New Main Street U.S.A bypass to be built to address entry and exit congestion at the Magic Kingdom

Club Cooloholic

Its weird, I swear I had already used a bypass on the west side once or twice before years ago, but maybe I am misremembering? Or does Disneyland have one on the right side leaving already, and that is what I am thinking of?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Its weird, I swear I had already used a bypass on the west side once or twice before years ago, but maybe I am misremembering? Or does Disneyland have one on the right side leaving already, and that is what I am thinking of?
I used that route to exit back in '92...
Of course, I was finishing up a Keys to the Kingdom tour, and the guide offered me that one last look behind the scenes as I was heading back to the City Hall area. It was a totally unfinished parking lot/loading area at the time.

Club Cooloholic

I used that route to exit back in '92...
Of course, I was finishing up a Keys to the Kingdom tour, and the guide offered me that one last look behind the scenes as I was heading back to the City Hall area. It was a totally unfinished parking lot/loading area at the time.
I want to say I last used it about 10 years ago, back when they would keep it open till 1AM sometimes and it was the very end of the night.

Disney Analyst

I believe they did use it on a couple of days, but it was very rare.

They would open it for 4th of July and guests could grab a spot back there for the fireworks. I picked up a PAC shift and my spot was back there, I was super lucky as it was chill and everyone back there super friendly.

Heard horror stories of the crowds on Main Street, always felt lucky I got that spot back there.

(I assume as I wasn’t a PAC CM and just picked it up as coverage they put us in the easy spots).

TrainsOfDisney

Both. I remember using it at MK and they also use it at Disneyland. The DL route is pretty interesting as it goes right up against a Jungle Cruise maintenance or holding area.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They took us out the west route in 2018 when they had to clear the park due to an approaching storm. That was a surreal HEA. Anyway, we were shouted through the bypass and onto an enhanced bus fleet to the TTC. 15 minutes from Town Square to the parking tram queues. Even I didn’t belive the efficiency.

The west route was used virtually every night at Disneyland last year during our trip. And yes, some of the views were interesting if not exactly magical. And also yes, my camera accidentally started recording.

_caleb

They took us out the west route in 2018 when they had to clear the park due to an approaching storm. That was a surreal HEA. Anyway, we were shouted through the bypass and onto an enhanced bus fleet to the TTC. 15 minutes from Town Square to the parking tram queues. Even I didn’t belive the efficiency.

The west route was used virtually every night at Disneyland last year during our trip. And yes, some of the views were interesting if not exactly magical. And also yes, my camera accidentally started recording.
Looking forward to seeing “Main Street USA Bypasses- Martin’s Ultimate Tribute!”

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Looking forward to seeing “Main Street USA Bypasses- Martin’s Ultimate Tribute!”

Not enough content. ;)

I know this is going to steer things off-topic, so I apologize in advance and hope the thread doesn't derail. The bypasses have nothing on DLP's arcades, though. Those were so well done. @Eddie Sotto and the DLP team deserve tons of praise for that park.

mgf

We got sent through it in Nov 2018. Oddly the park was not super busy but Main St was absolutely mobbed. We were so grateful because our kiddo was absolutely terrified (out of the blue) of the fireworks, and we were racing out of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom