60 Day Fastpass Window for Offsite Hotels

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Is there a reason only these ones are getting it? Why not the Clarion Inn lake Buena Vista (was planning on staying there on my next trip) even though it's also a good neighbor hotel?

Edit: i wonder how they'll verify if I have the right to earlier FP+ if I stay on one of these but bought my tickets through disney and not the hotel
Not sure of the reason but I am assuming that particular hotel didn't meet whatever requirements Disney had to qualify.

Lirael

Not sure of the reason but I am assuming that particular hotel didn't meet whatever requirements Disney had to qualify.

I thought it might have to do with shuttle times, but Clarion has early Disney shuttles. Not expensive enough I'm guessing. But I thought Holiday Inn's price wasn't too different from Clarion, guess not.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I wonder if Disney owned properties might be getting an even earlier start date for FP booking. For example, maybe Disney resort guests get a 120 day window, the preferred property guests get a 60 day window, and all other guests get a 30 day window.
I didn't see any mention of that, I would have expected that news to be covered in the release that came out this morning

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They are all serviced by their own bus system. I think one route serves half of the hotels and the other route goes to the other half. From what I recall, it wasn't very frequent like the WDW bus system, more like twice an hour type deal. At least that is how it was when I stayed at the Holiday Inn back in 2010. No idea if its the same now.

This is indeed the case. They promise the shuttles come "every 30 minutes." You can never get an exact time.

Bus Line A serves half the DS Hotels and Line B the other half. Each shuttle stops at two parks. So, if you take the shuttles round trip, at some point going or coming, you'll be stopping at a park you don't want to go to and the other hotels you aren't staying at.

Rental car is the best option for all of these properties, but you will pay a nightly parking fee for those hotels.

If you don't want to pay the parking fees, then taking Uber (or the cab of your choice) will be your second best option by a country mile.

One exception may be the Hilton next to Disney Springs. You can walk across the street to the Disney buses.

DS buses don't go to the parks. The park buses do go to DS after 4 PM.

The walk to and from DS can be anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes depending on the hotel and how fast you walk.

I've found Ubering in the morning to the park and taking the DS bus back 'home' works best.

DisneyDreamer08

This is indeed the case. They promise the shuttles come "every 30 minutes." You can never get an exact time.

Bus Line A serves half the DS Hotels and Line B the other half. Each shuttle stops at two parks. So, if you take the shuttles round trip, at some point going or coming, you'll be stopping at a park you don't want to go to and the other hotels you aren't staying at.

DS buses don't go to the parks. The park buses do go to DS after 4 PM.

The walk to and from DS can be anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes depending on the hotel and how fast you walk.

I've found Ubering in the morning to the park and taking the DS bus back 'home' works best.

I always find myself looking into the Disney Springs hotels but we've never stayed in any. The location and prices are always so intriguing. Good suggestion about taking the bus back to DS later in the day. From my brief research on the buses, the main complaint seems to be that it can be hard to arrive at a park prior to rope drop. Because of the start time, and multiple stops, most of the time the buses arrive right at opening. Again, just from what I've read, this can be especially true for MK as the buses drop off at the TTC and then you have to take the monorail into the park. Of course correct me if I'm wrong :)

DisneyJoe

FYI, from what I have gathered, all of the resorts listed, no matter how they are booked, are getting EMH in 2018, however, in order to get 60-day FP+, they will need to book a package through the Walt Disney Travel Company. TA's have a webinar this afternoon where we should be getting information on these changes.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
FYI, from what I have gathered, all of the resorts listed, no matter how they are booked, are getting EMH in 2018, however, in order to get 60-day FP+, they will need to book a package through the Walt Disney Travel Company. TA's have a webinar this afternoon where we should be getting information on these changes.
I have heard the same. Hopefully they will answer some additional questions I have and more specifics.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Keep us updated, please. If what was reported is true, that will take away the incentive (other than transportation) to stay on property.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Update #2 -

Resort Fees included in quoted price through the WDW site. Parking of course is extra.

MagicBands NOT included much like the Swan and Dolphin

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Update #2 -

Resort Fees included in quoted price through the WDW site. Parking of course is extra.

MagicBands NOT included much like the Swan and Dolphin

Disney hotels are the exception to the charging of resort fees and paying for resort parking, so that's not surprising.

Tom P.

This won't change my family's decision-making process about where to stay. We stay at Disney resorts because we like staying at Disney resorts. The perks are just extras. But I would imagine this will drive a portion of guests to these non-Disney hotels. Disney must be confident that the occupancy levels at their resorts will remain high and are now trying to drive more traffic to the other on-property resorts they don't own. Otherwise, this would be quite a gamble.

homerdance

A few other notes about the DS (formally DTD) hotels...
  • They don't drop at the MK bus stop, they drop at the TTC, so you get to ride the monorail/ferry to MK.
  • Bus transportation is generally 1/2 hour apart, but is better in the AM.
  • Certain hotels (Hilton/Lake buena vista/ (frmly Grosvenor) are really the only walk-able from either SSRS or DS.
  • They don't offer on site daily character meals, and don't accept the DDP (unless it will change)
  • They are paying for this service for their guests, so the rates will most likely go up to cover their costs.
  • As of now, you have to book via the WDWTC to get the 60+ FP+ window as it requires a WDWTC Confirmation#.
This is honestly a good move, allows Disney to monetize some of the frugal vacation seekers. I also think there will be minimal change in the 60+ window, and would expect to see a few rules added to prevent cancellation of off site rooms between 60 and day of arrival for FP+ reservations only.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom