50's Prime Time Cafe- getting booted by Star Wars(?)

Toad Hall

Original Poster
Haven't seen official word, but looks like the consensus from the concept art and some credible speculators is that the whole Echo Lake area will be re-themed. Although the Prime Time might not be as entertaining as it was in its hey-day, we still try to get a lunch here each trip and it will be missed.

Anyone else bummed?

Maybe they'll find a way to get a peanut butter and jelly shake onto one of the Star Wars menus as a little nod to the past!

Toad Hall

Original Poster
No firm announcement, but the aerial shots shown on the front page article seem to support what many have guessed re: the location of Star Wars land. Could literally be years before this is confirmed one way or the other.

aladdin2007

what about sci-fi diner? It wouldnt surprise me to see that turned into a star wars character thing full time, they already did testing awhile back with that and Im sure it was a for a reason. I would be bummed to see either one go.

Disneyhead'71

I could easily be transformed to Dex's Diner from Ep.II

Dex_Diner_klanten.jpg

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Who cares food is average at best all of HS dinning option except brown derby could hit the road.

The current HS is pretty dreadful if you want to eat a meal and cant get into the Derby or if you enjoy Caprese and a good Pork osso buco Mama's.

Bparso87

As much
The current HS is pretty dreadful if you want to eat a meal and cant get into the Derby or if you enjoy Caprese and a good Pork osso buco Mama's.
as I love some rides at HS it is pretty much a skip for me till the expansion is finished. Food selection is sub par so usually leave the park to eat and with fast pass + can get most of the rides done by noon. It was my first Disney park and will always have a special place in my heart but it is so boring now.

NormC

I would bet Sci Fi would be used before 50's. It is only a bit under 200 feet away from Tatooine traders. 50's is close to Indy's outpost but connected to H & V. Retheming that whole building would make for too abrupt of a transition from Hollywood Blvd. to Star Wars. Makes more sense to leave that side of Echo lake alone for a smoother transition. Pull Gertie the dino or retheme her to a Galactic creature. Just my opinion. I have no insider info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom