5 years cancer free and I'm going to Disney!

shoppingnut

Congrats!!

I always put on the sunscreen and hat too. I also don't forget the sunglasses no matter what time of year because I don't plan on going for cateract surgery either.

MissM

Congrats on 5 years cancer free.

Sun protection is SO important. Hats and sunscreen are your friend. Don't forget things like the tops of your feet if you're wearing open shoes either! It only takes one bad burn significantly increase the risk of skin cancer! Wear it year-round AND just because it's "cloudy" doesn't mean there's not UV rays. Play it safe everyone.

Enjoy your trip!
-m

David

Original Poster
Thanks to all of you for your wonderful notes! How about joining us at WDW and we can all celebrate together?

Uponastar

Thanks to all of you for your wonderful notes! How about joining us at WDW and we can all celebrate together?

If only. . . ! :lol:
Those of us who can't go will just have to rely on you to fill us in on all the details of your trip! Make it great . . . and have some ice cream for me! :slurp:

pinkrose

Congratulations!!! What a great thing to celebrate and there's no better place to do it.!!1 :sohappy:

Another note about sunscreen... it only last for 2 hours. You need to reapply after 2 hours even if you aren't wet or sweaty.

DisneyDon1

Congrats! This is my first post. We are going in Nov. to celabrate me finishing my chemotherapy for colan cancer. So far so good no signs of any return of the cancer. We are so looking foward to being ay Disney after the last year.Less than 60 days till we are there :D

Erika

Congratulations!!!

I just had a skin check and the doctor said that as little as 3 minutes a day is enough to put you at risk (I am in a warm climate).

Despite my fair skin, I neither tan nor burn easily... I can't even remember my last sunburn and I spend a LOT of time outside. So I have to make a real effort to remember the sunblock. I was furious when I lost family members to smoking-related diseases. Tanning is not really any different, so for my daughter's sake, I am making it part of my regular routine... get dressed, grab the sunblock. :cool:

Erika

Congratulations!!! What a great thing to celebrate and there's no better place to do it.!!1 :sohappy:

Another note about sunscreen... it only last for 2 hours. You need to reapply after 2 hours even if you aren't wet or sweaty.

And apply 20-30 min before going outside, so it has time to absorb.

David

Original Poster
Congrats! This is my first post. We are going in Nov. to celabrate me finishing my chemotherapy for colan cancer. So far so good no signs of any return of the cancer. We are so looking foward to being ay Disney after the last year.Less than 60 days till we are there :D

DisneyDon1,

Welcome to to boards, and so glad that you have completed the chemotherapy treatments. I hope that your good news continues with no return of the cancer. Have a GREAt time at Disney, and give us a report on your trip.

Nemo14

Have a magical trip. We go to FL every February with a group of 10, and last year one of our members had just completed chemo for the same thing. She was weak, but we just took things a day at a time, as I'm sure you've learned too. To make a long story short, today she is still cancer-free, she's gained back most of the weight she lost, she looks great, and we'll all be going back to FL in February together!

ZapperZ

In 21 days, we're heading back to our favorite vacation spot. It's will be a celebration of sorts because I'm now 5 years cancer free from melonoma. Earlier this week, I had some more tests done and everything looks clear. I will have to continue checkups from time to time, but 5 years is a real benchmark and I give thanks to God for this good news.

There are many wonderful reasons to go to WDW (as if we need a reason), but yours certainly is one of THE BEST. Congratulations, best wishes, and hope you have a magical time!

Zz.

Pippa

Congratulations David!!

I always wear sunblock as I'm really pale and burn very very easily but all the years of sunblock or just not going out in the sun are paying off! I am soon celebrating my 33rd birthday and I still get asked for ID in clubs and bars!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom