56 Days out for last stay for the foreseeable future

Willmark

Original Poster
As the title says 56 days to go for the last stay for quite some time.

Reasons? Kids activities are getting really intense between scouts and sports and the fact we go while the school year is in session. To say nothing of the continual cost hikes which are really making us pause. I can get better return on my vacation dollar than from the mouse IMO.

This time were staying at Yacht Club for 8 days in early December. Fast pass window opened up on Friday. Despite me booking right at 7:00 am start time? Flights of Passage and Slinky Dog nearly booked. Here's hoping that its not going to be swamped.

This is our 5th trip as a family so we know the drill and we always have a very good daily plan. I've been researching the time of the year since March when we booked and am well versed in what to expect via the crowd predictors but I have an unsettled feeling its going to be far busier than we would like.

the_rich

I went that time last year and I didn't find it that crowded. Rides like frozen and FOP had long waits but generally everything else was 30 min or less.

StarshipDisney

We are currently 53 days out. When I did our FPs at 7:00 am last Tuesday, the MDE software was very frustrating and kept giving me an Olaf Character error page. This went on for almost an hour before the site started to work. Did finally get FOP FPs for days 65 (65 days out) and 67 as well as an SDD FP for Day 66. I don't see how anyone not a Disney guest with the FP+10 capability can get any FOP or SDD FPs.

Last went in first week of December back in 2007. That trip was beyond wonderful and the only ride we waited on was SOARIN at EPCOT. I hear this trip will be much worse crowd wise...but guess not much choice except to go find out. Hope both our trips go well.

Willmark

Original Poster
I don't see how anyone not a Disney guest with the FP+10 capability can get any FOP or SDD FPs.
I’m very curious about this myself.

I’ve wondered if they have “blocks” of FP+ for the 60 day and 30 day marks. It wouldn’t make sense or be a good deal for those staying in prem if that was indeed the case.

LUVofDIS

I don't see how anyone not a Disney guest with the FP+10 capability can get any FOP or SDD FPs.

My sister and Nephew went in May, it was a last minute decision, and they were able to score (2) FP's for FoP. The park was fairly busy. They decided the night before and got them. The next day they decided to go to MK. He was not so lucky for Seven Dwarfs, they ended up waiting around forty minutes at the end of the night. They were able to get a Be Our Guest reservation.

Willmark

Original Poster
My sister and Nephew went in May, it was a last minute decision, and they were able to score (2) FP's for FoP. The park was fairly busy. They decided the night before and got them. The next day they decided to go to MK. He was not so lucky for Seven Dwarfs, they ended up waiting around forty minutes at the end of the night. They were able to get a Be Our Guest reservation.
I’m sure it might be possible I just don’t think it’s probable.

StarshipDisney

All I can say is that at the 60-day mark of my vacation, there were absolutely no FOP FPs available until Day 64 of my trip. I would have to guess they got lucky and that getting an FOP FP at the last moment will be the exception and not likely to happen often.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
As the title says 56 days to go for the last stay for quite some time.

Reasons? Kids activities are getting really intense between scouts and sports and the fact we go while the school year is in session. To say nothing of the continual cost hikes which are really making us pause. I can get better return on my vacation dollar than from the mouse IMO.

This time were staying at Yacht Club for 8 days in early December. Fast pass window opened up on Friday. Despite me booking right at 7:00 am start time? Flights of Passage and Slinky Dog nearly booked. Here's hoping that its not going to be swamped.

This is our 5th trip as a family so we know the drill and we always have a very good daily plan. I've been researching the time of the year since March when we booked and am well versed in what to expect via the crowd predictors but I have an unsettled feeling its going to be far busier than we would like.
It's a bit bittersweet, isn't it? We're in nearly the same boat, with us recently returning from what will likely be our last family trip. It was a good trip, and leaves me a bit sad realizing we won't be doing that again.

But with life intervening, and prices THROUGH THE ROOF, it's likely we won't be going back ever as a whole family, and I won't be going back for at least 5 years or so... if ever...

You'll enjoy the time at the YC... one of our favorites for summer visits. We actually prefer WL for winter time visits, since the atmosphere is so woodsy.

Willmark

Original Poster
It's a bit bittersweet, isn't it? We're in nearly the same boat, with us recently returning from what will likely be our last family trip. It was a good trip, and leaves me a bit sad realizing we won't be doing that again.

But with life intervening, and prices THROUGH THE ROOF, it's likely we won't be going back ever as a whole family, and I won't be going back for at least 5 years or so... if ever...

You'll enjoy the time at the YC... one of our favorites for summer visits. We actually prefer WL for winter time visits, since the atmosphere is so woodsy.
Yeah.

I’ve outlined it before in various posts but were also the type of customer that Disney wants but will now, not be returning.

Of course they won’t know until we stop going. They don’t care about just us. But if enough customers stop going?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom