CrashNet

Hmm...when was the last time you went? When I went back in late April they had bread pudding and grilled shrimp as an appetizer. Is that what you are thinking of?

Oh, and this is probably better suited for the Restaurants Forum. ;)

T-1MILLION

horizons1983 said:
Hello everyone. I need some help with this issue. Ohana used to be my favorite restaurant @ WDW but suddenly they have changed it where there are no more shrimp wontons or sprimp on the skewer. They also got rid of the banana bread. Now, I was told that recently things were brought back to normal @ Ohana. Does anyone know anyhting about the current state of this restaurant? Thanks!!!

Mike Tenuto

I feel your pain. OHANA WAS THE BEST PLACE I HAVE EATEN AT WDW hands down.....

I was really upset to hear they changed the menu to more basic and less apetizing things last year. Not sure if they changed it back or not but I would love to eat there again with the same stuff. That was a great resturant and worth every penny.

*fingers crossed that things are back to normal*

bgraham34

It was my favorite restaurant in the World. And now it is no longer my favorite. I still enjoy it but not my favorite.

ErickainPA

We ate at Ohana's for the first time in December.

The skewers now have: pork loin, beef, sausage, turkey (sausage was a little dry as was the turkey, but still all was good)

wonton chips w/ dipping sauce replacing bread. these were really good., not shrimp wontons though, just wontons.

They have shrimp w/pineapples and peppers, but it's an appetizer now instead of part of the main skewers. sort of like a shrimp sweet and sour, really yummy, little messy as the shrimp you need to peel

scalloped potatoes replaced the rice. These had great flavor to them

banana bread pudding w/ banana foster caramel sauce & big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. This was so yummy. And of course you could get more of anything you wanted.

EchoOfOphelia

Here is the menu as of April (according to AllEars menu lists)

Food Served Family Style

Adults $25.99; Children 3-9 $11.99
Includes coffee, tea and soda

5:00pm to 10:00pm

NOTE: ALTERNATIVE CHILDREN'S SELECTIONS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starters

Fried Wontons served with peanut sauce, chimichurri sauce and harissa
Mixed greens with a honey-lime dressing

Appetizers

Spicy-sweet and sour shrimp
Honey-coriander chicken wings

Skewers
Prepared over an oak fire

Marinated Sirloin Steak
Asian Barbecue Pork Loin
Mesquite Grilled Turkey
Hawaiian Pork-sausage with pineapple terriyaki glaze

Accompaniments

Maui Scalloped Potatoes
Stir-fried Vegetables

Dessert

'Ohana bread pudding a la mode with Bananas Foster Sauce

tirian

The shrimp is indeed still at 'Ohanas, but served as an appetizer. Don't forget that if you want more shrimp during your meal, just ask for it! Because you can request more food throughout your time there, I haven't found the menu changes to be nearly as dramatic as some naysayers claim. The new dessert, pineapple-infused bread pudding with bananas foster and vanilla ice cream, is delicious and beats the old "pineapple and caramel" dish any day!

'Ohana's changed a little bit, but the current menu is still fantastic. Try it!

shoppingnut

tirian said:
The new dessert, pineapple-infused bread pudding with bananas foster and vanilla ice cream, is delicious and beats the old "pineapple and caramel" dish any day!

:dazzle: Loses breath *faints*.

The pineapple with caramel was great for a number of reasons, first if you wanted to be healthy you could just eat the pineapple, second, cold pineapple with warm caramel sauce is sooo good and third it's very poly like.

TinkersBell

Go and give the new menu a try! We were old 'Ohana lovers and STILL love it! My DS even said he liked the new menu better! We will be dining there again this December.

tink rules

Can anyone check and see if you can still get the pineapple if you ask for it? I thought you could. I forgot to ask when I was there in Dec... Had to fight my mother for the banana pudding as they put the WHOLE thing down in front of her and she thought it was just hers

BRING THE PINEAPPLE BACK!!!!!!

Rayray

Banana bread? Are you talking about the pineapple Hawaiin bread?

Anywho, I think 'Ohana is still great. One sign of a great restaurant is an occasional menu change. I do miss the bread, but the bread pudding makes up for it.:slurp:

Craig & Lisa

I'm not a fan of bread pudding, give me the pineapple with the caramel dipping sauce anytime. :slurp::slurp::slurp: 44 days and counting till our second visit this year, NOT SOON ENOUGH!!!:D

THECARISMINE

:eek: They they changed it OMG noI was untold and now very very sad darn I loved the pinapple:cry: well in anycase I'll see if I still Love Ohanas when I get back:(

DisneyMarg

There have been several 'Ohana posts in the dining forum. There people are saying that you can still get the pineapple if you asked for it. Also the word is that the pineapple was replaced with bread pudding because too many people thought pineapple was not really a dessert - which became more of an issue with the dining plan, where dessert is explicitly included.

"Had to fight my mother for the banana pudding as they put the WHOLE thing down in front of her and she thought it was just hers"
That's pretty funny. On our last visit it seemed like the dishes to share were SO small and we were a party of six adults. The bread pudding really did look like one person's large dessert. We also had trouble getting refills. Maybe it was just a bad night.

Food was still delicious.

martaraepa

O'hana changes . . . Still muy bueno!!

Ok so I must respond to this because I am I think the biggest fan of O'Hana and was kinda disappointed in the changes but I am getting to like them more and more . . .

First, the shrimp wontons were my favorite but they had to get rid of them because the company they were ordering them from decided not to carry them anymore so if anyone ate there for like a month after the menu change they still had them until they ran out and now they are out for good. :( I only know this cause I was a cast member at the time of the menu change and everyone was asking!

Second, the bread pudding is really good, especially the bananas foster sauce, but the pineapple dipped in caramel was awesome too!! Plus, the pineapple served as an actual physical function as pineapple helps in digestion and makes you feel less bloated. Also something I know from working there! :p

Finally, I was a huge fan of the garlic and butter green beans and sadly they are gone now too but . . . The cheesy potatos have taken their place and let me tell you they are AMAZINGLY GREAT!!! I ate there not too long ago and between my boyfriend and I we ate 3 servings lol!

All in all, the menu changes are a little disappointing but in all fairness, the new things are pretty good and who knows . . . if enough people complain, maybe they will bring back some old favorites eventually and add them to the menu with the new choices!!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom