7 for 4 extension anyone heard?

octoberbarry

Hi all,

Is there any buzz out there yet as to whether 7 for 4 will extend into the spring...like into April and May? Or is it just too early to tell? Anyone know anything? I did a search on here but found no other threads...apologies if this is elsewhere...

Boomdog15

Well, at the very worst, I suppose you can always book a 4 night stay. I mean, if it's a choice of only going for 4 nights vs not going at all, then I'd say if you can afford to pay for 7 nights for the price of 4, then you can afford 4 nights for the price of 4.

This is too difficult for us as we have to arrange flights as well. I will continue to visit this site and when it is extended I will do this....:eek: and then fire up the telephone.:)

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

I'll be interested to see what the economy has done to attendance over Thanksgiving week. When we were there for two weeks in June, the first one wasn't bad, but the second one was at the same time schools up north let out for the year, and things got a good deal busier. Even with the deals being offered, the projected crowd calendars aren't off the chain busy for Thanksgiving.....

I was there Thanksgiving week. Sunday the 22nd was awesome! Everything at Epcot was walk on. After that, all hell broke loose! :ROFLOL:Monday the 23rd crowds at MK were up in to the 60,000's...I even heard they had to close the turnstiles awhile it was SO packed! Which explains why we couldn't really get on to much of anything we wanted to without a huge wait....fastpasses were futile BUT we did get on Space Mountain so I was happy. As for the rest of the week, to include Thanksgiving, holy cow!!! IT WAS PACKED! We made the best of it though and had a great albeit very busy week! LOL

Upvote 0

lizseesghosts

:sohappy:What did the podcast say? I HOPE,HOPE,HOPE, its extended :)

Len didn't give a direct confirmation but he seemed to indicate that because of the economy the likelihood of them extending the deal was good. If anyone could predict it, I guess it would be him. Of course I could just be projecting my own hopes on this. I'm in the same boat you are, I'm trying to justify the cost of a long weekend in May (SWW), but if the offer extends, I will probably book a longer trip during my child's spring or summer break instead - might as well take advantage of the deal while I can!

Upvote 0

lizseesghosts

Bad News for Late 2010 Discounts

Uh-oh, this sort of contradicts my last post (eek)... just thought I'd share this story I just read on Bloomberg...

Disney to Curb Park Discounts as Economy Recovers (Update1)
Share Business ExchangeTwitterFacebook| Email | Print | A A A

By Andy Fixmer

Dec. 9 (Bloomberg) -- Walt Disney Co. expects to offer fewer discounts at U.S. theme parks in 2010 as the economy improves, according to Chief Executive Officer Robert Iger.
The world’s biggest theme-park operator has already reduced discounts from a year ago, Iger said today at a UBS AG investor conference in New York. Disney added promotions in November 2008 to attract visitors during the credit crunch.
“We will be able to continue to dial that back over the latter part of 2010,” Iger said, referring to discounts on hotel rooms, food and merchandise. “We are not making these commitments yet until we see the marketplace conditions.”
After previous recessions, Disney has scaled back the promotions, Iger said. Since last year, the company has offered free hotel nights and discounts on food and merchandise. The parks unit has reported four straight quarters of lower revenue and profit compared with year-ago periods.
Last month, Disney announced that Chief Financial Officer Tom Staggs and Jay Rasulo, head of the company’s parks, will swap positions in a move designed to bolster the experience of both executives. The switch takes effect at year end.
Disney, based in Burbank, California, rose 2 cents to $30.70 at 4:15 p.m. in New York Stock Exchange composite trading. The shares have gained 35 percent this year.

Upvote 0

Tigerfan

We were also there during Thansgiving week,very crowded this year.Last year wasn't near as crowded.The only thing I can figure was the free dining.We still had a blast the whole week.The only problem we had was Space Mountain was down multiple times,we only got to ride it once.

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Len didn't give a direct confirmation but he seemed to indicate that because of the economy the likelihood of them extending the deal was good. If anyone could predict it, I guess it would be him. Of course I could just be projecting my own hopes on this. I'm in the same boat you are, I'm trying to justify the cost of a long weekend in May (SWW), but if the offer extends, I will probably book a longer trip during my child's spring or summer break instead - might as well take advantage of the deal while I can!

Bob Iger actually came out earlier this week and stated that eventually WDW would have to end the promotions, but didn't give a time frame for when that would be happening (there's another board discusssion about his announcement out there). So, I could see them extending the promotions through the end of their current fiscal year (which either ends in August or September).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom