7 days with an 5 and 3 year old

Gentieno

Dear forum users,

I am going to Orlando with my wife and two kids, 3 and 5 year old, from october 16th till 25th. We booked an 7 day magic base card for WDW. Ofcourse e want to make our stay as magical as possible with the kids and also for us. Weve been to the world 3 times before so we know what to expect. Do you guys have any advice for us? Will they enjoy, Soarin and BTMR or other big attractions?

The planning is:
2 times animal kingdom (Maybe 3)
2 times DHS (Maybe 1)
2 times magic kingdom (Maybe 1)
1 time EPCOT (Maybe 2)

Hope to get some nice from the hardcore Disney fans or other parants who went with kids from the same age?

Thanks in advance, Dennis

KCheatle

I have an 7 yo and a 3 yo and we're staying 8 days/7 nights (but really a 1/2 day - 6 days - and another 1/2 day). My schedule is:

(1) arrive 1:30 - MK for a few rides
(2) MK
(3) Epcot
(4) WL/MK - have MNSSHP that night late, so chill during the day at hotel
(5) AK
(6) HS
(7) Open day for whatever kids want - Dinner at Epcot
(8) Prob MK, but open for whatever kids want - leave WL at 12:30

Upvote 0

ladydi

I took my twin boys at age 5 and my daughter was 3. She loved BTM-but her brothers did not! 1 meter is about 39 inches so hopefully your youngest will be able to get on rides. We were there 6 days and spent 3 at MK. Kids kept wanting to go back there. I agree with others. I think 1 day is enough at DHS and 1 day at Epcot is fine at their ages. A lot will depend on how adventurous your kids are. My boys were pretty timid. We actually watched YouTube videos of the rides before we went. Of course, fast forward 7 years and they all have turned into thrill riders!

Upvote 0

Gentieno

Original Poster
How crowded is the MK on the day there is MNSHP? SHould you go to another parc during the day because a lot of people who will be there in the evening are there during the day as well? Or is the parc less crowded during the day?

Hope to hear your experience with it!

Upvote 0

luv

There will be many people in the MK, starting at about 4 p.m. Some say that the park is more empty on MNSSHP mornings than other days. I don't know. I haven't been to enough of them to make any comparisons.

Upvote 0

Tom 55

Dear forum users,

I am going to Orlando with my wife and two kids, 3 and 5 year old, from october 16th till 25th. We booked an 7 day magic base card for WDW. Ofcourse e want to make our stay as magical as possible with the kids and also for us. Weve been to the world 3 times before so we know what to expect. Do you guys have any advice for us? Will they enjoy, Soarin and BTMR or other big attractions?

The planning is:
2 times animal kingdom (Maybe 3)
2 times DHS (Maybe 1)
2 times magic kingdom (Maybe 1)
1 time EPCOT (Maybe 2)

Hope to get some nice from the hardcore Disney fans or other parants who went with kids from the same age?

Thanks in advance, Dennis

Some of the rides have height minimums. Our 4 year old grandson was not able to go on soaring or test track. He was just a fraction short. We got him bigger sneakers so he was big enough.

Upvote 0

ladydi

We usually avoid the MK in the afternoon of the party. It closes early for nonparty guests and we didn't like the feeling of being herded out.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Looks good, although I'd swap one of your AK days for more Epcot or MK time.

My family (kids 4 and 6) had trouble finding things to do at AK for more than half of a day. We could have stretched it out to a full day by seeing every show and doing the character meet-and-greets, but there'd have been nothing new to do on a second visit.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Thanks for the fast advice.

I love magic kingdom as wel. We want to start in that park and end with it. Animal kingdom i just love, i know there are people who say one day is enough but i like it a lot. It is up to me to makne the choiches but it is hard!

Like i said we ve been in the world before, thats two years ago my daughter was 2,5 and my son 0,5 years. I made i video of that trip and they just love the dvd. They want to see it everyday and they do not even know that we are going! They love the finding nemo show!!!!!!! And the magic kingdom parade and block buster and HS. As soon as my son hears the music of the parade (almost 3 now) he starts dancing! I think whatever we choose they will enjoy. I find it difficult to make choiches because i just love Disney! I like to stay 3 days in magic kingdom! But i have got to skip an other day of the other parcs. I personnally think EPCOT is the least joyable, sorry guys. It is nice but has the least Disney feeling in my opinion, thats why i wnat to go 1 day.

I personally hope they enjoy rides like BTMR and soarin! Some one experience with young children in those atractions?

If someone has tips please feel welcome to post.

Btw sorry for the english, i am from the Netherlands!

Dennis

How tall is your 3 year old?? There is a height requirement for Soarin'... Just saying :)

Upvote 0

Gentieno

Original Poster
My son is 1 meter now and we have 2 months to go. SO i hope he is tall enough!

We will see what the planning is going to be. We both like animal kingdom and we walk very slow with the kids and sit a lot. We must make choiches and thats difficult. Weve been 4 times to the parcs in total 24 days, so we know the parcs a little bit. Personally i think they love AK but maybe i am wrong. But tips are Always welcome!

Others have experience with MK during the day while in the night is MNSHP? Is it busy or not?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom