50's Prime Time Cafe

dxwwf3

nickcarraway said:
You sound like a person who's never dined at The Hollywood Brown Derby.

You're exactly right :sohappy:

Even though The Prime Time Cafe is my favorite place in WDW, I think that MGM is absolutely loaded with good full service resturant choices. You've got the Brown Derby, Momma Melrose's, Hollywood and Vine, and the Sci Fi Dine In that not only have great themes, but I think they all have pretty darn good food too.

Now the Magic Kingdom on the other hand..........that's a different story for a different thread.

BriJul

It's a great place. We love it. But just dont go expecting a quiet lunch. I remember seeing a family very uncomfortable and got kinda angry when they were being pestered.

That place and the Wilderness Lodge BBQ are a great place to eat and have fun too.

slappy magoo

nickcarraway said:
slappy magoo said:
To say this is one of the best restaurants at MGM is like bragging that you were the valedictorian of night school...really, what was the competition?
You sounds like a person who's never dined at The Hollywood Brown Derby.

I was commenting on those who were saying 50's was one of the best places to eat at MGM, not stating any preference of my own. So there. :p

Seriously, I ate @ Brown Derby, but it's been a while (5 yrs or more). I remember enjoying the food and the ambience, but whatever I ate was too heavy for lunch on a hot day. Going back to WDW March and August this year, and intend to try it again.

TRITON4ME

Account Suspended
Mom's the word said:
Ummmmm . . . S'mores anyone?

Oh God! Please don't bring up the s'mores. Now I have the worst craving for those special "Disney" "low cal, low fat s'mores"

My fav. dish at 50's would have to either be the New York Strip Steak or the Fried Chiken. Although, each time I go I try and order something new.

Indy95

dxwwf3 said:
I think that MGM is absolutely loaded with good full service resturant choices. You've got the Brown Derby, Momma Melrose's, Hollywood and Vine, and the Sci Fi Dine In that not only have great themes, but I think they all have pretty darn good food too.

Though I'd have to argue about the Sci-Fi. Even though they have great milkshakes (and a great theme), everything I've eaten at the Sci-Fi was just terrible. I ate there three years in a row, ordering three different meals, and everything was bad, including the fries. So, I just don't go anymore.

dxwwf3

Indy95 said:
Though I'd have to argue about the Sci-Fi. Even though they have great milkshakes (and a great theme), everything I've eaten at the Sci-Fi was just terrible. I ate there three years in a row, ordering three different meals, and everything was bad, including the fries. So, I just don't go anymore.

Well I used to think that until I ate there a couple of trips ago. And then I got the burger there and I thought that it was pretty darn good. I've heard that the Ribs and BBQ Chicken were pretty good as well.

And of course you pay the extra for the atmosphere. It is truely a unique place to eat. But I would have to say that it is the "worst" of the full service resturants at MGM.

DisneyJill

I always just get chili cheese fries (not on the menu last time I was there, but our waiter was very accomodating and got them for me) because I HAVE to have a Peanut Butter and Jelly shake whenever I go there. They are the best! :slurp:

imagineer boy

I love it! The waitresses are great! I remember when I was four and went there, they posted one of my drawings on the refridge! :sohappy:

Davie

Our family ate there last year and the food was excellent. I had the chicken pot pie, mom had the fried chicken, and dad had the pot roast. It was all great. Especially the dessert menu on the view finders.

Invero

The thing about the 50s Prime Time Cafe is that the food you will find in there will be nothing special. Nothing fancy. Just good 'ole fashioned home cookin. And let me tell you, Mom is a good cook! I've had the meatloaf, the pot roast, and the salmon... all three were excellent. The onion rings are awesome, and the sundaes are great.

One word of advice though... don't hide your uneaten mushrooms in the empty onion ring basket... Cousin Kathy (or whoever might be serving you) WILL find them, and she'll make you stand in the corner. (Not that this ever happened to me... no, not me. :drevil: )

dxwwf3

Invero said:
The onion rings are awesome

Holy crap! How could I forget about the onion rings? Well they aren't really like the onion rings you would think of, but they are the best fried onion product I've ever had :lol:

TRITON4ME

Account Suspended
dxwwf3 said:
Well I used to think that until I ate there a couple of trips ago. And then I got the burger there and I thought that it was pretty darn good. I've heard that the Ribs and BBQ Chicken were pretty good as well.

And of course you pay the extra for the atmosphere. It is truely a unique place to eat. But I would have to say that it is the "worst" of the full service resturants at MGM.

I really can't think of a restraunt at MGM that is worse than Sci-Fi. By saying a burger was "pretty darn good" doesn't mean much. How could you possibly screw up a burger? I could go to Wendy's and get a "pretty darn good" burger for about half the price. I just don't see the reason of why I should eat there. The atmosphere is great at first but seeing the same movie previews over and over again gets a little annoying after a while.

I just don't think the Sci-Fi is worth the money. That's just my opinion though.

dxwwf3

TRITON4ME said:
How could you possibly screw up a burger? I could go to Wendy's and get a "pretty darn good" burger for about half the price.

Well I've had PLENTY of bad burgers before.

And to compare the type of burger you get at Wendy's to one you get at the parks is pretty funny. The burgers at WDW (and most themed resturants) are alot better than anything you'll get at a fast food place. And last time I checked you don't get to eat in cars and watch corny old Sci-Fi movies at Wendy's :lol:

Like I said before, you pay the extra for the atmosphere. And I think that it's worth it every once in a while. Especially for a first time (and possibly only time) visitor, what better atmosphere are you going to eat at? Sci-Fi is my least favorite of the MGM full service resturants, but I think very highly of MGM's food. I would rather eat at Sci-Fi than any place at the Magic Kingdom except the Liberty Tree Tavern at Lunch (PILGRAM'S FEAST!)

Joevn

Ditto on the meatloaf. I cleaned the plate...except the decorative sprig on the meatloaf.

If you're interested in seeing 50's Prime Time Cafe's menu, as well as other restaurants at WDW, click here.

Joe

Invero

dxwwf3 said:
Well I've had PLENTY of bad burgers before.

And to compare the type of burger you get at Wendy's to one you get at the parks is pretty funny. The burgers at WDW (and most themed resturants) are alot better than anything you'll get at a fast food place. And last time I checked you don't get to eat in cars and watch corny old Sci-Fi movies at Wendy's :lol:

Like I said before, you pay the extra for the atmosphere. And I think that it's worth it every once in a while. Especially for a first time (and possibly only time) visitor, what better atmosphere are you going to eat at? Sci-Fi is my least favorite of the MGM full service resturants, but I think very highly of MGM's food. I would rather eat at Sci-Fi than any place at the Magic Kingdom except the Liberty Tree Tavern at Lunch (PILGRAM'S FEAST!)
See, I don't really like the food at the Sci-Fi... love the atmosphere (as long as you just have two people) but the food has always been eh for me. Maybe I just haven't been ordering the right things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom