8/20/03 Trip Report

Just got back a few hours ago from Epcot! I rode Mission Space 5 times and LOVED IT! Now, I have to be honest, do I believe it was worth tearing down Horizons? No. BUT--definitely worth building.

I was somewhat disappoitned with the lack of attention-occupying material between video clips, but overall very pleased with the ride. Launch was totally awesome, and on the first time there were only 2 of us in the capsule so I got to push 2 extra buttons =)

My 2nd to last time on there I rode with some really obnoxious people---they made gunning noises during the asteroid part so I told a CM and they let me ride again & end my day on a happy note =) (Thanks to the M:S CM's, you rock!)

I got to see American Vybe, and I'm definitely auditioning for them next year. I bought their CD and highly recommend it.

I was very disappointed with Figment---IMO he was rude most of the time, and the ride felt like a "quick fix". Bring back Dreamfinder!

Overall a great one-day trip! Can't wait to go back!

Clemster

Hi foxfire,

Glad to see you enjoyed M:S, can't wait to try it in September!

It says in you profile you live 200 miles south of WDW, how long did it take you to get to WDW? Did you have to drive there and back in a day? If so it must be hard driving 200 miles after a day at WDW!

The Mom

Premium Member
I really don't want to answer for Foxfire, but as someone who lives 180 miles north of WDW, I can say that many people do take "day trips" to WDW. (but I'm not one of them ;) )

We travel interstates with mostly 65-70 MPH limits, which means the traffic is frequently moving at 80-85 MPH! The only real slowdown doesn't come until you hit Orlando.

On our next trip, we have a late check-out from the Swan, so will leave at 4PM, and be home by 7PM, at the latest. We'll leave home after work on our arrival date, but will most likely be there by 10, or earlier. (We hope to rent one of those surries on the Boardwalk and go gunning for drunks. :lol: JUST JOKING!)

BRER STITCH

Hey FOXFIRE! :wave:

Glad you had a good day at WDW!

How are the lines at Mission:SPACE these days?

Does it still feel like there is a "buzz" about the attraction among guests?

Is there any special signage or banners for M:S throughout Epcot or at the Park Entrance?

What were the FastPass time delays? Did FP "sell out"?

Thanks!

:)

foxfire

Original Poster
Originally posted by BRER STITCH
Hey FOXFIRE! :wave:

Glad you had a good day at WDW!

How are the lines at Mission:SPACE these days?

Does it still feel like there is a "buzz" about the attraction among guests?

Is there any special signage or banners for M:S throughout Epcot or at the Park Entrance?

What were the FastPass time delays? Did FP "sell out"?

Thanks!

:)

About the driving time -- usually takes me 2.5 - 3 hours tops, depending if I take I-4 or the Osceola Pkwy.

The buzz is hot, we were there @ 8:30 and when they dropped the ropes we all ran to M:S. Everyone was talking about it all day.

Didn't notice any special signage, just the new directory signs.

FastPasses were avl. most of the day, with the new times cycling every 30-60 minutes. I never waited more than 10 min. with a FastPass. Single riders ran btwn 30-60 and Standby 25-90 during the day. Only a few minor (I hope) technical delays, I think they only had 3 of 4 bays running that day. I left @ 5, and at that time it was in the last FastPass window.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom