8 things from Disneyland’s past that need to come back - OC Register

SuddenStorm

This list is great, since for each of the attractions listed, the current thing taking up the location isn't as good. So bringing this stuff back in some form would only be a plus.

Phroobar

I think they should bring back the Starcade complete with both levels and lots of vintage arcade machines. Add lots of neon and play loud 80's rock. Put in a dozen pinball machines and some air hockey tables.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Well, there are more restrooms on Main Street and just outside the gate on the West side (Outside, next to City Hall, and next to Carnation Plaza). The East side just has one on the side of the Opera House.

Phroobar

The Space Place needs to return along with the outdoor theater in front of Space Mountain. You would get your food where the SM's fast pass machines are now and then go up the ramp and watch the show. SM's queue only used the right half of the roof. You would walk around the queue to the upper arcade floor. Return SM's escalator. Pizza Port would return to being an attraction.

scan0006b.jpg

Rich T

The Space Place needs to return along with the outdoor theater in front of Space Mountain. You would get your food where the SM's fast pass machines are now and then go up the ramp and watch the show. SM's queue only used the right half of the roof. You would walk around the queue to the upper arcade floor. Return SM's escalator. Pizza Port would return to being an attraction.

scan0006b.jpg
I would love to see the Magic Eye Theater demolished to bring back the outdoor venue...And rebuild Space Mountain's original cool-looking entry! Complete with (gasp) speedramp! Gaaaahhhh, I can't stand it when Disney takes something wonderful (the original SM entry) and makes it stupid! I've seen restrooms with more prominent, effective entries than the current Space Mountain setup!

Stevek

My order of preference.

Peoplemover - First and last ride we always experience at the MK (unless we have an early FP+). I would be incredibly happy if it came back...the old music has to come back as well.
Astro Orbitor to top of the Peoplemover - Should have never been moved, the worst change in new Tomorrowland
Country Bear Jamboree - Still enjoy it at WDW but it wasn't really very popular anymore out here, not sure it would be again if it returned...after the whole nostalgia thing wore off
The Golden Horseshoe Revue - See country bear Jamboree. We did enjoy Billy Hill and that still had good crowds so maybe it would work long term.
The fort on Tom Sawyer Island - Such a miss. My kids loved exploring WDW's fort, appeals to kids of all ages
Carousel of Progress - If they constantly updated the final scene, maybe.
Captain Hook’s Galley - Nope
Helicopter rides from the airport - No clue why this even made the list given all of the other things they could have added.

grnflash

COP, lord no. Please never, ever, ever come back in any iteration.

Put back the Peoplemover and call it a day. Though bonus points if they returned the previously mentioned SM speedramp. Return of the fort would be my trifecta.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom