8 hour flight to Orlando!!?

disneyfan123

Hello everyone i hope that you are all well.....

Anyway i only have 17 days to go till i am in the heart of Disney. i cannot wait... the only thing that i am worried about is the flight!

For all of you who fly to Orlando either from within the US or from the UK: what kind of things do you do to make the flight time pass quickly. I have an 8 hour flight to look forward to and on previous trips the time has just passed so slowly.

Has anyone got any ideas or tips on how to pass the time and stop me going mad with Disney fever????

I look forward to any replies and for those of you visiting Disney during the next couple of weeks have a fantastic time.

*only 17 days to go*
(so close and yet so far..i just need to get through my A Level exams and then the magic can begin......)
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

RogueHabit

Things I've tried and things I'm going to try.

Books
Every year for the past 4 years I have taken a book on the plane with me, not once have I managed to read more that 20 pages.

Sleep
Try to stay up all night the night before your flight, then you can just sleep the entire way there. I did this last trip and it was great. I woke up refreshed and ready to go and it sure help beat the jetlag!

Gameboy
I got a GBA for my Birthday and I'm taking some games to play.

Drink
You could just try gettng wrecked, but then they might kick you off the plane...

That's it, I'm outta ideas now. Have a great time. I have to wait another 31 days. :(

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

make lists. every time I go, when on the plane, I always make lists of things I want to do, places I want to eat etc...

then, I try to strike up convos with other people. I have met some really intersting people!

of course, this lasts me the 2 hour flight from chicago to olrando, but hey, it is 2 hours of 8!

and sleep. that is always a great idea!

Upvote 0

goonsquads57

I find that crossword puzzles can help pass the time. I don't think I could do xwds for eight hours though. But maybe an hour of this and an hour of that.... before you know it, you'll be landing!

Upvote 0

tenchu

Take a keep fit video with you,
And go for the burn!

I try to read, but it never workd very well.

Trying to work out what the food that they give you is, is always fun too!

Upvote 0

wbboy29

Howdy, I have about a 6-7 hr flight from Portland, Oregon to Orlando coming up this Wednesday. I dont' know if you have access to a laptop that you would want to bring, but I am taking mine to pass the time. I have stuff on it like Ultimate Ride, Roller Coaster Tycoon, MP3's, and it also has a DVD rom so that I can watch movies too. So I don't know if that would work for you but thats what I plan on doing to pass the time. Good luck and have a safe trip.

Norm:D

Upvote 0

s25843

Tips from a Frequent Flyer (I have logged 14,000 miles alone this year)

1. Laptop
Awalys use it to finish up stuff for work. Play Games. Watch DVDs(Only when in First Class)

2. Portable DVD Player
My Laptop has a DVD-ROM but a 15" Screen is too big for the econo class seats, so a smaller portable with a 9" screen is better

3. Books
Read Read Read

4. Sleep

5. Talk

Upvote 0

danamarie27

My daughter and I play I spy..but we kinda make it fun by changing to be like the game Guess Who?. We pick a person on the flight and desribe them (this can get hysterical) and the other has to guess who it is. Thanks god my daughter has the act of being descreet down...We started playing it when she was two and she said "I spy a big fat lady with pink shorts on" LOL the whole plane turned and looked at us.....:lol: :rolleyes: :lol: It's not nice to make fun of people I know, but she was two and didn't know any better. The poor woman in the pink shorts...I apologized a million time...the lady said "well it's not really a secret that I'm fat" ...I felt an inch tall....Still a fun game to pass time

Also....as everyone else has said..Read REad Read...and sleep IF YOU CAN!! Have a great trip..

Upvote 0

markymark

Who are you flying with, as Virgin, BA and certain Aitours flights have seat back TV's which usually have a decent selection of stuff to watch. 2 decent films takes up about 3 1/2 to 4 hours then an episdoe of Friends, Simpsons, etc thats about 5 or so gone, you will eat, have a stroll up and down a bit, before you know it you'll be there - honestly, it sounds like a bad thing flying for 8 hours, but before you know it you'll be there - HAVE FUN!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Yes, the films on Virgin are usually pretty good. Thinking about iot, I'm more concerned with how we're going to keep our kids occupied (6 & 1). Our 6 year old boy will probably be happy watching a movie, but I'm not sure about our 1 year old daughter.

Does anyone know if Virgin will show Spider-Man or AOTC???

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by Ratcat
Yes, the films on Virgin are usually pretty good. Does anyone know if Virgin will show Spider-Man or AOTC???

We flew British Airways (1999) - a list of films were on their website - try logging onto the Virgin Airways website OR calling customer relations

Films, sleep and eating - best things to do flying to Orlando

Upvote 0

WigglyWiggins

howdy all,
We go to flozza on the 5th of july so i too will be enduring the 8 hour flight.
I actually find the flight quite exciting, but it can get tedious at times. We always fly Virgin and they normally have an excellant array of films and Tv shows. on ur last flight we had a built in games console with our tv. This passed at least an hour. I normalle find it hard to read books on the palne but i think magazines are a lifesaver! they really pass the time.
My brother and i play cards on the plane to. Minimal bets help up the fun factor...however i was not too happy when last time i lost my dessert to him. and i was my favourite. The virgin food is really yummy too.
By the By if you fly Virgin you might find your planes are a bit different. My rents just flew to Hong Kong economy class and they had screens which only showed films but you could stop and start them as you wished. This i think is a good idea. They thought these planes would only be used on journeys to china and japan but the virgin people said they are introducing them to many different routes.???
I CANT WAIT!!!!!!
only 16 days!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Last year, we played "Who Wants to Win Disney Dollars? on the flight from Chicago. It took the whole flight for 6 people to answer their age/knowledge appropriate questions. My brother went through the A-Z book for Disney park and movie trivia questions and we had a ball. For the "phone a friend" thing we used "ask a fellow traveller" and also added "ask for a hint" for my niece. Passed the time well.

Upvote 0

WigglyWiggins

Last time we flew it went really quickly...maybe it was something to do with the fact i was sat right in the middle of the basingstoke ice hockey team......made a few friends that flight...;)

Upvote 0

light and magic

well, when I go to WDW, I keep myself busy with the inflight-entertainment. You can watch a movie ten times, or play some boring games, or you could take a nap and dream of WDW. I fly from Brussels and that's almost an 11 hour flight so I can understand that you get bored on the plane. BTW how's my English?:veryconfu

Upvote 0

MKCustodial

Things I've tried and things I'm going to try.

Books
Every year for the past 4 years I have taken a book on the plane with me, not once have I managed to read more that 20 pages.

Sleep
Try to stay up all night the night before your flight, then you can just sleep the entire way there. I did this last trip and it was great. I woke up refreshed and ready to go and it sure help beat the jetlag!

Gameboy
I got a GBA for my Birthday and I'm taking some games to play.

Drink
You could just try gettng wrecked, but then they might kick you off the plane...

That's it, I'm outta ideas now. Have a great time. I have to wait another 31 days. :(

Basically, I always do what Ratcat said except for the drinking thing... :rolleyes: From Brazil it's about 8 hours flight as well, but the flights are always at night, so it's a bit easier to fall asleep. Even though with all the excitement about beingon your way to WDW, it's really hard to sleep at all!

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by Nansafan
Last year, we played "Who Wants to Win Disney Dollars? on the flight from Chicago. It took the whole flight for 6 people to answer their age/knowledge appropriate questions. My brother went through the A-Z book for Disney park and movie trivia questions and we had a ball. For the "phone a friend" thing we used "ask a fellow traveller" and also added "ask for a hint" for my niece. Passed the time well.

oooo excellent! I am so doing this one next time!:wave:

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Originally posted by MKCustodial

Basically, I always do what Ratcat said except for the drinking thing... :rolleyes: From Brazil it's about 8 hours flight as well, but the flights are always at night, so it's a bit easier to fall asleep. Even though with all the excitement about beingon your way to WDW, it's really hard to sleep at all!
Yeah, I don't recommend the drinking one. We did that on our very first trip, before we had children to consider, but it backfired becasue we felt so bad the next day that we ended up sleeping off the hangover. NOT GOOD.:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Upvote 0

neilybealy

Yeah, I don't recommend the drinking one. We did that on our very first trip, before we had children to consider, but it backfired becasue we felt so bad the next day that we ended up sleeping off the hangover. NOT GOOD.:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

LOL

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom