50 MAGICal Enhancements for the 50th ...

CaptainAmerica

There have been many posts by myself and others already on the subject. The deluxe, moderate and value categories are disappearing. Disney will be using much more aggressive surge type pricing on select resorts (I wish that meant 65% discounts on resorts they aren't filling, but that won't happen.) based on location, proximity to a given park or parks and seasonal events. There will also be a building boom again with more hotel and timeshare units being added and/or converted.

The Bobs are practically wetting themselves over more FL timeshare AND a Star Wars themed resort (something I am, naturally, less than enthused about).
I choose to read this in the most optimistic way possible and go with "I'll continue to get awesome rates on my beloved Animal Kingdom Lodge Standard View rooms."

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They are making them so cheap and generic I have no interest staying on property anymore. You don't feel like your even at Disney World any longer (rooms wise). yacht club being the latest example, there is no Disney theming whatsoever in these rooms, why are they trying so hard to do away with details/theming? They are bland, flat, and nothing special. Not all of them yet, but with the current trend Im seeing I dont like it and don't get it.

Because theming costs MONEY that Disney could be using for Stock Buybacks and failed acquisitions like Maker Studios and propping up ESPN

I'm DVC and a charter member at Kidani at one time Kidani had African inspired china which was unique and beautiful.

Now it has dishware which one could expect to find at the enlisted men's mess at a Military Base only the stuff at the base is in better condition

CaptainAmerica

I'm DVC and a charter member at Kidani at one time Kidani had African inspired china which was unique and beautiful.

Now it has dishware which one could expect to find at the enlisted men's mess at a Military Base only the stuff at the base is in better condition
You're making Disney's point. It doesn't make sense to have expensive tableware when guests treat them like garbage anyways.

CaptainAmerica

They are making them so cheap and generic I have no interest staying on property anymore. You don't feel like your even at Disney World any longer (rooms wise). yacht club being the latest example, there is no Disney theming whatsoever in these rooms, why are they trying so hard to do away with details/theming? They are bland, flat, and nothing special. Not all of them yet, but with the current trend Im seeing I dont like it and don't get it.
That's why I don't like the hotel-themed hotels. Yacht, Beach, Boardwalk, Contemporary, and Grand? Boooooring. I don't want to go to Disney to stay in a hotel themed like a hotel. No thanks, I'll stick with AKL and WL (and Poly if I can ever afford it).

Bocabear

You're making Disney's point. It doesn't make sense to have expensive tableware when guests treat them like garbage anyways.
That is true... We are DVC with Bay Lake Tower as our home resort and are always shocked at the amount of damage in the units...It's like people must let their kids (and themselves) go wild in these units...Curtain rods torn out of the walls, broken doors, Spots all over the woodwork where people have nailed up decorations...It's crazy.... No respect at all for the property... and then they just don't replace the broken items with the same quality...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That is true... We are DVC with Bay Lake Tower as our home resort and are always shocked at the amount of damage in the units...It's like people must let their kids (and themselves) go wild in these units...Curtain rods torn out of the walls, broken doors, Spots all over the woodwork where people have nailed up decorations...It's crazy.... No respect at all for the property... and then they just don't replace the broken items with the same quality...

I'm a charter member there too, every visit I need to drag someone from the front desk and document the damage so as I don't get billed for it. Now if Disney started billing folks for the damage done to the units this would soon stop

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Sounds like your beef is with the Vacation Club, which is different than what most people mean when they talk about "Disney."

I'm not staying in Studio units we are in 1-2 BR unit or GV's all of which have the same room inventory DVC or CRO and I've stayed in cash rooms and they have the exact same issues. It's the overall resort management and their disregard for quality

Bocabear

I'm a charter member there too, every visit I need to drag someone from the front desk and document the damage so as I don't get billed for it. Now if Disney started billing folks for the damage done to the units this would soon stop
I agree... we do the same... every trip waiting around for maintenance to show up to fix stuff. They seriously should be charging for the damage... missing china etc. It seems like it just keeps downgrading... And who are the people that go on vacation and because it is not their own house , destroy the rooms... We had a three bedroom unit and all three bedrooms, the curtain rods were torn out of the ceiling and barel hanging on, cabinet doors broken off their hinges and just placed back into position, torn upholstery, foot marks on the bedroom walls... It was crazy... And we noted similar damage at some of the other resorts we stayed in... Like people are no longer being taught basic decency.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I agree... we do the same... every trip waiting around for maintenance to show up to fix stuff. They seriously should be charging for the damage... missing china etc. It seems like it just keeps downgrading... And who are the people that go on vacation and because it is not their own house , destroy the rooms... We had a three bedroom unit and all three bedrooms, the curtain rods were torn out of the ceiling and barel hanging on, cabinet doors broken off their hinges and just placed back into position, torn upholstery, foot marks on the bedroom walls... It was crazy... And we noted similar damage at some of the other resorts we stayed in... Like people are no longer being taught basic decency.

Much of the damage is caused by 'whales' according to a family member who is a senior manager at a hotel chain. As so called celebrities and other spoiled rich folks tend to party hard and cause huge amounts of damage.

Disneys problem is the have cut everything to the bone so repairs can't be carried out in a reasonable time frame. Unlike 'real' hotels who can generally fix a in a trashed unit in less than 24 hours

CaptainAmerica

This is a normal occurrence for you? I've never seen anything like that. The worst I've seen is a mini-fridge with a rubber pad missing under the foot so it wobbled back and forth.

Bocabear

This is a normal occurrence for you? I've never seen anything like that. The worst I've seen is a mini-fridge with a rubber pad missing under the foot so it wobbled back and forth.
I never stayed in a unit with a mini fridge...lol But yeah, we have seen lots of damage, mostly at Bay Lake. The unit we had at Saratoga last year was in good shape.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom