scottnj1966

rmp_king said:
Splash mountain is awesome! I was so nervous the first time I rode it and still get nervous but I love it! Maybe you can help me with a similar issue...
I've never been on Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. How bad are these? I've never been on a roller coaster that goes upside down. Last time I went to MGM I was determined to go on ToT but I chickened out (my parents weren't exactly enthusiastic about going on it either). Is it really as bad as it looks? hehe Thanks

Rockin Roller coaster is pretty intense. 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds.
Coaster people think it is kinda tame but someone that thinks Space Mountain or Big thunder is more then enough for them may not want to ride it.

You really cant tell much what your doing on Rockin Roller coaster since it is very dark. It is a very fun fast ride. You are missing a thrill.
I was scared to death the first time but we went right back on it!!!

ToT. I was white as a ghost when I got off that one. But after the first time you know what it is all about and it gets better and more fun the more times you go one.
This ride is more then a bunch of drops. It is very cool.

TOT.

figmentmom

rmp_king said:
Splash mountain is awesome! I was so nervous the first time I rode it and still get nervous but I love it! Maybe you can help me with a similar issue...
I've never been on Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. How bad are these? I've never been on a roller coaster that goes upside down. Last time I went to MGM I was determined to go on ToT but I chickened out (my parents weren't exactly enthusiastic about going on it either). Is it really as bad as it looks? hehe Thanks

Rock'n'roller Coaster is TERRIFIC (and over so fast that you'll be ready to ride again immediately) :lol: ToT is MUCH scarier for me...probably because the theming really builds up that anticipation.

diddy_mouse

I gotta say I was really nervous the first time I rode Splash Mtn. I got such an icky feeling in my stomach going down the second to last and the final drop. But I ended up having a good time in the end. Recently when I rode it, I built up anticipation in the queue but when we hit the drops, I was totally fine. I bought myself a shirt in the gift shop because I was so happy the nervous feeling in my stomach didn't come back. :lol:

d'Isigny

rmp_king said:

Rockin' Rollar Coaster is pretty intense in the beginning because of the G Force (in the dark) as you go through the cork screw. You, of course, are not aware of the cork screw because it is dark. A few seconds...it's over and the rest of the ride is pretty cool. You'll find yourself saying..."that wasn't so bad."

Tower of Terror...it's the drops that get you. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't KEEP dropping you. It could be 3 times...it could be five. I couldn't wait till it was over.

If you don't like drops...don't go on this thing they call a ride.

elle72688

Another thing that might help you prepare for Splash would be to google for a video and view that...I know it helped a friend of mine who was nervous about riding when she could "preview" it through a video.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom