50 for the 50th

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Perfect Park Acres at Disney's Contemporary Resort

Fall 2019
contemporary-resort-00-full.jpg

If location, location, location, is part of your vacation mantra, then Disney's Contemporary Resort is one of the resorts you should have on your radar for a Walt Disney World stay. Just steps away from the Magic Kingdom, and a monorail ride to Epcot, this resort is not only one of the original resorts on property, but one of the most location friendly.

With the addition of Bay Lake Tower in the late 2000s, starting the escalation of new DVC resorts around property, even more guests can experience staying at the resort. And over the years since, the tower rooms have been refurbished, the California Grill redone, a new restaurant, the Wave opened, as well as the Fantasia giftshops and renovations to the Grand Canyon Concourse (the resort's 4th floor atrium)

If you'd like to take a tour to familiarize yourself, @nelsonj3 and ResortTV1 have you covered with a very detailed walk-through!

One area of the resort I always found to be lacking was the Garden area. Ironically, the one time I stayed at the Contemporary was in the Garden Wing to the side of the resort (it used to have 2 flanking off the tower before Bay Lake Tower was constructed)
7530-0277.jpg

In addition to that, the pool area, while nice, is probably the weakest of the deluxe resorts. Especially going up against the competition of Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club, the backstory of Silver Creek Springs at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, or even the Keister Coaster and adjacent amusement park themed pool area at Disney's Boardwalk.

Nevertheless, it has a lot of potential, and even story potential tying in with Tomorrowland given its backdrop to the resort.

So with that said - we come to our project, which is the

Perfect Park Acres
contemp121.jpg

Perfect Park Acres will essentially be a mesh of those three examples of quality pool areas at the Disney Deluxe Resorts. It will have the backstory of Silver Creek, the scale of Stormalong Bay, and the thrills of Disney's Boardwalk.

Beginning with the backstory -- dating back to the pre-2009 Tomorrowland refurbishment and subsequent new narration for the Peoplemover (back then called the Tomorrowland Transit Authority) there was an announcement made over the PA of the attraction that mentioned that the TTA services all of Tomorrowland's outlying areas, including 'perfect park acres...the latest in hoverburb communities'

And to show I'm not imagining things...:p

Go to 6:54

Tomorrowland's outlying areas could be...Disney's Contemporary Resort? Located in Perfect Park Acres?

Which would mean that Disney's Contemporary Resort grounds are going to be transformed into lush green areas, with futuristic plant carvings, foliage, and plenty more 'park' oriented things to do.

The main 'gravity' pool will be 2x the size as it stands today, and include a 'wormhole' slide that combines indoor and outdoor effects, ending in a 15 foot dive under a footbridge and coasting into the water below
maxresdefault.jpg

Around the pool - the Sand Bar will get a major upgrade in not only menu but in design, now implementing the old 1975 Tomorrowland spires on both sides of building that the Sand Bar is located in. Increased outdoor seating, shaded areas, a lazy river section, and as you go further into the garden wing of the resort, lush rose gardens invite you in as you can sit by a more secluded quiet pool, play basketball in the park, or just relax on one of the two dozen benches in shaded areas around Perfect Park Acres.

With amazing views of Bay Lake at your disposal, for dinner you can dine at a new futuristic restaurant called Hoverburb. When the Space Restaurant in Epcot opens, hopefully to a rousing success, the company designing it will also tackle Hoverburb, making Disney's Contemporary Resort in the same echelon of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa in terms of restaurant options for guests.

Lastly, we will also be converting the Garden Wing into family suites themed after locations and characters from Tomorrowland, to further connect Disney's Contemporary Resort to its neighboring land in the Magic Kingdom.

Concept image by @MonorailRed
contemporaryupdate-png.198485

Additional menus, art, and details to come, but this is one of the projects that we have been trying to work out for some time, and I think once it's finished, I hope something like this actually becomes a reality because I would stay in a heartbeat. Maybe some Contemporary fans like @GrandCanyonConcourse might want to see this as we finish this part over the next few days. :)

Thanks everyone for reading, let me know what you think! And check back tomorrow for the final project of 2019...don't runaway just yet!:geek:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
We Know The Way: Journey of Moana

Voyage of the Little Mermaid Replacement
Christmas 2018

20160921_025317.jpg

disney-moana-maui.jpg

The Voyage of the Little Mermaid Show is a 17 minute production that replaced Here Comes The Muppets in January 1992, after the popularity of The Little Mermaid upon its release in 1989. However, since New Fantasyland opened in 2012, the 25 year old show, while still holding a special place in many people's hearts, is long overdue for a replacement. Several shows have had overlays just years after they began such as the Hunchback of Notre Dame show, and while Voyage of the Little Mermaid still runs strong, something updated and novel coming into the Disney Parks would be great for Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Ever since the success of Moana, rumors have swirls regarding her placement in Adventureland, either in a Volcano based attraction in the expansion pad, or even in the Enchanted Tiki Room. While the former seems to have fallen through, and I sincerely hope that the Tiki Room doesn't happen, I'm here to entertain a third option that I haven't heard mentioned.

Voyage to the Little Mermaid transformation into a Moana show - which would need to have similar water effects and surroundings that the theater already provides for the Little Mermaid. In addition, similar to the Little Mermaid, it would be over 2 years since Moana's release and the opening of the stage production, similar to the Little Mermaid in 1989, and the show's release in January 1992. Roughly a similar time frame between the film and an implementation in the parks.

While Moana seems like a perfect fit over in the Polynesian areas of Adventureland, I think that there are so many other projects going on in the Magic Kingdom - that adding more into that park wouldn't help the crowds that will be flocking to Disney's Hollywood Studios in the coming years for both Toy Story Land and Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.

Having a new, popular character, have a full-time attraction, with a similar length in show to Voyage of the Little Mermaid, would offer an escape for the crowds and provide a desperately needed update to Disney's Hollywood Studios's show lineup that features many decade old shows. Rumors suggest that Voyage of the Little Mermaid might be removed by the end of next year - and We Know The Way: Journey of Moana - I think could be a great short-term inclusion to represent a new, popular character in the Disney Parks. This will also continue the theme of adding more 'color' and vivid imagery to the back of Disney's Hollywood Studios - following suit with the colorful displays of Toy Story Land and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway!

Show description to come

(*sidenote - I'm placeholding @MonorailRed 's parts of the project by saying 'to come' because she's swamped with finals until next week. But this way we can just slot her stuff in when she's ready):)

Okay...so not a show in DHS.:p But @MonorailRed I'll give us minimal partial credit for at least saying some minor attraction (aka not a ride) with Moana would come. :joyfull:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...oana-continues-at-aulani-a-disney-resort-spa/

Moana’s travels take her to many exciting destinations – and one of her favorites is Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa. Starting today, guests can visit with the Disney heroine during a new premium experience!
lksn0131-613x408.jpg

CraniumCommand89

Okay...so not a show in DHS.:p But @MonorailRed I'll give us minimal partial credit for at least saying some minor attraction (aka not a ride) with Moana would come. :joyfull:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...oana-continues-at-aulani-a-disney-resort-spa/

Moana’s travels take her to many exciting destinations – and one of her favorites is Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa. Starting today, guests can visit with the Disney heroine during a new premium experience!
lksn0131-613x408.jpg
Moana really deserves more.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Moana really deserves more.
I agree! Unfortunately for some reason it takes Disney years to install their popular IPs. Just look at how caught off guard they were with the success of Frozen.

Movie came out in Fall 2013, the best they had to capitalize was the DHS Olaf Summer Festival with ice skating and fireworks in Summer 2014 (and 2015?) and then in June 2016, almost 3 years after the film, it was shoehorned into Maelstrom.

AceAstro

I agree! Unfortunately for some reason it takes Disney years to install their popular IPs. Just look at how caught off guard they were with the success of Frozen.

Movie came out in Fall 2013, the best they had to capitalize was the DHS Olaf Summer Festival with ice skating and fireworks in Summer 2014 (and 2015?) and then in June 2016, almost 3 years after the film, it was shoehorned into Maelstrom.
As risky as it is, I still really like the idea of them opening the ride the same day the movie is released. That way you go watch the movie and then you go ride the ride. I mean I know why they don’t do it (could you imagine if we had a Good Dinosaur Ride??), but it was still an interesting concept.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
As risky as it is, I still really like the idea of them opening the ride the same day the movie is released. That way you go watch the movie and then you go ride the ride. I mean I know why they don’t do it (could you imagine if we had a Good Dinosaur Ride??), but it was still an interesting concept.
That would be cool -- though like you said that would be a gamble. I'd like to see them design areas in conjunction with films, like what DLP did with their Adventureland Arabian section and Aladdin. They designed it as the film was in production, so they could work side by side. If Aladdin flopped, then it would just be an original section, but if it succeeded like it did, it was installed the very next year.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Fall 2019
Mickey-and-Minnies-Runaway-Railway_Full_30571.jpg

With the closure of The Great Movie Ride, one of Walt Disney World's iconic attractions in August 2017, something darn impressive will have to take its place. While the new attraction might not bring the same nostalgia or expansiveness as The Great Movie Ride, it has been touted as one of the better additions coming to the resort before the 50th anniversary. That is...Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway!

Queue
The facade of the Chinese Theater and the first part of the exterior and interior queue will be the same as they were for The Great Movie Ride, with the original lobby still very much intact. The displays will be different, but it will still have all of its original charm.

The large pre-show theater showing classic movie trailers once stood, just before guests would board their “journey into the movies”, is where the changes begin as the room is broken up into two pre-shows where guests will see a new Mickey Mouse cartoon including Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto heading to a picnic. The screen opens up and guests walk out to the load area and board Goofy's Train.

Goofy's train will basically be a 'mini' version of the GMR vehicles. Trackless, yet with 4 train cars and (possibly as in the concept art) Goofy at the helm of the engine. Approximately 9 guests per train car, with 4 cars, for an approximate total of 36 guests per train.

My Guessimate Layout
(no inside info on this)
Untitled.jpg

Attraction Specifics
(according to our insiders marni1971, Magic Feather)
- There will be plenty of physical sets.
- About 85% of the current space will be used.
- No multiple tracks, but not every car will follow the exact same route.
- Ride Time - approximately five to six minutes.
- LPS dark ride, 2 1/2 D effects.

This Mickey Short has also been stated to have 'serious parallels' to the attraction

Attraction Ride Through
Credit for this information to a site that can't be linked, but do a google search for something that rhymes with wdw clues fourday

This has been described by the insiders on wdwmagic as more of a cliffnotes version of the attraction, but the info is pretty accurate to what the ride will be.
----------------
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Screen-Shot-2017-07-15-at-6.43.49-PM-800x400.jpg
The attraction begins with a trip through the park, followed by a tunnel. In the tunnel scene, guests encounter Minnie and Mickey in the car driving alongside them. Mickey and Minnie will be audio-animatronics figures here, inside of a physical car that will travel alongside guests through the entire scene. A maquette of the classic duo in the car can be seen at the preview of the attraction currently at Walt Disney Presents.

r-1509161737-MickeyAndMinniesRunawayRailway14.JPG

The next scene appears to be a stampede or “running of the bulls” type scenario, where the cars break apart and try not to incur the wrath of the stomping creatures. This is followed by a trip to the carnival, which somehow ultimately ends with Mickey and Minnie caught up in a twister. The twister may or may not be a reference to The Great Movie Ride, which was famously set to have a twister scene before some arguments over the Wizard of Oz led to the scene being cut and replaced with Sorcerer Mickey Mouse.

The twister drops guests and the characters in a tropical locale with 4 separate rooms, one for each car of the 4-car train to pull into. These individual rooms have a large screen and water effects that will spray guests as they teeter near the edge of a waterfall.

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/09/21764091_1810404382307533_1289177095_o.png
The train cars then go down a drainage pipe into the big city. Guests somehow end up taking a detour into a dance studio, where an audio-animatronic Daisy Duck is giving lessons. The cars will dance while in this dance studio, similarly to Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters at DCA.
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/09/21766996_1810404418974196_100182208_o.png
Guests end up in a alleyway leading to a large factory, where they may come up close and personal with a giant furnace before being saved by Mickey and Minnie. Once guests are safe, they arrive back in the park for a picnic. This scene includes audio-animatronic figures of Mickey, Minnie and their dog, Pluto. Guests then head to the unload station, disembark, and go back through a movie screen in a new postshow theater, to eventually exit out the same exit doors as The Great Movie Ride.
mickey-minnies-runaway-railway-sign.jpg

Hope that was informative and helpful to depict what the attraction might be like in roughly the Fall of 2019 when it is currently projected to open. I wish it was going in Animation Courtyard and that GMR still remained, but nonetheless, this attraction to me at least seems like a lot of fun. Curious what Mickey Short fans such as @mharrington think about this attraction:)

Next we will venture into the year 2020 with plenty more things to see and do coming to the Walt Disney World Resort!​

mharrington

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Fall 2019
Mickey-and-Minnies-Runaway-Railway_Full_30571.jpg

With the closure of The Great Movie Ride, one of Walt Disney World's iconic attractions in August 2017, something darn impressive will have to take its place. While the new attraction might not bring the same nostalgia or expansiveness as The Great Movie Ride, it has been touted as one of the better additions coming to the resort before the 50th anniversary. That is...Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway!

Queue
The facade of the Chinese Theater and the first part of the exterior and interior queue will be the same as they were for The Great Movie Ride, with the original lobby still very much intact. The displays will be different, but it will still have all of its original charm.

The large pre-show theater showing classic movie trailers once stood, just before guests would board their “journey into the movies”, is where the changes begin as the room is broken up into two pre-shows where guests will see a new Mickey Mouse cartoon including Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto heading to a picnic. The screen opens up and guests walk out to the load area and board Goofy's Train.

Goofy's train will basically be a 'mini' version of the GMR vehicles. Trackless, yet with 4 train cars and (possibly as in the concept art) Goofy at the helm of the engine. Approximately 9 guests per train car, with 4 cars, for an approximate total of 36 guests per train.

My Guessimate Layout
(no inside info on this)
Untitled.jpg

Attraction Specifics
(according to our insiders marni1971, Magic Feather)
- There will be plenty of physical sets.
- About 85% of the current space will be used.
- No multiple tracks, but not every car will follow the exact same route.
- Ride Time - approximately five to six minutes.
- LPS dark ride, 2 1/2 D effects.

This Mickey Short has also been stated to have 'serious parallels' to the attraction

Attraction Ride Through
Credit for this information to a site that can't be linked, but do a google search for something that rhymes with wdw clues fourday

This has been described by the insiders on wdwmagic as more of a cliffnotes version of the attraction, but the info is pretty accurate to what the ride will be.
----------------
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Screen-Shot-2017-07-15-at-6.43.49-PM-800x400.jpg
The attraction begins with a trip through the park, followed by a tunnel. In the tunnel scene, guests encounter Minnie and Mickey in the car driving alongside them. Mickey and Minnie will be audio-animatronics figures here, inside of a physical car that will travel alongside guests through the entire scene. A maquette of the classic duo in the car can be seen at the preview of the attraction currently at Walt Disney Presents.

r-1509161737-MickeyAndMinniesRunawayRailway14.JPG

The next scene appears to be a stampede or “running of the bulls” type scenario, where the cars break apart and try not to incur the wrath of the stomping creatures. This is followed by a trip to the carnival, which somehow ultimately ends with Mickey and Minnie caught up in a twister. The twister may or may not be a reference to The Great Movie Ride, which was famously set to have a twister scene before some arguments over the Wizard of Oz led to the scene being cut and replaced with Sorcerer Mickey Mouse.

The twister drops guests and the characters in a tropical locale with 4 separate rooms, one for each car of the 4-car train to pull into. These individual rooms have a large screen and water effects that will spray guests as they teeter near the edge of a waterfall.

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/09/21764091_1810404382307533_1289177095_o.png
The train cars then go down a drainage pipe into the big city. Guests somehow end up taking a detour into a dance studio, where an audio-animatronic Daisy Duck is giving lessons. The cars will dance while in this dance studio, similarly to Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters at DCA.
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/09/21766996_1810404418974196_100182208_o.png
Guests end up in a alleyway leading to a large factory, where they may come up close and personal with a giant furnace before being saved by Mickey and Minnie. Once guests are safe, they arrive back in the park for a picnic. This scene includes audio-animatronic figures of Mickey, Minnie and their dog, Pluto. Guests then head to the unload station, disembark, and go back through a movie screen in a new postshow theater, to eventually exit out the same exit doors as The Great Movie Ride.
mickey-minnies-runaway-railway-sign.jpg

Hope that was informative and helpful to depict what the attraction might be like in roughly the Fall of 2019 when it is currently projected to open. I wish it was going in Animation Courtyard and that GMR still remained, but nonetheless, this attraction to me at least seems like a lot of fun. Curious what Mickey Short fans such as @mharrington think about this attraction:)

Next we will venture into the year 2020 with plenty more things to see and do coming to the Walt Disney World Resort!​

I'm more partial to the classic shorts than this.

Brer Oswald

I'll take you up on that! :D

Any thoughts on this 50 for 50 project?:)
I had a couple ideas. For Fantasyland, general upgrades to Pan, Pooh, and Small World. For Tomorrowland, I was going to propose a walk through exhibit called the “Alien Club” featuring multiple alien animatronics, including the animatronics from Alien Encounter and Stitch. It was to be a replacement for Stitch, but I like your Meet the Robinsons idea. The Speedway has decent area so that’s always an option. To replace Buzz and Monsters, I propose a high capacity Wall-e ride with the ideas of Horizons brought into a new light. For Hollywood Studios, I was also going to propose a 1930’s ToonTown studios like area behind Runaway Railway.

Brer Oswald

Space this is a good idea too. I feel like it would also work where you suggested in the “Making it Work” post yesterday!
I never actually thought of it in that area, but yeah that would actually work too. The idea would be the same. Although we wouldn’t be able to connect it to Walt Disney Presents, which I would suggest to be made like the Burbank lot.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I had a couple ideas. For Fantasyland, general upgrades to Pan, Pooh, and Small World. For Tomorrowland, I was going to propose a walk through exhibit called the “Alien Club” featuring multiple alien animatronics, including the animatronics from Alien Encounter and Stitch. It was to be a replacement for Stitch, but I like your Meet the Robinsons idea. The Speedway has decent area so that’s always an option. To replace Buzz and Monsters, I propose a high capacity Wall-e ride with the ideas of Horizons brought into a new light. For Hollywood Studios, I was also going to propose a 1930’s ToonTown studios like area behind Runaway Railway.
Thanks Brer! Great suggestions!
13402513_1159169227437928_843599262_n.jpg

MonorailRed

Applebees
Mary Poppins in the Park at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage Replacement

Spring 2020
2017-12-09.jpg

Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage is a 25 minute production that replaced Hollywood's Pretty Woman in 1991. The show's first performance was at 1:30 pm on November 22, 1991, the same day the film Beauty and the Beast was released. However, similar to Voyage of the Little Mermaid, since New Fantasyland opened in 2012, the 25 year old show, while still holding a special place in many people's hearts, is long overdue for a replacement.

Mary Poppins in the Park
mary%2Bpoppins.jpg

Mary Poppins in the Park is an ongoing event space within the Sunset Boulevard area. This area features a carousel, two meet and greet gazebos, a play area, and a Caramel apple stand.

Mary Poppins: The Musical
-Concept Art Coming Soon -
000329_hero.jpg

Showtimes: 11:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 7:00 PM

Fly in to Cherry Lane and Discover the heart, humor, and wonder of Mary Poppins. In this 40-minute show, classic songs bring the world of Mary Poppins to life, along with extraordinary puppets and watercolor sets that is practically perfect in every way. Performed on a stage with a newly installed walkway and projection studio, these musical numbers shimmer with wondrous effects created with innovative lighting, dynamic props and animated projections:

Act I
· Overture
· Life I Lead/Sister Suffragette
· The Perfect Nanny
· Spoonful of Sugar
· Pavement Artist
· Jolly Holiday
· Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
· A British Bank (The Life I Lead)

Act II
· Feeds the Birds
· Fidelity Fiduciary Bank
· Chim Chim Cher-ee/Step in Time
· A Man Has Dreams/Let’s Go Fly A Kite

Meet and Greet Gazebos
Meet Mary Poppins, Bert, and The Penguins at several different times throughout the day.

Cherry Tree Lane Carousel
B-Ticket Attraction

jolly_holiday_by_betterthanbunnies.jpg

Climb aboard an ornate horse and gallop through a whirling watercolor backdrop of color and sound. Make your way beneath a vibrant carnival tent within the Park and select one of 68 wood-carved white horses—or one intricately carved chariot. Accented in bold pastels and ribbons, each magnificent steed is posed in a fanciful leaping position. Once chosen, get ready to race off while listening to sounds from the famous movie, such as “Stay Awake”, “I Love to Laugh”, the Penguins Segment of “Jolly Holiday”, and “A Spoon Full of Sugar.”

Admirable Boom and Mr. Binnacle’s Play Area
402ae2_38551b988d624659ba14ba8c3bf29525.webp

Check out the wacky goings-on inside Admirable Boom’s home! Head inside this batty building and climb all over the ship shape furniture as it tilts back and forth, play an organ that's specially designed to make different a boat horn’s noises instead of notes. Upstairs features a Ship’s wheel and cannon, ready to be fired! If trouble comes, be ready to slide down the escape shaft Admirable Boom made to the side of his home.

Home to kooky furniture, family photos and more, this play area invites kids of all ages to play, explore and have fun.

Note: Step in Time and explore the London Rooftop tunnels!

Viewing Area
For grown-ups, there's a shady rest and viewing area right in front.

Snack in Time – Quick Service Location
Pick up a quick bite before the show or while enjoying the Carnival in the park! Served by Chimney Sweeps, these snacks are some of London’s finest!

Caramel Peanut Apple - $6.29
Caramel Apple - $5.79
Specialty Apples - $10.99
Candy Apple - $5.79
Glazed Almonds – $4.00
Whole Fruit - $1.99
Popcorn in a Souvenir Bucket $9.39
Popcorn Bucket Refill - for souvenir bucket, valid for length stay $1.39
Popcorn - $3.99
Bottled Beverages – $2.39

Picnic in the Park
402ae2_81480905a6e74ff8b3d46dcb1c54a21a.webp

***Pickup Location ***Must be requested an hour in advanced via Mobile Order***
A choice of rotisserie chicken with pricing starting at $20.99 plus tax for a meal for two. Can be taken to Fantasmic! Stadium and Mary Poppins: The Musical. Guests with food allergies should alert the Cast Member when placing their order, who will then contact a chef.

NOTE: No modifications or substitutions are allowed.

Meal for Two - $20.99 + tax
4 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken, 1 Side, 2 Desserts, 2 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Three – $29.99 + tax
6 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken, 2 Large Gourmet Sides, 3 Desserts or Fruit, 3 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Four – $38.99 + tax
8 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken, 3 Large Gourmet Sides, 4 Desserts or Fruit, 4 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Five – $47.99 + tax
10 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 1 1/2 lb. of Ham, 4 Large Gourmet Sides, 5 Desserts or Fruit, 5 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Six – $56.99 + tax
12 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken, 5 Large Gourmet Sides, 6 Desserts or Fruit, 6 bottles of Dasani water

Gourmet Sides (16 oz.)
-- Chips
-- Macaroni & Cheese
-- Seasonal Fruit Salad
-- Coleslaw
-- Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
-- Corn Medley
-- Green Beans
-- Oven-Roasted Potato Wedges

Desserts
-- Apple
-- Brownie
-- Cookie
-- Cornbread
-- Crisped Rice Treat
-- Orange​

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Mary Poppins in the Park at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage Replacement

Spring 2020
2017-12-09.jpg

Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage is a 25 minute production that replaced Hollywood's Pretty Woman in 1991. The show's first performance was at 1:30 pm on November 22, 1991, the same day the film Beauty and the Beast was released. However, similar to Voyage of the Little Mermaid, since New Fantasyland opened in 2012, the 25 year old show, while still holding a special place in many people's hearts, is long overdue for a replacement.

Mary Poppins in the Park
mary%2Bpoppins.jpg

Mary Poppins in the Park is an ongoing event space within the Sunset Boulevard area. This area features a carousel, two meet and greet gazebos, a play area, and a Caramel apple stand.

Mary Poppins: The Musical
-Concept Art Coming Soon -
000329_hero.jpg

Showtimes: 11:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 7:00 PM

Fly in to Cherry Lane and Discover the heart, humor, and wonder of Mary Poppins. In this 40-minute show, classic songs bring the world of Mary Poppins to life, along with extraordinary puppets and watercolor sets that is practically perfect in every way. Performed on a stage with a newly installed walkway and projection studio, these musical numbers shimmer with wondrous effects created with innovative lighting, dynamic props and animated projections:

Act I
· Overture
· Life I Lead/Sister Suffragette
· The Perfect Nanny
· Spoonful of Sugar
· Pavement Artist
· Jolly Holiday
· Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
· A British Bank (The Life I Lead)

Act II
· Feeds the Birds
· Fidelity Fiduciary Bank
· Chim Chim Cher-ee/Step in Time
· A Man Has Dreams/Let’s Go Fly A Kite

Meet and Greet Gazebos
Meet Mary Poppins, Bert, and The Penguins at several different times throughout the day.

Cherry Tree Lane Carousel
B-Ticket Attraction

jolly_holiday_by_betterthanbunnies.jpg

Climb aboard an ornate horse and gallop through a whirling watercolor backdrop of color and sound. Make your way beneath a vibrant carnival tent within the Park and select one of 68 wood-carved white horses—or one intricately carved chariot. Accented in bold pastels and ribbons, each magnificent steed is posed in a fanciful leaping position. Once chosen, get ready to race off while listening to sounds from the famous movie, such as “Stay Awake”, “I Love to Laugh”, the Penguins Segment of “Jolly Holiday”, and “A Spoon Full of Sugar.”

Admirable Boom and Mr. Binnacle’s Play Area
402ae2_38551b988d624659ba14ba8c3bf29525.webp

Check out the wacky goings-on inside Admirable Boom’s home! Head inside this batty building and climb all over the ship shape furniture as it tilts back and forth, play an organ that's specially designed to make different a boat horn’s noises instead of notes. Upstairs features a Ship’s wheel and cannon, ready to be fired! If trouble comes, be ready to slide down the escape shaft Admirable Boom made to the side of his home.

Home to kooky furniture, family photos and more, this play area invites kids of all ages to play, explore and have fun.

Note: Step in Time and explore the London Rooftop tunnels!

Viewing Area
For grown-ups, there's a shady rest and viewing area right in front.

Snack in Time – Quick Service Location
Pick up a quick bite before the show or while enjoying the Carnival in the park! Served by Chimney Sweeps, these snacks are some of London’s finest!

Caramel Peanut Apple - $6.29
Caramel Apple - $5.79
Specialty Apples - $10.99
Candy Apple - $5.79
Glazed Almonds – $4.00
Whole Fruit - $1.99
Popcorn in a Souvenir Bucket $9.39
Popcorn Bucket Refill - for souvenir bucket, valid for length stay $1.39
Popcorn - $3.99
Bottled Beverages – $2.39

Picnic in the Park
402ae2_81480905a6e74ff8b3d46dcb1c54a21a.webp

***Pickup Location ***Must be requested an hour in advanced via Mobile Order***
A choice of rotisserie chicken with pricing starting at $20.99 plus tax for a meal for two. Can be taken to Fantasmic! Stadium and Mary Poppins: The Musical. Guests with food allergies should alert the Cast Member when placing their order, who will then contact a chef.

NOTE: No modifications or substitutions are allowed.

Meal for Two - $20.99 + tax
4 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken, 1 Side, 2 Desserts, 2 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Three – $29.99 + tax
6 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken, 2 Large Gourmet Sides, 3 Desserts or Fruit, 3 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Four – $38.99 + tax
8 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken, 3 Large Gourmet Sides, 4 Desserts or Fruit, 4 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Five – $47.99 + tax
10 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 1 1/2 lb. of Ham, 4 Large Gourmet Sides, 5 Desserts or Fruit, 5 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Six – $56.99 + tax
12 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken, 5 Large Gourmet Sides, 6 Desserts or Fruit, 6 bottles of Dasani water

Gourmet Sides (16 oz.)
-- Chips
-- Macaroni & Cheese
-- Seasonal Fruit Salad
-- Coleslaw
-- Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
-- Corn Medley
-- Green Beans
-- Oven-Roasted Potato Wedges

Desserts
-- Apple
-- Brownie
-- Cookie
-- Cornbread
-- Crisped Rice Treat
-- Orange​

Maybe @kap91 might be interested in looking this Mary Poppins idea over:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom