8/16 Wand Update

Figment82

Original Poster
The other threads were starting to get a little cluttered, so I thought it was time for a new one. Here's the latest and greatest from Epcot (8/16):

DSCN2363.JPG

DSCN2362.JPG

DSCN2364.JPG

On a side note, IllumiNations was 30 minutes late last night - very strange...

WDWFREAK53

Wow...SSE looks naked now... :(

*runs away*

For the record...the above statement was sarcasm at its best. I am all for the wand removal and the rebirth of SSE. :wave:

WDW Monorail

Now what are those red and gold spots doing on top of the sphere? :shrug:

As for RoE, they've been having some technical difficulties lately with the Inferno Barge. I'm not sure what this particular delay was for.

goofyfan13

I love how the structure is now short enough that you can position yourself on the NE side of SSE and get a good picture without any visible wand remains. :D

Thanks for the update! :wave:

montyz81

Now what are those red and gold spots doing on top of the sphere? :shrug:

As for RoE, they've been having some technical difficulties lately with the Inferno Barge. I'm not sure what this particular delay was for.

The stars, hopefully they will be removed soon

EPCOT Explorer

Ah,SSE is finally free of any wand,hand or Icon Tower,for that manner.
*Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

I can't wait for the stars and crane to go down so we can se SSE in all it's unobstructed silvery glory!

ROE has had some problems for a while now,poor thing.Hope they fix it.Perhaps this means The Skydance is getting closer?

Figment82

Original Poster
Once the show started, it ran fine - Inferno barge, Earth globe, country launch fireworks, the whole nine yards. Guests were more than miffed though - most were crammed into the area between the Towers/Port of Entry shops - you could tell they had given up and started heading out when it started.

Then I saw these jerks who climbed up onto the Fountain of Nations stage to watch... :hammer:

paul436

Wow...SSE looks naked now... :(

*runs away*
I was showing my daughters (13, 10) the pictures of SSE without the wand and they were disappointed. Their first trip to WDW was in Sept. 2000 so they only remember SSE with the wand. Me too for that matter. That was also my first trip to EPCOT. So a wandless SSE is something new for me.

WDW Monorail

The stars, hopefully they will be removed soon
Oh okay. I thought that they were satins left by the cutting tool.
:rolleyes:

I was showing my daughters (13, 10) the pictures of SSE without the wand and they were disappointed. Their first trip to WDW was in Sept. 2000 so they only remember SSE with the wand. Me too for that matter. That was also my first trip to EPCOT. So a wandless SSE is something new for me.

My condolences.:D

Vernonpush

Thanks Figment82, your photos are wonderful. Your updates help brighten my days. Can't wait to see "the old SSE" in a few months in person.

Spyne

Thanks for the pics! Wow, Spaceship Earth is truly beginning to see its former glory again. :) Right now, I'll be happy once the stars are gone.

hrcollectibles

The other threads were starting to get a little cluttered, so I thought it was time for a new one. Here's the latest and greatest from Epcot (8/16):

DSCN2363.JPG

On a side note, IllumiNations was 30 minutes late last night - very strange...

Is it me or does the remaining part make it look like sse is on a launching pad

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom