8 days, what should I try at F&W?

8 days to go and I am growing excited about my trip!!!

So for anyone who has been to the Food and Wine Festival already this year, anything I absolutely have to try? I don't eat meat but I would love to try different drinks.

Any suggestions? :cool:

kal1484

Piedmont, in Italy, the Rosa Regale with the Chocolate Torte

Poland-Kiebasa and Piergoie. If you ask, you can get get two pierogies and no meat. Also try the potato pancakes.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
First I would suggest you get a guidebook for Food and Wine. The "greeting area" is on the left side of Innoventions (behind Ice Station Cool), which should have copies (its a nice little booklet). I would suggest you sit for a bit or study it while in line for Test Track (or whatever) to plan your menu.

Each kiosk has one or two hot entree's, beer or wine and a dessert. There are large pavilions at American Adventure (Sam Adams) and between Germany and China (Australian wines). If you do seafood, France has escargot and Coquille St. Jacques. Australia has shrimp on the barby and Canada and US have great soups (cheese and crab chowder).

Just some thoughts off the top of my head, but I have no doubt that there will be plenty there to your liking. Depending on your energy level, you can also take a nice walk around with a beverage or two for fortification, check out the offerings (each site has a little display of the food). And begin your grazing on the second go round. :slurp:

PS, just noticed your birthday as the day my wife and I were married, GOOD Day!

PPS: Here is a summary of the menu's from allearsnet so you can fully plan in advance:
http://allearsnet.com/tp/ep/fw04c.htm

Upvote 0

Sloan

so many good things ....

Just got back from four wonderful days at the Festival - incredible Party for the Senses, and one of the best meals I've ever had @ Jiko - AKL.

As for the festival, highlights you should try (depending on personal preferences, of course) include:

flourless chocolate hazelnut cake @ Piedmonte / Italy area

Cheddar crab cake @ America

Honey maple glaze salmon @ Canada

Serrano Ham & Manchego cheese on warm olive bread @ Spain

papas rellenas @ Peru

I'm sure you'll find many others that appeal to you. These are just some of my favorites .... :slurp:

Upvote 0

Mom's the word

Oh, the desserts! Don't miss baklava at the Greek pavilion, strawberry rice cream in Scandinavia, whiskey flan in Ireland, mango mousse in China and chocolate creme brulee in France. For drinks, I agree about the Banfi Rosa Regale in Italy, that stuff is fabulous. Also, the Lowenbrau and Stella Artois got great reviews from our group at the beer stand. Have fun, we ate our way "around the world" one afternoon and evening, it was the highlight of the trip.

Upvote 0

lamarvenoy

KevinPage said:
The ice wine in Canada, $4.50 per ounce, super sweet.

$50 per bottle if you love it that much :D

I've got a bottle in my rack and a bottle in the fridge, that is the sweetest most concentrated desert wine I've ever had. Them selling it for $50 a bottle is a good deal, I'd have to buy it by the case to get that price from my local ABC liquor. They sell the Inniskillin Ice Reserve 1999-00 for $64.99 and $58.99.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

Creme brulee in France, any of the wines in France, and the Irish creme drink at the Ireland kiosk(which I may warn had a "kick" to it...watched Illuminations with quite a buzz). :slurp: :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom