles will once again be playing the role of King Kiume, who's the other main character & leader of the group and he hosts the Elephant section. I've known about this the last couple of weeks because somebody posted a picture with captioning of "Festival of the Lion King reopening singer cast 2014. I'm really happy & excited that the both of them are going to be back in this show! Both of them have been doing this show for the last couple of years! And my friend Aidan has arranged it for me a couple of times to do a special Meet & Greet with the Cast of the Festival of the Lion King show, as well as getting front row VIP seats too, which is really cool! By the way, besides my friend Aidan doing the Festival of the Lion King, he's also in a popular band that some people know & the band is called Cnergy and the band is from Orlando, Florida! The band performs in & around the Orlando area, as well as the Tampa area. They also come & perform every so often up where I live in Jacksonville at a place called Latitude 30! But Yes, There will be a few returning actors to the Festival of the Lion King show! I really do hope that this answers your question! Have a Magical Day! :)

Thanks for the long answer!
I seen the show 3 times in my short 7 day visit (first time visit) last year and I loved it a lot!

lucky you to get such VIP treatment!!

also, I always wondered, the actor inside the suit of Timon.. they rotate the character? or is always the same?
because of the 3 times I went, all of them(timons) seemed to act similar but with their own style.

CrescentLake

Orlando Parks News just posted a picture of the Braille AK map with FOTLK on it. Seemed like there was no bridge or exit onto discovery island...which is going to make the part of africa very, very crowded...

doctornick

Orlando Parks News just posted a picture of the Braille AK map with FOTLK on it. Seemed like there was no bridge or exit onto discovery island...which is going to make the part of africa very, very crowded...

Here's the pic....

https://twitter.com/orlando_parks/status/472905157731450881/photo/1

Seems like the new building south of the theater (along the path to the future land for Pandora) is just bathrooms. And we previously got word about a merch shop at the theater. So, I think that's what we get in total.

What's up with the boat shown in the pic? I wonder if they are considering a new boat transportation with a dock there?

Harambe is going to be terrible right after shows let out, so congested without any other egress from the theater.

Last edited:

doctornick

The boat is there for show, I believe they are building a pathway to Avatar behind the restrooms.

Yes, the boat is certainly show and you can see it in the new pictures that wdwmagic posted today. However, I do think that there would be a place for transport on the Discovery River -- put a dock near this theater and put a second dock over in Dinoland and you would have a reasonable internal transport of the park, akin to the WS lagoon boats in Epcot.

As for the path, the problem right now IMHO is that it is a deadend and will be for some time, I would expect, until Pandora opens. That forces all the crowds going to and from FOTLK to pass through Harambe.

mm52200

Some people are reporting on twitter that FP+ does get priority seating and not everyone in the standby line gets in and might have to wait for the next show instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom