Trip Report 7 Night Northen Europe Finished

Howdy Y'all
It might be a little late but i thought i would share my latest cruise here as best as i can.

The where, Norway/Sweden/Amsterdam and Copenhagen. Sailing and returning to Dover.
Screenshot_20190729-100012~2.png

The who, Myself,Mrs Ferret
IMG_20190824_171815.jpg

and my parents.
1010957.jpg

All aboard the Disney Magic for a new adventure.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We had lunch at Cabanas ( ooh na na ) and spent some time in the afternoon relaxing and exploring the boat.
View attachment 440069
Main atrium decorated forr frozen night
View attachment 440070
Murial in the lift shaft
View attachment 440071
Deck 3 elevators outside the adult section.
View attachment 440072
Looking down past the shops to the Walt Disney theatre
View attachment 440073
View towards Rapunzel's royal table
View attachment 440074
Front of the ship where they store the anchor and ropes for docking.
View attachment 440075
Deck 4 running track @LAKid53

I'm familiar with that deck, but on the Dream and Fantasy.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Original Poster
The biggest problem with the tour was the tour guide we had. She spent more time conversing with the driver in Swedish than talking to the coach. We did put in a complaint to guest services when we were back on the boat to at least try and save someone else having a 💩 excursion.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Original Poster
When we woke up we decided that it was time to have Mrs Ferrets ankle properly looked at and headed to the hospital bay onboard after phoning and arranging an appointment.
After a full examination including two x-rays it was a severly sprained ankle.
Armed with an ankle support and more painkillers and cold packs we popped back to the stateroom to grab our packs and go for a slow walk around the port.

Oh and the bill was $290 😲

MinnieM123

Premium Member
When we woke up we decided that it was time to have Mrs Ferrets ankle properly looked at and headed to the hospital bay onboard after phoning and arranging an appointment.
After a full examination including two x-rays it was a severly sprained ankle.
Armed with an ankle support and more painkillers and cold packs we popped back to the stateroom to grab our packs and go for a slow walk around the port.

Oh and the bill was $290 😲

Whoa ... the bathroom floor had some water on it, and she slipped and fell. Why in heck are they charging you $290 for an on-board hazard, that was not her fault?!! :jawdrop: (Note: I'm not saying that some water on a bathroom floor is all that unusual, but in this particular instance where a guest falls on their wet floor, they should have absorbed the bill. In our litigious society, another guest may have sued them. Not saying I would have sued, but I definitely disagree with how they handled this.)

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Original Poster
Whoa ... the bathroom floor had some water on it, and she slipped and fell. Why in heck are they charging you $290 for an on-board hazard, that was not her fault?!! :jawdrop: (Note: I'm not saying that some water on a bathroom floor is all that unusual, but in this particular instance where a guest falls on their wet floor, they should have absorbed the bill. In our litigious society, another guest may have sued them. Not saying I would have sued, but I definitely disagree with how they handled this.)
Keep following is all i can say ...

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Original Poster
Once ashore we took a slow walk around the port . It is a quaint older town with parts still cobbles.
We may have had an icecream 😇 bit there is no photographic proof of that. We did some shopping and grabbed a Starbucks you are here mug before exploring around a small lake further into the town.
MVIMG_20190823_114849.jpg

Because i have the mental range of a five year old.
MVIMG_20190823_121813.jpg

MVIMG_20190823_123229.jpg

MVIMG_20190823_123445.jpg

Statues from around the lake
MVIMG_20190823_122258.jpg

The lake
MVIMG_20190823_123559.jpg

Looking back to the ship from outside Starbucks.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Original Poster
After lunch we did a bit more exploring and then headed back aboard as Mrs Ferret was getting tired .
She headed back to the cabin and i went to guest services to speak about the hospital bill.
MVIMG_20190823_160233.jpg

Random statue spotted whilst waiting in the queue.

When i spoke to the castmember about the fact that we had ended up with a sizable bill through no fault of our own, he couldnt find any bill on our onboard account. After checking when we had been seen he disappeared out the back to speak to his supervisor.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Original Poster
Upon his return he informed me that Disney had taken care of the bill the moment it hit their system ( the Hospital is run separate to DCL and has to issue a bill). They had tried contacting the stateroom straight away to let us know , so as to stop us worrying , but we had already gone ashore by this time. He was most apologetic and helpfull over the whole thing . They had made a log of the incident and gave us contact details to claim of any further treatment was needed after the cruise.
The staff were all incredible over the whole thing. Everyone from our stateroom host and his boss to our serving team in the restraunts and their boss were always offering assistance and help. Even the cruise director stopped by to check up on her.
We had a small gift that had been delivered whilst we were ashore feom the guest relations team.Dcl handled the whole thing fantastically and are looking into the cleaning procedures and even a remodel of washing facilities in the next dry dock.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom