Casey's Corner closing for lengthy refurbishment in the new year

Animaniac93-98

What about those other eateries that are closed constantly? Why not open those year-round? That's how you alleviate crowd issues.

Tortuga Tavern
Adventureland Veranda (does the MnG take up all the space?)
Diamond Horseshoe
Aunt Polly's
Tomorrowland Noodle Station

5 food service locations right there that could open to help capacity. That Disney thinks adding a dozen chairs to Casey's is a better way to solve the problem is telling.

Aunt Polly's also needs a refurb regardless of its current status as a food vending location. The underside of those roofs are not looking very good.

BwanaBob

Once again Disney removes something special to make way for something generic, in this case more seating.....because somehow this was too big of a issue just now....after 40 years of operation?

What about those other eateries that are closed constantly? Why not open those year-round? That's how you alleviate crowd issues.
careful what you wish for.
Plans are in the works to make Tortuga Tavern a restaurant after the test/pilot this past holiday season.

No word on Tomorrowland Terrace...

Bairstow

Tortuga Tavern
Diamond Horseshoe
Aunt Polly's

5 food service locations right there that could open to help capacity. That Disney thinks adding a dozen chairs to Casey's is a better way to solve the problem is telling.

Aunt Polly's also needs a refurb regardless of its current status as a food vending location. The underside of those roofs are not looking very good.

I think location is a big factor here. Casey's is the only one guests must pass by to get into the park and other than Diamond Horseshoe is the only one on the parade route.

Personally I think the one with the most potential there is Adventureland Veranda. I'd love to see that place reopen as a counter-service quick Asian place.
Just copy the menu from Anandapur Local Food Cafes and you're in business.

Menu-600x521.jpg

MOXOMUMD

I know I've never eaten at Casey's simply because there is nowhere to sit. And believe me, after looking at those pics of that chili dog I definitely want to! If I'm going to dive into that puppy I'll need a seat, a stack of napkins, some Shout wipes, some Tums, and about an hour! I hope when I'm there this summer I can locate an empty table.
Now that's what I'm talking about. There's been times I wanted to eat at Casey's but I don't want to carry a tray to Adventureland to find a seat.

SoupBone

Tortuga Tavern
Diamond Horseshoe
Aunt Polly's

If they ever close Mrs. Potts, I'm staging a mass protest. Don't come between me and my soft serve. :D

SoupBone

Plans are in the works to make Tortuga Tavern a restaurant after the test/pilot this past holiday season.

Why is this a bad thing? Maybe I'm not reading your post correctly. I would love for some other menu items and options. Pecos Bills needs some healthy competition.

COProgressFan

Why is this a bad thing? Maybe I'm not reading your post correctly. I would love for some other menu items and options. Pecos Bills needs some healthy competition.

I'm a bit confused by the OP's comment -- Tortuga Tavern already is a restaurant. But I'm assuming he means sit-down rather than quick serve.

I think it could be a bad thing because the test they did during the holidays was for buffet style, all for the low low price of like $45 or something. From the couple of reports I saw (and I know it's just anecdotal ... maybe it was busy the other times) there weren't very many people taking them up on that offer, considering how crazy busy the parks are over Christmas. MK desperately needs more sit down (and even quick serve) options, but I'm not sure $45 buffets are the answer.

Back on topic, I think the expanded outdoor seating at Casey's looks great. Looks nicely done, and desperately needed.

Goofnut1980

Wait a min! Where are the railings??? Inconsiderate people will walk all over that grass when there is a crowd and it will be ruined in no time. Also, did they add a pathway in front of the seating so no one has to walk between the tables and Casey's?

Fox&Hound

Why would they have not jumped on this when Pirates was a hot franchise rather than wait ten years and then make it a full service restaurant??? You could have had your picture taken with Captain Jack Sparrow and be waited on by pirates. A perfect balance to the sometimes overly-princess focus. Seems like a wasted opportunity to do it now...

brihow

I'm a bit confused by the OP's comment -- Tortuga Tavern already is a restaurant. But I'm assuming he means sit-down rather than quick serve.

I was thinking he meant it would be nice to have it open since it's almost always closed (or at least it is when I go). Does anyone know when the last time it was open was? Or if there is a schedule of when it's open?

WDWLover#1

Wait a min! Where are the railings??? Inconsiderate people will walk all over that grass when there is a crowd and it will be ruined in no time. Also, did they add a pathway in front of the seating so no one has to walk between the tables and Casey's?
That's the point. It's supposed to be stood on to create more firework/parade viewing areas. Its just fake I think.

jmuboy

I would assume they are adding later - no need holding up the opening of the dining patio for railings. There are railings missing near first aid too. Maybe the railings around this renovated area will be installed all at one time.

BwanaBob

The comment was just a serious and lighthearted reply to the comment about it being closed a lot.
They tested the buffet again this past week.

Looking more and more plausible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom