6 cool Counter Service Restuarants?

jandcprince

Original Poster
Hello

We are going to Disney with two girls ages 4 and 5 the last week of september. We have the free dining and have picked and reserved the sit down meals, but are looking to see what they would enjoy for the6 counter service options. We are looking for something "fun" that they would like while eating

Thanks

mouselvrmom

One option would be Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in MK. It has a lot of variety to eat and then you can sit and watch Sonny Eclipse perform. He's an alien animatronic that sings and does a corny stand up routine. My kids really like it.

RiversideBunny

For counter service, there's leeway since reservations are not needed, so it works out that you can just see what everyone is hungry for and then go to the place that has that type of food.
They will probably like helping pick the place and it will add to the fun.
Flexibility is the real advantage with the counter service credits in the DDP.

Good luck.
:king:

jesserin

Hmmmmm....

My favorites would be:

Casey's Corner in MK - the kids will get a kick out of the black and white old cartoons that play on a big screen in the dining area - and if you choose to eat outside, you'll be treated to some of the best piano talent on Disney property! (They have huge hotdogs, corndogs and yummy fries)

Sunshine Seasons in Epcot - There's something for every appetite here... you'll have a HUGE variety all under one roof so the whole family can pick their favorites... (Don't miss out on the butterfinger cheesecake for dessert!)

Flame Tree BBQ in AK - Yummy ribs and bbq sandwhiches, with baked beans and corn on the cob - a nice change from your standard burger and fries.

Earl of Sandwhich in DTD - We go here many many times on every trip - I love the tomato soup with chunky croutons - and their sandwhiches are deli style with a twist. Very very good.

(A couple of snack credit ideas - the cheesy pretzels (spicy or sweet) in Tomorrow Land are my FAVORITE!) You can also get a frozen coke there if you want to go all out. :D

eroyee

toy story pizza planet at MGM. Pizzasafari in AK. Cosmic Rays cafe in MK. there are a few I think kids would enjoy.......

Kristamouse

We will be there around the same time as well. My kids are 2 and 3 and we all love Columbia Harbor House. It is pretty large and a very cool inside and great place to chill for awhile. We get they same 1/2 sandwich and soup, Clam Chowder. I have heard the upstairs has nice views but have never been, can't take the double stroller up. They kids eat the fingers and fries and get mickey shaped oyser crakers. It is right between Liberty Square and Fansty Land.
We also really like Pinnocco's Village Haus(SP?) in FL. great itlian sub and pizza for the kids. Part of the resturant looks over the Small World take off point. My kids kept waving to every passing boat.
Have fun!!!

Glasgow

We love Yakitori House at Japan. Nice scenery, lots of trees, and a cool little fish pond on the walk up. I think the amount of food you get actually makes it a decent deal too!

yeti

I would go to the Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace. Oh, wait, its gone.

Just to hint on another one of those "Disney Mistakes" (ex. Stitch) :fork:

gotribe07

I would go to the Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace. Oh, wait, its gone.

Just to hint on another one of those "Disney Mistakes" (ex. Stitch) :fork:

Oh wow

You're the first person ive seen that actually liked the "Noodle Station" :lookaroun

AEfx

I'd say for kids the fun places are :

MK:
Cosmic Ray's (Cosmic Ray, an AA, gives performances every few minutes in one of the dining rooms)

Epcot:
Sunshine Seasons has a fabulous variety and will be a welcome change from the burger-fries-pizza-chickenstrips of most CS. (Located in The Land)

MGM :
Toy Story Pizza Planet - WDW doesn't do great Pizza, but it's an incredibly fun atmosphere. CS at MGM is tepid at best, and this is one of the better choices.

AK:
I prefer Restaurantosarus, but it's pretty standard burger fare. However, if your girls enjoy McDonald's fries or nuggets the "official" ones are available here and that can be a nice comfort treat.

Hope this helps!

AEfx

Tinkerbella16

MK: Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, Columbia Harbour House, or Pecos Bills

Epcot: Electric Umbrella or American Adventure pavilion

MGM: Backlot Express, ABC Commissary

AK: Flame Tree BBQ

DTD: We only do DTD in the evening to shop & relax from our day at the parks. So we usually just go to Giradelli's for ice cream...sooo good!

go3epcot

In Animal Kingdom I suggest Flametree BBQ and Pizzafari, in Magic Kingdom go with Cosmic Ray's and Columbia House, Epcot has any of the countries and Sunshine Season for their wide selections, but I struggle to recommend any counter service at Disney/MGM Studios.

DivineMadness7

Columbia Harbor House is a personal fav, for a little bit of variety and for sentimental reasons. You may wanna check out allears.net for the menus. That's what I've been doing, since I'm a pretty picky eater. That way I can plan by what area of a park I'm in, where my best bet will be. So I sorta semi-plan ahead.

Hurricane

We will be there around the same time as well. My kids are 2 and 3 and we all love Columbia Harbor House. It is pretty large and a very cool inside and great place to chill for awhile. We get they same 1/2 sandwich and soup, Clam Chowder. I have heard the upstairs has nice views but have never been, can't take the double stroller up. They kids eat the fingers and fries and get mickey shaped oyser crakers. It is right between Liberty Square and Fansty Land.
We also really like Pinnocco's Village Haus(SP?) in FL. great itlian sub and pizza for the kids. Part of the resturant looks over the Small World take off point. My kids kept waving to every passing boat.
Have fun!!!

The upstairs at CHH is one of the best kept secrets on property. Very few know about it and fewer realize that the walkway passes right under the dining room. One of the few places I've found that is reasonably quiet no matter how bad the crowds.

Yellow Shoes

I would add another vote for Yakitori in Japan.

My kids LOVED the teriyaki chicken with rice.

It's a great change from fingers and fries, and will make Mom feel better that they are consuming something that isn't fried.

The tables overlook a koi pond and the wonderful gardens. It's a very pleasant place to stop.

Cinderella1976

I have three girls and they seemed to like Casey's Corner & Pecos Bills at the Magic Kingdom, American Advenure Pavillion at Epcot, Backlot Express at MGM, and Tusker House at Animal Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom