60 Day Fastpass Window for Offsite Hotels

matt9112

It HAS been fixed-you can only use fastpasses from tickets that were used to enter a park that day. There is a possible "loophole" on this though, and any savvy MDE user could figure it out.
The rolling 60 day window from an onsite reservation continues through the end of the onsite reservation.

if you have a family of say 6 and you all have APs but just you and your son go...book FPs for all 6 for different rides individually use the allotted passes you have for the two of you than modify the other 4 pass holders reservations to change the party to yourself and they never enter park and you just fast passed every ride with a line.

#fix it.

monykalyn

if you have a family of say 6 and you all have APs but just you and your son go...book FPs for all 6 for different rides individually use the allotted passes you have for the two of you than modify the other 4 pass holders reservations to change the party to yourself and they never enter park and you just fast passed every ride with a line.

#fix it.
Oh I know...Like I said possible loophole.Although without onsite reservation FP window is 30 days anyway. Loopholes with the reservation system too (and not talking about booking and canceling a room either)....

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
i want to cash checks.....nobody ever lets me cash checks.
1y5pdn.jpg

Herah

Oh, I don't know... I've never had any issues on the Amazon website, no matter whether I've just been browsing or actually buying. Disney, on the other hand, routinely serves up "Someone ate the page!" right in the middle of browsing and buying... it's why I won't bother trying to book online any more.
ETA: Here's an example...
Amazon is not a good example of a typical e-commerce website. It's extraordinary. Seven years ago, Anonymous couldn't take it down. Today they sell their infrastructure to other companies, both as an e-commerce provider and a general cloud service provider. No company that's rolling their own will match it.

DisneyJoe

Amazon is not a good example of a typical e-commerce website. It's extraordinary. Seven years ago, Anonymous couldn't take it down. Today they sell their infrastructure to other companies, both as an e-commerce provider and a general cloud service provider. No company that's rolling their own will match it.
Agreed! but if Disney wanted to they could build on top of Amazon's services and benefit from it - many large enterprises do. Netflix, GE, Kellogg's, Adobe, Airbnb, Lyft, McDonald's and many others.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There’s a lot of space on the scale between Disney’s websites and Amazon. It would have been nice if they at least moved things in the right direction when they spent a billion+ on nextgen.

awilliams4

#fix it.
Anyone know for sure that this is being tried recently and it is not causing your MDE from being locked out?

matt9112

Anyone know for sure that this is being tried recently and it is not causing your MDE from being locked out?

i only know because an AP holder i know did this Saturday. however there is a caviot i didn't mention the fast passes were all at different parks so 3 per guest at three parks in this case.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I think a better idea would be to let them make FPs at 45 days. Better than other non Good Neighbor motels but not as good as on site. As others have said, when you eliminate the perks of staying on property the lower price of off site motels begin to look better.

Well said. I agree

awilliams4

i only know because an AP holder i know did this Saturday. however there is a caviot i didn't mention the fast passes were all at different parks so 3 per guest at three parks in this case.
Interesting. My guess, Disney shut down their main pain in the rear which was the tour guides selling FPs with SDFP using old media. Their crack down closed that loophole but decided that the customer service issues that Change Party accommodates outweigh the negatives of those exploiting this loophole by having multiple valid tickets and using CPFP+ to get extra FP for themselves.

rd805

Then I wish Disney's response to this would be to automatically cancel the FPs and deactivate the Magic Bands of anyone who cancels a reservation. That makes far more sense to me than making it harder for onsite guests to get their desired FPs. :mad:

Or Charge cancel fees...

rd805

Oh, I don't know... I've never had any issues on the Amazon website, no matter whether I've just been browsing or actually buying. Disney, on the other hand, routinely serves up "Someone ate the page!" right in the middle of browsing and buying... it's why I won't bother trying to book online any more.
ETA: Here's an example...

Too True -- as a Disney Travel Agent myself, the website acts up every.single.day.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I read they even had issues tying the reservations back to specific active park tickets. Apparently some scammers were booking extra FP reservations using additional tickets that they didn’t even use to enter the park. For example, an AP holder also has a 1 day ticket. They book 3 FPs with their AP and 3 FPs with their additional 1 day ticket. On the day they enter the park they use the AP but the 1 day ticket is not used and they use all 6 fast passes while in the park. If you make and cancel a hotel reservation too you can book all 6 at 60 days out. No wonder it’s so hard to get certain FPs even at 60 days out. It would be nice if they could fix that loophole by linking the reservations directly to a ticket media and not allowing them to be used unless that ticket was actually used at the front gate first.

For the hotel reservations they should just have a way within your MDE account to switch the hotel reservation number used to book the FPs. If you switch your hotel reservation with Disney it should automatically update with the new reservation number in your MDE account linked to your FP reservations. If you cancel a hotel reservation without making a new one you should get a notification that says your have 48 hours to enter a new valid reservation number or your FP reservations will all be cancelled. End of scam.

They caught that.

Rumrunner

The site that shall not be named is reporting that WDW is going to extend the 60 day window beyond the Swan and Dolphin and include a select number of Good Neighbor hotels, including those on Hotel Plaza Blvd. They're saying expect every hotel in Disney Springs on Hotel Plaza to be included, along with several other Good Neighbor hotels.

If true, this seems like a dumb idea by Disney. They've taken one of the largest on-site incentives and removed it. If it's true, it will make me take another look at the Disney Springs hotels for sure (as we don't fly and have AP's so we don't need Magical Express and already have magic bands).
This would be very unfair to those paying extra to stay on site and having that 60 day window as a perk. Again if this is true Disney either doesn't care about its patrons, is making a poor decision, or both.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This would be very unfair to those paying extra to stay on site and having that 60 day window as a perk. Again if this is true Disney either doesn't care about its patrons, is making a poor decision, or both.

Two months ago, all the rooms of Disney were practically booked for the first week of December. For that week, I'll be staying at a the Hilton because of that. Disney doesn't have enough rooms and are turning away guest who want to book there, and because the guests can't, the guests don't have the privilege of paying more for a room than it would deserve for the perks you get with a Disney room.

Extending the perks to the Good Neighbor hotels by DS is an excellent idea. It gives guests staying on Disney property (the hotels there are physically on Disney property) access to those perks. It's sort of like WDW being able to expand the number of their hotel rooms to fit the demand. WDW has a whole slew of new resorts planned for all those extra guests... but they're certainly not going to be built before the SWGE crush.

And Dizney iz a biznezz. Because the Good Neighbor resorts are on Disney Property they pay a hefty rent and property tax to WDW/RCID. Having them full rather than all the other local hotels is good for WDW.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Two months ago, all the rooms of Disney were practically booked for the first week of December. For that week, I'll be staying at a the Hilton because of that. Disney doesn't have enough rooms and are turning away guest who want to book there, and because the guests can't, the guests don't have the privilege of paying more for a room than it would deserve for the perks you get with a Disney room.

Extending the perks to the Good Neighbor hotels by DS is an excellent idea. It gives guests staying on Disney property (the hotels there are physically on Disney property) access to those perks. It's sort of like WDW being able to expand the number of their hotel rooms to fit the demand. WDW has a whole slew of new resorts planned for all those extra guests... but they're certainly not going to be built before the SWGE crush.

And Dizney iz a biznezz. Because the Good Neighbor resorts are on Disney Property they pay a hefty rent and property tax to WDW/RCID. Having them full rather than all the other local hotels is good for WDW.
This makes some sense but the more people who are entitled to a perk like this the less value it has for everyone. How many rooms do the Good Neighbor hotels have in total? Right now people staying in Disney hotels are having a hard time getting certain FP reservations right at 60 days. This will make that a lot worse. The front of the line perk at Universal works really well because it’s limited to a much smaller number of total guests.

On the business side, the priority for Disney is 1) on property 2) good neighbor 3) other hotels or day guests. By extending tnis benefit to option 2 they may fill more of those rooms with people in option 3 but at least some of the rooms will be filled with people from option 1. They would need to understand how much this would canabalize existing hotel room sales to determine if it’s worth doing economically.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This makes some sense but the more people who are entitled to a perk like this the less value it has for everyone. How many rooms do the Good Neighbor hotels have in total? Right now people staying in Disney hotels are having a hard time getting certain FP reservations right at 60 days. This will make that a lot worse. The front of the line perk at Universal works really well because it’s limited to a much smaller number of total guests.

On the business side, the priority for Disney is 1) on property 2) good neighbor 3) other hotels or day guests. By extending tnis benefit to option 2 they may fill more of those rooms with people in option 3 but at least some of the rooms will be filled with people from option 1. They would need to understand how much this would canabalize existing hotel room sales to determine if it’s worth doing economically.

The rides that go right at 60 days is, AFAIK, now only FoP. At 30 days, only 7DMT and FEA are additionally fully booked.

I don't know how much more adding in the Good Neighbors will fill out FP for the 31-60 crowd. I guess we'll see (if this rumor be true).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom